Trubisky Broke an NFL record tonight.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Only player with 30+ pass attempts to pass for 70% completion percentage, throw for 3 TDs, have 50 yards of rushing and a rushing TD.

Its a cherry picked record no doubt but impressive that he is the only player to ever do that.

That's the definition of carrying an offense people.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Legit criticisms do not equal hating a player.
You might wanna read more of his posts on Trubisky cause they're definitely not all legit. Most of them, yes, but definitely not all.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You might wanna read more of his posts on Trubisky cause they're definitely not all legit. Most of them, yes, but definitely not all.

They are legit, because I've had the same criticisms, and pretty much so does just about anyone nationally outside of a few bears homers.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

But the reality is they weren't legit criticisms. Most dropped balls in the league. Worst TEs in football. Most penalized LT in football. Shaky O line play where they had to switch the LG and the C half way through the season. A running game that produces 76 yards per game. Guys running into each other in their routes. Bad play calling that didn't fit the skills of the QB.
But yes. After all that data was crunched in the first 10 games somehow in the 12 and 13 game the adjustments were made and the QB started to take off like a rocket ship.

This was by far not just a Mitch execution game. This was the best playcalling I have ever seen in my life on offense for the Bears. I was literally tricked by Nagys playcalling all game. He was exceptional.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
But the reality is they weren't legit criticisms. Most dropped balls in the league. Worst TEs in football. Most penalized LT in football. Shaky O line play where they had to switch the LG and the C half way through the season. A running game that produces 76 yards per game. Guys running into each other in their routes. Bad play calling that didn't fit the skills of the QB.
But yes. After all that data was crunched in the first 10 games somehow in the 12 and 13 game the adjustments were made and the QB started to take off like a rocket ship.

This was by far not just a Mitch execution game. This was the best playcalling I have ever seen in my life on offense for the Bears. I was literally tricked by Nagys playcalling all game. He was exceptional.

LOL, you guys are just making excuses. Let's not pretend all that was happening AND mitch was playing well. Mitch can also play like shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Up until a few weeks ago, Mitch was one of the worst QBs in the league, and it wasn't by accident. He's been getting compared to Bortles by analysts since last year, and for very good reason. If Mitch needs everything to go right to be a good QB, then he isn't a very good QB.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Gotta make some shout outs real quick real talk.

@Anytime23, you've been accused of being a hater by many when Mitch was playing poorly, but you have absolutely given Mitch credit in these few BOUNCE BACK games he's had. Props to you, you give objective takes.

@bearmick I saw you in there giving Mitch credit for BOUNCING BACK. I could tell that you were excited when Mitch busted open for that TD scamper. Props to you for yet another honest assessment. You've been the #1 target for the Homers over the years here, but you never let that deter you.

@HeHateMe you were right about AntMill AND Mitch. They've BOUNCED BACK together and that's just another #calledit for you. Props to you, srs.

@remydat I know you quite literally can't stand matt Nagy, but you acknowledged that he made some proper calls 2nite. It takes a mature man to ACKNOWLEDGE that someone you don't like did something right for once. Respect.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
LOL, you guys are just making excuses. Let's not pretend all that was happening AND mitch was playing well. Mitch can also play like shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Up until a few weeks ago, Mitch was one of the worst QBs in the league, and it wasn't by accident. He's been getting compared to Bortles by analysts since last year, and for very good reason. If Mitch needs everything to go right to be a good QB, then he isn't a very good QB.

Bortles turned the ball over and couldnt complete passes. Garbage time QBd most of his yards.

Not comparable

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bortles turned the ball over and couldnt complete passes. Garbage time QBd most of his yards.

Not comparable

Just because their numbers aren't identical, doesn't mean they aren't comparable. They've been pretty comparable, and you can believe if Mitch didn't have a top rate defense saving his ass, he'd be garbage timing stats, like he did last year vs. NE, or this year vs. the Saints. He's played well these last few games, and I'd say this game is the most encouraging because it wasn't exactly bum slaying, but stop trying to write off how piss poor he's been. If the Bears are lucky, he finally figured it out and is taking a step forward.

Exhibit_A

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya but putting all the blame on Mitch and not on the play of the offensive line and shit playing calling this season is considered legit criticism? .. it feels like Nagy finally got the clue and is giving Mitch the freedom to do what he does best.. I really liked Nagy’s fire today especially when he called the ref a son of a bitch!! ?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Only player with 30+ pass attempts to pass for 70% completion percentage, throw for 3 TDs, have 50 yards of rushing and a rushing TD.

Its a cherry picked record no doubt but impressive that he is the only player to ever do that.

That's the definition of carrying an offense people.

Cherry picked indeed. But still impressive. Mitch deserves all the credit he will get this week.