Trubisky Broke an NFL record tonight.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
No crow can be served until well into the 2020 season at the earliest. A couple of improved performances towards the end of a terrible year doesn't come close to warrant crow eating.

If he continues to play like a franchise QB (which he did last night for sure) the rest of the season and deep into next year, then we can talk about crow.

If he goes back to dog shit against the Packers next week, this knee jerk bloviating is going to look very silly (as it has before).

Well put. The bar is set so low for this franchise at the QB position it doesn't take much for people to jump on the bandwagon with the "i told ya so's".

Think about it. In 100 years of Bears football the 3 QB's that standout are Sid Luckman who played in the NFL when it was still the Beer League, Jim McMahon and Jay Cutler. That's a low ass bar, lol.

That said, this upcoming Packer game is huge not only for the standings but it's a revenge game for Mitch after that Packer DB started talking trash on live TV "we just wanted Mitch to play the position of QB and knew we had a chance"

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And your backpedaling is very transparent

You are the only person with logic contorted enough to think I'm back pedaling. I'm saying one good performance isn't enough to turn the ship of my opinion. It's literally the polar opposite of back pedaling.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am uncertain there is any such thing as a Mitch hater on CCS actually. Anywhere.

All critics were justified, and any disagreement with criticism was always to the degree where blame fell to QB vs. coach vs. O-line on and on.

Dicks who love it when Mitch does well because they get to try and force-feed crow where none is needed ad nauseum here though. And I mean NAUSEUM.
Yep. They care more about calling people out than Bear wins and player performances. Worst kind of fans.

I just love how they ignore months of sample size and then look at two games and say “see! You were all WRONG!”

Big credit to Mitch on his performance and the win last night. But I, like many, need to see more. What happens vs GB when they play contain and make Mitch become a passer? I can't wait to find out and i hope he shits on them.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I was at the game last night.

No joke, these are the other Bears games I have been to:

Colts in 2000: Bears were 1-7 coming into the game and the Colts were a playoff team. We upset them 27-24
Browns in 2001: The Mike Brown game.
Packers in 2004: Loss to them last game of year to go 5-11
Packers in 2010: Beat them 20-17 on MNF.
Bills in 2011: 10-3 Preseason win

So the Bears are 5-1 in games I have been to. And 3 times they have won when they were outright underdogs.

Am I good luck?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It was an awesome start, but one game does not a season make. The NFL requires a consistently good QB, not one who is great but only on occasion. I guess Eli Manning's career might be the counter to that argument though.

Let's see how Mitch and the O do in the next 3, evaluate the 4 game gauntlet as a whole.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are the only person with logic contorted enough to think I'm back pedaling. I'm saying one good performance isn't enough to turn the ship of my opinion. It's literally the polar opposite of back pedaling.
So, you're saying that Trubisky didn't play great last night?..Because if you're not saying that, you are saying you were wrong about him.

Backpedal your way out of that

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, you're saying that Trubisky didn't play great last night?..Because if you're not saying that, you are saying you were wrong about him.

I feel bad for you.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
No crow can be served until well into the 2020 season at the earliest. A couple of improved performances towards the end of a terrible year doesn't come close to warrant crow eating.

If he continues to play like a franchise QB (which he did last night for sure) the rest of the season and deep into next year, then we can talk about crow.

If he goes back to dog shit against the Packers next week, this knee jerk bloviating is going to look very silly (as it has before).
Yeah right now I'm cautiously optimistic. Over the last 2 weeks he's played much better (actually making accurate throws, running, and going through progression), but that doesn't mean he'll do it every game.

I hope he's turning a corner, but we'll see. In any case, it was nice to see the offense play so well.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This makes no sense whatsoever. Bad QBs can have occasional good games. For Trubisky to be a legit franchise QB (and prove me wrong), the improvement would need to be consistent and sustained.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This makes no sense whatsoever. Bad QBs can have occasional good games. For Trubisky to be a legit franchise QB (and prove me wrong), the improvement would need to be consistent and sustained.
Leave this poor guy alone. He's clearly an idiot.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
He already proved you wrong many times over the last 2 years

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But the reality is they weren't legit criticisms. Most dropped balls in the league. Worst TEs in football. Most penalized LT in football. Shaky O line play where they had to switch the LG and the C half way through the season. A running game that produces 76 yards per game. Guys running into each other in their routes. Bad play calling that didn't fit the skills of the QB.
But yes. After all that data was crunched in the first 10 games somehow in the 12 and 13 game the adjustments were made and the QB started to take off like a rocket ship.

This was by far not just a Mitch execution game. This was the best playcalling I have ever seen in my life on offense for the Bears. I was literally tricked by Nagys playcalling all game. He was exceptional.

Mitch is ranked 26th when the pocket is clean. Just because others sucked doesn't mean he didn't suck too. It was overall team suckage on offense outside of ARob and that included Mitch as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gotta make some shout outs real quick real talk.

@Anytime23, you've been accused of being a hater by many when Mitch was playing poorly, but you have absolutely given Mitch credit in these few BOUNCE BACK games he's had. Props to you, you give objective takes.

@bearmick I saw you in there giving Mitch credit for BOUNCING BACK. I could tell that you were excited when Mitch busted open for that TD scamper. Props to you for yet another honest assessment. You've been the #1 target for the Homers over the years here, but you never let that deter you.

@HeHateMe you were right about AntMill AND Mitch. They've BOUNCED BACK together and that's just another #calledit for you. Props to you, srs.

@remydat I know you quite literally can't stand matt Nagy, but you acknowledged that he made some proper calls 2nite. It takes a mature man to ACKNOWLEDGE that someone you don't like did something right for once. Respect.

I don't dislike Nagy. I just think he was overrated last year, hates running, makes cowardly decisions at times, put too much on Trubs, and likes gimmicks. If he stops doing those dumb things then I have no problem with him. Appreciate the shout out though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No reasonable analyst has compared Trubisky to Bortles. None.

Yes, many have, since last year. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We should all be happy about what he did last night. The call was, lets see him do it against a top 10 D. Congrats but the next game will be very telling. Not only is KC a great team, they will know the intricacies of this O. No free lunches next Sunday. Don't expect this sort of game against them regardless of where their d is ranked but if he simply plays well again, it will begin to show the sort of consistency we need at the position. At this point, he deserves no benefit of doubt but good performances should also not be dismissed.

They play the Packers next Sunday. KC is after that.