Perlini Requests Trade

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eh, I wouldn't characterize it as that. Campbell was top-4 -- it wasn't so much he was "surrounded" by great D, it's that he was the great D (in a figurative sense). Daley was being groomed to be so also. And Oduya -- was he "great," or did Q just get the most out of him? I wouldn't call Oduya "great." Solid, yes, but not great.

Daley had Keith, Seabs, and Hammer. Should've been plenty.

Okay, let's get off this shitty Daley subject. I'm not trying to die on a hill for the guy.
My point was more along the lines that the individual anchor D-mens' games after the 2015 run regressed. Daley did not have the same Hjammer, Keith, and definitely not the same Seabrook that Campbell did. I don't know if Campbell would have looked good on the 2016 'hawk team--but I think he would have had a harder time. But to your point, I think Daley would have been a very, very nice piece on the 2014 'hawk squad and was excited when we got him even--to the point of it somewhat washing out the pain of losing Sharp.

Back to Perlini though--I think this was a solid move. We kick the can down the road a bit and everything I read about Regula points to a Murph-like D-man with size.

Granada

Liked Posts:
My point was more along the lines that the individual anchor D-mens' games after the 2015 run regressed. Daley did not have the same Hjammer, Keith, and definitely not the same Seabrook that Campbell did. I don't know if Campbell would have looked good on the 2016 'hawk team--but I think he would have had a harder time. But to your point, I think Daley would have been a very, very nice piece on the 2014 'hawk squad and was excited when we got him even--to the point of it somewhat washing out the pain of losing Sharp.

Back to Perlini though--I think this was a solid move. We kick the can down the road a bit and everything I read about Regula points to a Murph-like D-man with size.

Meh. That's a cop-out. They just won the Cup the year before and they made the playoffs that year. Hammer was in his late twenties, Seabrook also (turned 30 later in the year). The flip side of that argument is that, it was even tougher for Campbell with a very green Hammer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder who gets a shot to be the 23rd player now. Sikura is playing well in Rockford, but they probably need him playing nightly.

There is also a report now that the hawks are looking to deal Zach smith and his 3.25 cap hit thru next season. We knew AA did not have much left for this team, especially with Dach, miss his net front presence when he lumbered down there, but they got an equally square peg for a round hole with him.

I think they are underestimating the things he does on the 4th line. When its Jewels-Carp-Smith they tend to dominate. All of them are borderline too good for a 4th line and together they overwhelm with their grit ethic.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dach/Shaw/Jewels/Nylander-Toews-Shaw/Jewels/Nylander
Cat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels/Shaw/Nylander-Carp-Smith

My rotation would look something like this for the moment.

They can definitely get away with subbing smith with offensive talent against certain teams. I think despite his price he is a fantastic asset who is an extra center depth player, and moves people physically which we need while having great passing. Keep him and find a better fit. Try him with Cat-Strome also, as Carp seems to be the guy that is working with literally anyone. Kane/Jewels/Smith/Nylander/CAt/Strome are among the players that Carp has made look good.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did not think this deserved a new thread, but they apparently had to sign him to an entry level contract? At least we did not lose him to waivers before we see what we got.

The Chicago Blackhawks and general manager Stan Bowman announced a contract signing on Monday.

The team has signed defenseman Alec Regula to a three year entry level contract.

Regula's ELC will keep him around through 2021-22 at an AAV of $897.5k.

The 19 year old was acquired in the Brendan Perlini trade with Detroit and currently has 15 points in 14 games for the London Knights of the OHL.

He'll stay in the OHL for now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the whole point was why did they resign him, and if getting a prospect back for a million dollar deal is the answer, I hope the prospect was worth the effort.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched Perlini play the Sharks and he looked good, scored a goal and was involved alot in making the Sharks work hard in the corners. His spot will be secure for a while after that performance. He wasn't allowed to play with that style for the Hawks but I don't know why. He seems more like the type of guy JC wanted to run his system than about anybody we have and he couldn't get on the ice.

?‍♂️