Trubisky Broke an NFL record tonight.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
LOL, you guys are just making excuses. Let's not pretend all that was happening AND mitch was playing well. Mitch can also play like shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Up until a few weeks ago, Mitch was one of the worst QBs in the league, and it wasn't by accident. He's been getting compared to Bortles by analysts since last year, and for very good reason. If Mitch needs everything to go right to be a good QB, then he isn't a very good QB.

QFT

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya but putting all the blame on Mitch and not on the play of the offensive line and shit playing calling this season is considered legit criticism? .. it feels like Nagy finally got the clue and is giving Mitch the freedom to do what he does best.. I really liked Nagy’s fire today especially when he called the ref a son of a bitch!! ?

Who did that though?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL, you guys are just making excuses. Let's not pretend all that was happening AND mitch was playing well. Mitch can also play like shit. These things aren't mutually exclusive. Up until a few weeks ago, Mitch was one of the worst QBs in the league, and it wasn't by accident. He's been getting compared to Bortles by analysts since last year, and for very good reason. If Mitch needs everything to go right to be a good QB, then he isn't a very good QB.
No reasonable analyst has compared Trubisky to Bortles. None.

And as far as this board, there are certainly legitimate criticisms of Trubisky but the handful of people who have decided "I wanted Watson, therefore I will never see Trubisky (or Watson) objectively" is insane.

Trubisky plays well, and he may get a backhanded compliment, like people last night discussing Dallas' D as terrible, when it is Top 10 in football.

Nobody should think Mitch is All Pro based on last night's game, but begrudgingly giving a lukewarm compliment is not being objective.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ya but putting all the blame on Mitch and not on the play of the offensive line and shit playing calling this season is considered legit criticism? .. it feels like Nagy finally got the clue and is giving Mitch the freedom to do what he does best.. I really liked Nagy’s fire today especially when he called the ref a son of a bitch!! ?
I actually think fans criticism of the play calling is more off base than any criticism of individual player. Not to say there's never a time to question certain calls, but...

OL can't run block or pass protect. No TE. RB with most drops in the NFL. Miller with butter fingers. And people here cry about the play calls incessantly.

No better example than referring to running straight ahead on 3rd and one as a "trick play" because the man who lined up in the backfield and got the ball was Patterson. People here refer to almost every play inside the 5 as a trick play when they aren't. It's comical.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nobody should think Mitch is All Pro based on last night's game, but begrudgingly giving a lukewarm compliment is not being objective.

Showing life late in season when they're pretty much out of it because of the awful play for most of the season is cause for more than lukewarm compliments? What do you expect?

Besides, anything more than lukewarm compliments and we're accused of flip flopping. Can't win either way.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gotta make some shout outs real quick real talk.

@Anytime23, you've been accused of being a hater by many when Mitch was playing poorly, but you have absolutely given Mitch credit in these few BOUNCE BACK games he's had. Props to you, you give objective takes.

@bearmick I saw you in there giving Mitch credit for BOUNCING BACK. I could tell that you were excited when Mitch busted open for that TD scamper. Props to you for yet another honest assessment. You've been the #1 target for the Homers over the years here, but you never let that deter you.

@HeHateMe you were right about AntMill AND Mitch. They've BOUNCED BACK together and that's just another #calledit for you. Props to you, srs.

@remydat I know you quite literally can't stand matt Nagy, but you acknowledged that he made some proper calls 2nite. It takes a mature man to ACKNOWLEDGE that someone you don't like did something right for once. Respect.

Hahahaha i love this shit.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gotta make some shout outs real quick real talk.

@Anytime23, you've been accused of being a hater by many when Mitch was playing poorly, but you have absolutely given Mitch credit in these few BOUNCE BACK games he's had. Props to you, you give objective takes.

@bearmick I saw you in there giving Mitch credit for BOUNCING BACK. I could tell that you were excited when Mitch busted open for that TD scamper. Props to you for yet another honest assessment. You've been the #1 target for the Homers over the years here, but you never let that deter you.

@HeHateMe you were right about AntMill AND Mitch. They've BOUNCED BACK together and that's just another #calledit for you. Props to you, srs.

@remydat I know you quite literally can't stand matt Nagy, but you acknowledged that he made some proper calls 2nite. It takes a mature man to ACKNOWLEDGE that someone you don't like did something right for once. Respect.
Thanks man. None of us have any reason to be haters. I just go by what I see and try to have perspective on what I’m watching. Last night was a legitimate great performance by Mitch. He looked like a completely different QB.it actually felt good watching the Bears for once.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Mitch has been outstanding for two weeks. I hope something woke in him saying just play. He’s taking chances and playing fluid... it’s great.

The knock is it taking so long. Average play could have helped to win a least 3 games prior and be competing for the division and home field. I also think with some starter changes the whole team looks better.

I know hindsight is 20-20 but it is what it is.

I hope the last 8 days represents the future MT... because it’s been a lot more fun than the previous.

He can certainly play at a high level... and that TD run is why I have to mop my living room as beer and pretzels we’re flying everywhere!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Looks more like Nagy was the issue. Trubisky definitely deserves blame but he wasn't able to play the way he plays up until the last few weeks and some didn't want to talk about Nagy being the issue cause of their hate for Trubisky and were more about wanting to be right about their hate for Trubisky since he was drafted. All they wanted to do was talk about how bad Pace was for thinking Trubisky could play in this league and drafting him over the other two (i'm not saying the other two aren't better cause they are) instead of even talking about the issue maybe being Nagy. Nagy is finally listening to the world and letting Trubisky play the way he played last year. But it's too late now cause our next 3 games are against beasts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Showing life late in season when they're pretty much out of it because of the awful play for most of the season is cause for more than lukewarm compliments? What do you expect?

Besides, anything more than lukewarm compliments and we're accused of flip flopping. Can't win either way.

See??

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bearsbud has an over-simplified way of looking at things.

I am uncertain there is any such thing as a Mitch hater on CCS actually. Anywhere.

All critics were justified, and any disagreement with criticism was always to the degree where blame fell to QB vs. coach vs. O-line on and on.

Dicks who love it when Mitch does well because they get to try and force-feed crow where none is needed ad nauseum here though. And I mean NAUSEUM.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should all be happy about what he did last night. The call was, lets see him do it against a top 10 D. Congrats but the next game will be very telling. Not only is KC a great team, they will know the intricacies of this O. No free lunches next Sunday. Don't expect this sort of game against them regardless of where their d is ranked but if he simply plays well again, it will begin to show the sort of consistency we need at the position. At this point, he deserves no benefit of doubt but good performances should also not be dismissed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am uncertain there is any such thing as a Mitch hater on CCS actually. Anywhere.

All critics were justified, and any disagreement with criticism was always to the degree where blame fell to QB vs. coach vs. O-line on and on.

Dicks who love it when Mitch does well because they get to try and force-feed crow where none is needed ad nauseum here though. And I mean NAUSEUM.

No crow can be served until well into the 2020 season at the earliest. A couple of improved performances towards the end of a terrible year doesn't come close to warrant crow eating.

If he continues to play like a franchise QB (which he did last night for sure) the rest of the season and deep into next year, then we can talk about crow.

If he goes back to dog shit against the Packers next week, this knee jerk bloviating is going to look very silly (as it has before).

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Looks more like Nagy was the issue. Trubisky definitely deserves blame but he wasn't able to play the way he plays up until the last few weeks and some didn't want to talk about Nagy being the issue cause of their hate for Trubisky and were more about wanting to be right about their hate for Trubisky since he was drafted. All they wanted to do was talk about how bad Pace was for thinking Trubisky could play in this league and drafting him over the other two (i'm not saying the other two aren't better cause they are) instead of even talking about the issue maybe being Nagy. Nagy is finally listening to the world and letting Trubisky play the way he played last year. But it's too late now cause our next 3 games are against beasts.

This is one post of your many long winded posts where I will agree with you...

After last night, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that @Broc may have been right. Maybe Nagy's scheme and playcalling were the MAIN issue. Case in point, last night. Offense is humming along, and Nagy decides to get cute and go wildcat that get's absolutely blown up. Then in a drive late in the game, when it's time to actually run the ball, he goes 5 wide and doesn't give the ball to Montgomery once. It's fucking maddening...

Nagy just can't help himself. He wants to tinker with things that are working just fine, only to end up breaking shit...

BEARS

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure looks like crow eating to me

How is acknowledging a good performance eating crow? Eating crow would be acknowledging that we were wrong about him. It takes more than last night after a horrible season to prove that.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is acknowledging a good performance eating crow. Eating crow would be acknowledging that we were wrong about him. It takes more than last night after a horrible season to prove that.

If you were right about him, he wouldn't have had such a good performance, so, in fact you DID acknowledge you were wrong about him..