MACK?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They are getting it done but does the offense need those 2 first rd picks and cap space?

If they had someone opposite of Mack other than Floyd?

If they had a solid team in place, than trading for Mack, it would have meant a SB caliber team.

So what should we do flush the D and have teams kicking our butts by 28-35 points a game???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Chicago Staleys .....what u wanna do is cape for competition at the Qb position

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Honestly, with the state of the Dline, was Mack really worth two 1st round picks and a 3rd? Not saying Mack isn’t good but this team wasn’t built to win now. Floyd wasn’t the guy to be opposite of Mack. The guy gets doubled team and nobody can take advantage. What’s the point of having him when everybody else is poor.

Trading 2 high valued picks for a player that doesn’t touch the ball every play like a QB.

The Dline is 1 player away (Hicks) to being average or a little below average.

The offense was the problem before and has drastically declined.

I think the NFL has learned that only an elite QB is worth that cost. (Bears fucked this up, twice)
The reason your sack leader is a nose tackle is because mack is getting doubled and trippled.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So what should we flush the D and have teams kicking our butts by 28-35 points a game???

Wow!

Sometimes text gets lost in translation but you are complete missing it.

Mack’s cost may not be worth it to a team that’s not in position to be a SB champion. That is what I’m saying. Mack cost a lot and is gold but the cost hurts the opportunity to improve the rest.

Mack came to a team that wasn’t ready to win and can’t improve because of the cost.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The reason your sack leader is a nose tackle is because mack is getting doubled and trippled.

Yep there is no doubt he is helping the below average Dline become better but is he helping the future of the Bears? They are 4-5 with no hope.

Would Mack help the Dolphins, at a cost of two 1st rd picks and huge cap hit, be worth it to the that teams future?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow!

Sometimes text gets lost in translation but you are complete missing it.

Mack’s cost may not be worth it to a team that’s not in position to be a SB champion. That is what I’m saying. Mack cost a lot and is gold but the cost hurts the opportunity to improve the rest.

Mack came to a team that wasn’t ready to win and can’t improve because of the cost.

Chicago Staleys.........it's like not being ready for ur 1st child. But ya deal with it. Ya don't put the kid up for adoption to save $$$.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Another long winded post incoming

The issue now is the same issue late last season and the playoffs. Offense. It is so completely easy to figure out and somehow, after decades of being a defense first and only franchise, fans still don't get it. Mitch can throw one pass an entire game and some fans love him. A player like Mack can get pressures that affect plays and because he doesn't get the sack, those same fans will shit on him. People completely ignored the sack Mack got on the Chargers last drive that helped give the Bears a chance.

There were two series in the first half today where Mack was a force and people are all "WHERE ARE YOU MACK??? DEEERRRRR"

Look at todays game. The Lions have 13 points. That is great no matter how you stretch it. But once again, 4th qtr, when an offense can seal a game with sustained drives and Odin willing, points, you suddenly don't stress the D as much because time and win probability is on your side. The Bears D week in and week out give you a chance to win statistically.

The Bears D gives up points at the worst time because when your offense is this bad, it's always the worst time. Late in games when you just need a drive to seal it, you shit your pants. You end up asking your defense to win it for you 2-3 times after repeated 3&outs or at the very best, 15-20 yard scoreless drives.

Bears Points allowed through 9 games last season 175. This season 157

Going into this season, most people expected regression. It made complete sense. Impossible to keep up that kind of TO production. Hard for defenses to stay on top and they lost Fangio. Then they lose Hicks, which is major and these guys have to go out there week after week knowing damn well their offense is garbage, wont do their part and they'll miss the playoffs because of it. Mack isn't inspired. I think that's pretty clear. But when his team is in it, he plays the part. No way am i trading a premier pass rusher to give this bum ass GM more ways to fuck up the team.

Give this defense middle of the road offensive production and you're in the SB conversation. You can do that with a NFL QB, a TE and better LT. I have no faith in Nagy but i still haven't seen this team with a real NFL QB. I see WRs open every week. I'd like to see an offense ran by a QB who can hit them in stride and have a coordinator/HC and teammates who believe in him.

Mitch absolutely crushed this teams chances at making the Mack trade mean anything but it's salvageable.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Chicago Staleys.........it's like not being ready for ur 1st child. But ya deal with it. Ya don't put the kid up for adoption to save $$$.

Okay so the Mack trade was worth it. The Bears were ready to win it all, just needed that 1 more piece, at trade time?

Sigh...

Would it be worth it to the Dolphins to trade 2 first rd picks and a 3rd plus the highest paid salary to get Mack?

The Bears are better than the Dolphins but the point is still the same.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Another long winded post incoming

The issue now is the same issue late last season and the playoffs. Offense. It is so completely easy to figure out and somehow, after decades of being a defense first and only franchise, fans still don't get it. Mitch can throw one pass an entire game and some fans love him. A player like Mack can get pressures that affect plays and because he doesn't get the sack, those same fans will shit on him. People completely ignored the sack Mack got on the Chargers last drive that helped give the Bears a chance.

There were two series in the first half today where Mack was a force and people are all "WHERE ARE YOU MACK??? DEEERRRRR"

Look at todays game. The Lions have 13 points. That is great no matter how you stretch it. But once again, 4th qtr, when an offense can seal a game with sustained drives and Odin willing, points, you suddenly don't stress the D as much because time and win probability is on your side. The Bears D week in and week out give you a chance to win statistically.

The Bears D gives up points at the worst time because when your offense is this bad, it's always the worst time. Late in games when you just need a drive to seal it, you shit your pants. You end up asking your defense to win it for you 2-3 times after repeated 3&outs or at the very best, 15-20 yard scoreless drives.

Going into this season, most people expected regression. It made complete sense. Impossible to keep up that kind of TO production. Hard for defenses to stay on top and they lost Fangio. Then they lose Hicks, which is major and these guys have to go out there week after week knowing damn well their offense is garbage, wont do their part and they'll miss the playoffs because of it. Mack isn't inspired. I think that's pretty clear. But when his team is in it, he plays the part. No way am i trading a premier pass rusher to give this bum ass GM more ways to fuck up the team.

Give this defense middle of the road offensive production and you're in the SB conversation. You can do that with a NFL QB, a TE and better LT. I have no faith in Nagy but i still haven't seen this team with a real NFL QB. I see WRs open every week. I'd like to see an offense ran by a QB who can hit them in stride and have a coordinator/HC and teammates who believe in him.

Mitch absolutely crushed this teams chances at making the Mack trade mean anything but it's salvageable.

Give this defense middle of the road offensive production and you're in the SB conversation

THIS

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Okay so the Mack trade was worth it. The Bears were ready to win it all, just needed that 1 more piece, at trade time?

Sigh...

Would it be worth it to the Dolphins to trade 2 first rd picks and a 3rd plus the highest paid salary to get Mack?

The Bears are better than the Dolphins but the point is still the same.

LOL.....I'm not gonna get on this bus......but how do u know the Dolphins would do what u say???

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Thanks "Anytime23"

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears had 1 sack by the Dline today against a scout team Oline. Lions Oline is really really bad and injured. Philly was the same and the Chargers is even lower. Mack doesn’t change how bad the rest of the Dline is right now.

If Hicks injury is really affecting this Defense than they aren’t elite. 1 player shouldn’t change a Dline from good to below average.

Macks value doesn’t out weight the return. He doesn’t have a platoon. This team needs those 2 first rd picks/3rd rd and 144 million in dollars.

Macks trade was bad timing.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
LOL.....I'm not gonna get on this bus......but how do u know the Dolphins would do what u say???

It’s an example. Thought that was obvious.

The point was, a team with a lot of needs wouldn’t make that trade. The Bears have a lot of needs.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
It’s an example. Thought that was obvious.

The point was, a team with a lot of needs wouldn’t make that trade. The Bears have a lot of needs.
You act like they made the trade last week. When they made it it looked like they had almost all their pieces in place to make a solid run. With the knowledge (and assumptions made) at the time, yes the trade was good. Period.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You act like they made the trade last week. When they made it it looked like they had almost all their pieces in place to make a solid run. With the knowledge (and assumptions made) at the time, yes the trade was good. Period.

Actually they made the decision to do the trade with worst data than they do now.

Last edited:

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Actually they made the decision to do the trade with worst data than they do know.
Less data yes, worse? Debatable. The guy making the decisions, Pace, had his QB, his coach, and everything else lined up (except the kicker apparently). He made the call based on that info. If you’re trying to tell everyone that at that time you thought it was a bad idea and you knew they’d be in this position now, I’m gonna have to call bullshit.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Gotcha'......did u see this:

I did and it proves my point even more. How will this team even get the to the “middle of the road” with no cap space and no draft capital?

This defense has faced 1 good offense and got shredded! Why? No pass rush! Pace has to fix the opposite of Mack. How will he do this and fix the offense?

Can’t wait to hear this response.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Less data yes, worse? Debatable. The guy making the decisions, Pace, had his QB, his coach, and everything else lined up (except the kicker apparently). He made the call based on that info. If you’re trying to tell everyone that at that time you thought it was a bad idea and you knew they’d be in this position now, I’m gonna have to call bullshit.

That’s the point, he was wrong on everything. Looking back now was Mack worth the cost? It’s really that simple.

We know TRU wasn’t worth the trade up.

We know Nagy was the wrong hire.

Was Mack worth the trade?

Last edited: