Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You mean like a guy who was a pro bowl alternate last year?

A couple bad games and last year never happened. This forum, This city, is toxic, period. One of the worst fanbases in sports. Philly and boston might be the only ones shittier. It's fueled by the media too, 670 is fucking cancer.

Not saying mitch is great, but he did prove last year that he is "half way decent".

Pro Bowl Alternate

giphy.gif

We all know he had no business winning an award from last season. Charles Leno was also a Pro Bowl alternate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You mean like a guy who was a pro bowl alternate last year?

A couple bad games and last year never happened. This forum, This city, is toxic, period. One of the worst fanbases in sports. Philly and boston might be the only ones shittier. It's fueled by the media too, 670 is fucking cancer.

Not saying mitch is great, but he did prove last year that he is "half way decent".

That is a waste of time.

That also translates to "replaceable".

I agree the Foles and Rosen stuff is idiotic. They suck or are way too expensive for what you are getting.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pro Bowl Alternate

giphy.gif

We all know he had no business winning an award from last season. Charles Leno was also a Pro Bowl alternate.

He had a half way decent season last year. And yes, he was voted in as an alternate by his peers and coaches, not the fans.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That is a waste of time.

That also translates to "replaceable".

I agree the Foles and Rosen stuff is idiotic. They suck or are way too expensive for what you are getting.

The way he's performed thus far he is replaceable. However, he is our best option going forward for the next two years.

No QB we can draft this upcoming year will make more of an impact than mitch. No FA/Trade acquisition can either.

Idiots on here act like there is some magical cure to the QB situation. The only cure is to hope that mitch keeps developing and the first two games of this season were an anomaly and not an actuality.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Get Mitch or Dye Trying. He is the only answer, the only solution. Will it happen? Prob not, but there are no other options.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The way he's performed thus far he is replaceable. However, he is our best option going forward for the next two years.

No QB we can draft this upcoming year will make more of an impact than mitch. No FA/Trade acquisition can either.

Idiots on here act like there is some magical cure to the QB situation. The only cure is to hope that mitch keeps developing and the first two games of this season were an anomaly and not an actuality.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Get Mitch or Dye Trying. He is the only answer, the only solution. Will it happen? Prob not, but there are no other options.

You have no idea whether this is true or not.

The only cure is too add options, develop guys, and to not rely on Mitch as the sole QB.

There are always options.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You have no idea whether this is true or not.

The only cure is too add options, develop guys, and to not rely on Mitch as the sole QB.

There are always options.

lol. no, i do.

Please tell me what rookie qb the last few years has tore the league up? Watson? thats about it.

Any rookie we draft will play as bad or worse than mitch. My guess is worse, because most rookies are not very great at ball security and mitch, not matter how bad he is, has always been good with keeping the ball on our side.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you think Jaylen Hurts is going to come in on this team in 2020 and be the difference between Superbowl and bust you are just as delusional as anyone who thinks mitch can still be the answer.

like I said. This thread is like fucking 6-8 weeks early. No one even knows what mitch is yes. Yes, we know he isn't going to be elite, but he can still be average to above average. Sorry, but i doubt they move on from that if he winds up proving it the rest of the year.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I really like Jalen Hurts, there is a Russell Wilson vibe to him where he just makes plays when needed.
He's a winner, true, but he also lacks the passing ability and accuracy of Russell Wilson. Can't scramble your way to championships in the NFL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's a winner, true, but he also lacks the passing ability and accuracy of Russell Wilson. Can't scramble your way to championships in the NFL.

Isn't this the same shit they said about Deshaun Watson?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes

LMAO are you serious?

We can for sure upgrade the position in less than two years. We don't have to hope Mitch develops, it is possible to find a better QB while waiting on Mitch to get better. You say we're looking for a magical solution through the draft or FA, but you're hoping Mitch magically learns to read a defense and stops missing open WRs.

"He is the only answer, the only solution." What kind of weird, homoerotic, fan-boy shit is that?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Isn't this the same shit they said about Deshaun Watson?
Nobody knocked Watson's passing ability. Only idiots who saw a QB who could run and assumed he was a scrambler instead of the pass-first QB he is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol. no, i do.

Please tell me what rookie qb the last few years has tore the league up? Watson? thats about it.

Any rookie we draft will play as bad or worse than mitch. My guess is worse, because most rookies are not very great at ball security and mitch, not matter how bad he is, has always been good with keeping the ball on our side.

You do not need to tear up the league to be better than Mitch.

You are also drafting a guy to develop for 2021 and beyond, you have to start the process at some point the longer you wait the longer it takes.

"Can't do better" is what we said about Cutler as we wasted years on him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LMAO are you serious?

We can for sure upgrade the position in less than two years. We don't have to hope Mitch develops, it is possible to find a better QB while waiting on Mitch to get better. You say we're looking for a magical solution through the draft or FA, but you're hoping Mitch magically learns to read a defense and stops missing open WRs.

"He is the only answer, the only solution." What kind of weird, homoerotic, fan-boy shit is that?

Okay, fine. What answer do you have for 2020?

Im not talking about 2021. If mitch doesn't improve by then he won't get extended, and he won't be here. My guess is he gets up until the end of next season to prove that he can be the answer.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You do not need to tear up the league to be better than Mitch.

You are also drafting a guy to develop for 2021 and beyond, you have to start the process at some point the longer you wait the longer it takes.

"Can't do better" is what we said about Cutler as we wasted years on him.

By 2021 the window on this defense is closed, guy.

This, just like the rams with goff, is on mitch.

If you draft a QB next year(Which we won't, because there are way too many fucking holes on the oline), he won't be ready in 2020. Thats all im saying.

Like I said, thread was started WAY too early. But such is life in a shitty sports town. 3 weeks in and you start a thread about replacing a QB you just drafted 2.5 years ago, who hasn't been horrible.

You need the rest of the season to evaluate mitch. If he plays decent, he isn't getting replaced. They aren't wasting high draft capital on a replacement. This isn't the cutler effect, this is the effect that a decent QB can win you a playoff game or two and get you into the superbowl. Mitch nearly did it last year, fuckboys seem to forget.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Okay, fine. What answer do you have for 2020?

Im not talking about 2021. If mitch doesn't improve by then he won't get extended, and he won't be here. My guess is he gets up until the end of next season to prove that he can be the answer.
I don't have the answer. But it wouldn't hurt to try some new blood. Yeah, them being an improvement over Mitch isn't certain, but Mitch making the giant leap we need him to make isn't certain either.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
This thread is honestly made way too early, but what would CCS be without overreaction at the QB position. This is a thread you start near the end of the year, not a few weeks in.

Hurts has been meh up until this year. Lincoln Riley has made 3 straight QB's look good. Is it him? Id wager to say since Hurts didn't look so hot in Bama.

Well Hurts was really good at Alabama last year (11.9 ANY/A, 196 rating, 72.9% comp) that rates quite favorably to him at Oklahoma (14.3 ANY/A, 216 rating, 71.3% comp). Let's also not forget that Hurts is insanely young. I would love to see a thing like

- Mitch to the Chargers for a 4th
- Send the 4th to the Redskins for Alex Smith
- Draft Hurts (who after four years in college still won't turn 22 until August) with a 2nd and give him a redshirt year

Then you're looking at Smith on two years where if Hurts is ready, you can cut Smith and open a lot of 2021 money but if you're still unsure, you have Smith for one more year then you have Hurts for two years and you decide how he fits.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't have the answer. But it wouldn't hurt to try some new blood. Yeah, them being an improvement over Mitch isn't certain, but Mitch making the giant leap we need him to make isn't certain either.

I dont need a giant leap. I just need him to be the guy he was last year, which with this defense gives us a chance.

I fully expect he can do that. 90% of the fuckboys on CCS decided he can't after two bad games to start the season.

And yes, it won't hurt to try some "new blood", but there is no one out there who is a potential answer for 2020.

Like I said, this thread was made WAY fucking early. But what would chicago be without overreacting at the QB position?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well Hurts was really good at Alabama last year (11.9 ANY/A, 196 rating, 72.9% comp) that rates quite favorably to him at Oklahoma (14.3 ANY/A, 216 rating, 71.3% comp). Let's also not forget that Hurts is insanely young. I would love to see a thing like

- Mitch to the Chargers for a 4th
- Send the 4th to the Redskins for Alex Smith
- Draft Hurts (who after four years in college still won't turn 22 until August) with a 2nd and give him a redshirt year

Then you're looking at Smith on two years where if Hurts is ready, you can cut Smith and open a lot of 2021 money but if you're still unsure, you have Smith for one more year then you have Hurts for two years and you decide how he fits.

genius. Pick up a guy who you don't know will ever play football to be the answer for a superbowl caliber defense.

Smart.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not to mention if he does come back healthy he will have zero mobility behind the worst oline in the league. Sounds like a recipe for success.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
By 2021 the window on this defense is closed, guy.

This, just like the rams with goff, is on mitch.

If you draft a QB next year(Which we won't, because there are way too many fucking holes on the oline), he won't be ready in 2020. Thats all im saying.

Like I said, thread was started WAY too early. But such is life in a shitty sports town. 3 weeks in and you start a thread about replacing a QB you just drafted 2.5 years ago, who hasn't been horrible.

You need the rest of the season to evaluate mitch. If he plays decent, he isn't getting replaced. They aren't wasting high draft capital on a replacement. This isn't the cutler effect, this is the effect that a decent QB can win you a playoff game or two and get you into the superbowl. Mitch nearly did it last year, fuckboys seem to forget.

Mitch's fifth year option is...29 million dollars and is the 2021 season. Even in an higher cap era, the list of QB's with a cap hit that high are solely reserved for either guys who are/have competed for MVPs (Wilson, Ryan, Rodgers), legacy QB (Roethlisberger, Stafford) or for guys who people questioned their deals (Goff, Cousins).

The unlikely nature of Mitch being here in 2021 at the price he would command is why the team should be more pro-active than reactive about finding a QB. Especially because a QB is a long-term thing where finding any other positional player in the second round (especially a freaking OL) is more immediate and unlikely to come anywhere close to matching the value.