When you know the season is over...

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Last season was fun and offered reasons for optimism that never materialized in 2019.
This season has been such a huge disappointment that the only thing we have to appreciate was the beatdown of the Vikings with a bunch of back-ups in the mix.

Last Sunday I opted for yard work over watching the game and stayed away from CCS until today. THAT was refreshing. Since it was apparent the outcome was a foregone conclusion, productivity won the day over frustration and disappointment. Maybe I should thank the Bears since I plan to get much more accomplished over the next few months of Sundays.

I used to get just as worked up as most of you and let the Bears successes, or lack of, affect my mood all week, The older I get the less I give a shit in the big picture of life. My advice to the rest of you: Get out of the house and find something fun or productive to do. Trust me, you'll feel much better on Mondays.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The difference between this season and last season.

Last season, I watched the games and did nothing else. This season, I'm watching the games while I'm playing video games. Because fuck this team. :D

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, I find that I'm less incensed when the Bears are getting blown out and failing catastrophically. Sometimes it is even humorous. The games that have previously chapped my hide were when we are close or ahead and roflfail away the game.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Last season was fun and offered reasons for optimism that never materialized in 2019.
This season has been such a huge disappointment that the only thing we have to appreciate was the beatdown of the Vikings with a bunch of back-ups in the mix.

Last Sunday I opted for yard work over watching the game and stayed away from CCS until today. THAT was refreshing. Since it was apparent the outcome was a foregone conclusion, productivity won the day over frustration and disappointment. Maybe I should thank the Bears since I plan to get much more accomplished over the next few months of Sundays.

I used to get just as worked up as most of you and let the Bears successes, or lack of, affect my mood all week, The older I get the less I give a shit in the big picture of life. My advice to the rest of you: Get out of the house and find something fun or productive to do. Trust me, you'll feel much better on Mondays.
Excellent Post. It really boils down to this. I have invested far too much emotionally with this team. I don't think I could go rake leaves but I tip my hat to those smarter than myself. The Bears aren't paying any of our mortgages.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I read the word "productive" too many times in that post. Monday-Friday is productive. My Sundays are for kicking it with friends and having some drinks and watching football. I enjoy the day whether they win or not. Enjoy the honey do's though.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I found myself getting pissed off at how fucking Special person this franchise is on Sunday so I just turned the TV off and decided to go to the gym. Turned Sunday into a really good day. After a rage fueled gym session I got some homework and studying done with enough time to cook a nice dinner. Maybe Ryan Pace is good for something after all.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I read the word "productive" too many times in that post. Monday-Friday is productive. My Sundays are for kicking it with friends and having some drinks and watching football. I enjoy the day whether they win or not. Enjoy the honey do's though.
excellent post

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
C’mon now, Sunday’s are meant to be lazy. I watch with such low expectations that I can’t get mad, was more interested in watching fantasy players by halftime
THIS 100%

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No honey-dos. Kicked her to the curb years ago and only work on project I want to work on now.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I took the family to see Joker after the miserable game last Sunday. I will continue to watch because I’m a fan and that’s what I do.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
watched the first half, saw that they looked like shit, I had no emotions. took a long break and when out to eat and when somewhere else, came back home around 9pm to finish the game(2nd half). I knew it was a lost, regardless i always watch the games no matter what. At least it was a bit more watchable in the second half, the blame is everywhere IMO.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I watch for a while until I see something completely sub NFL level and the math pretty much guarantee a loss, then shut it off to rough house with my kiddos.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
All these Nagy haters out here living the "Be You" life on Sundays now... Sounds like his philosophy was more global than I thought.

Hulkhogan

Liked Posts:
At this point, the Bears game is like looking at that car accident as you drive by. You can't help but to take a peek.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess myself and a few others are just different. I cannot comprehend posting here year round, following the draft, following @bears26 training camp posts like a crackhead, and then flaunting the fact you don't watch the Bears on Sunday.

It's 16 games.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Guess myself and a few others are just different. I cannot comprehend posting here year round, following the draft, following @bears26 training camp posts like a crackhead, and then flaunting the fact you don't watch the Bears on Sunday.

It's 16 games.

well i did take i break in the Fox era, it was my first time ever, I felt like i've missed way to much movement on the roster besides for allllll of those shitty games i'm glad i didn't watch in agony. Even stayed away for the internet also, i knew it was rock bottom. There was nothin' to like about FOX.