Robinson wants to be a Bear 4 Life...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Dayum! Didn't know Robinson is still only 26. Extend him. He is everything Kevin White was not

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s produced two years in a row. Except for the time he was injured last year.

His cap hit is 15m. Extend him and you can probably reduce the cap hit next year and get a 4 year contract.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He’s produced two years in a row. Except for the time he was injured last year.

His cap hit is 15m. Extend him and you can probably reduce the cap hit next year and get a 4 year contract.

58 yards a game (2018) is not producing 2 years in a row especially if people claiming he is a top 5 or top 10 talent. The top guys are really around 80 yards a game or higher.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would extend him for sure, ASAP. If he was an asshole like many superstar receivers, I would let him walk. But so far, he seems one notch below the best group, with no psychological problems.

I do wish he would learn to get his feet down in bounds more, like the best receivers do.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ok we are starting to overvalue our own players. He is not even close to a top 5 WR. He is currently 20th in yards and 25th in yards per game. All while being 9th in targets. Some of that is Trubs struggles but at the same time Trubs is pretty dependent on him.

His is a good possession WR. He lacks the big play ability and the YAC of the truly elite WRs in the NFL and in a competent offense probably doesn't get as much targets as he does in the Bears offense.
58 yards a game (2018) is not producing 2 years in a row especially if people claiming he is a top 5 or top 10 talent. The top guys are really around 80 yards a game or higher.

Please just don't enter any more Allen Robinson threads.

You've already admitted that all you care about is stats.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please just don't enter any more Allen Robinson threads.

You've already admitted that all you care about is stats.

And you have already shown you are getting emo and not addressing anything that is being said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

There is no way when you look at the names on this list that ARob is a potentially top 5 WR. I don't care if you talking stats, athleticism, or any other measure. Some of you guys are incredibly delusional.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And you have already shown you are getting emo and not addressing anything that is being said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/stat/receiving/table/receiving/sort/receivingYards/dir/desc

There is no way when you look at the names on this list that ARob is a potentially top 5 WR. I don't care if you talking stats, athleticism, or any other measure. Some of you guys are incredibly delusional.

I never said he's a top 5 WR.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stop coming into threads and ruining them with your stats bullshit. Just because he doesn't post top 10 WR stats doesn't mean someone doesn't think he has the talent to do so. Thats all that was discussed here.

I guess you can use your "stats" to judge talent too, hmm? Put Arob on the Chiefs and see what happens when he has Mahomes instead of trubisky and Bortles throwing him the ball.

We get it, ARob is mediocre, Cam Meredith would have been elite had he not gotten injured, Jordan Howard is a top tier RB in this league.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
for the love of all that is holy, calm down!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never said he's a top 5 WR.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stop coming into threads and ruining them with your stats bullshit. Just because he doesn't post top 10 WR stats doesn't mean someone doesn't think he has the talent to do so. Thats all that was discussed here.

I guess you can use your "stats" to judge talent too, hmm? Put Arob on the Chiefs and see what happens when he has Mahomes instead of trubisky and Bortles throwing him the ball.

We get it, ARob is mediocre, Cam Meredith would have been elite had he not gotten injured, Jordan Howard is a top tier RB in this league.

No but you responded to a post in which I was discussing someone's claim that he was a top 5 WR. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion including me. So when I see opinions that bear no resemblance to reality, I am free to comment like everyone else.

There is no one outside of homer Bears fans that think ARob is a top 5 talent at WR. So it is entirely fair to state someone is overvaluing ARob if they rate him as a top 5 talent. You have no actual legitimate objection to that argument so instead you are crying about me.

If you have no actual argument for why ARob is a top 5 talent then not sure why you are even responding beyond the fact you have become overly fixated on me like you were with Bearmick. Is this like your thing now?

msadows

Liked Posts:
No but you responded to a post in which I was discussing someone's claim that he was a top 5 WR. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion including me. So when I see opinions that bear no resemblance to reality, I am free to comment like everyone else.

There is no one outside of homer Bears fans that think ARob is a top 5 talent at WR. So it is entirely fair to state someone is overvaluing ARob if they rate him as a top 5 talent. You have no actual legitimate objection to that argument so instead you are crying about me.

If you have no actual argument for why ARob is a top 5 talent then not sure why you are even responding beyond the fact you have become overly fixated on me like you were with Bearmick. Is this like your thing now?

you do realize he is one of 7 active WR's with a season over 1,400 yards and 10 touchdowns?

The other guys? Larry Fitz(Done), D. Thomas(Done), AJ Green(More than likely done).

Then: DeAndre Hopkins, OBJ, Tyreek Hill

So, since you don't watch the games, chew on that stat, please.

Arob has top 10 WR talent in this league. Most definitely.

You do realize it's okay to admit you are wrong about something, right?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stat puts Arob in the same company as OBJ, Tyreek Hill, and Nuk.

Remy will say that stat doesn't matter.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you do realize he is one of 7 active WR's with a season over 1,400 yards and 10 touchdowns?

The other guys? Larry Fitz(Done), D. Thomas(Done), AJ Green(More than likely done).

Then: DeAndre Hopkins, OBJ, Tyreek Hill

So, since you don't watch the games, chew on that stat, please.

Arob has top 10 WR talent in this league. Most definitely.

You do realize it's okay to admit you are wrong about something, right?

This argument is laughably. First the discussion is top 5 not top 10. You trying to move the goalposts to make your argument appear more reasonable.

Second, it is 2019 not 2015. Touting his 1,400 yard season which thus far is his only season over 1,000 yards is laughably. Every single one of those guys you mentioned have multiple 1,000 yard seasons not just 1.

WRs with more thousand yard seasons than ARob that are still good - MThomas, Hopkins, OBJ, Hill, Julio, Cooper, Edelman, Landry, Allen,

Young Guys who have surpassed ARob this year - Godwin, Moore, Golladay, Chark, Sutton, Gallup,

Guys who missed time but considered better - Adams, Hill

Now you can quibble with some of those names but I would challenge anyone that is going to pretend that out of those 17 names, ARob somehow is in the top 5. Get real.

Stat puts Arob in the same company as OBJ, Tyreek Hill, and Nuk.

Remy will say that stat doesn't matter.

Great it is perfectly fine if you want to put him in that company. So long as you understand that stats also put him 20th in total yards and 25th in yards per game. Your problem is you want to cherry pick a stat that suits your argument. ARob is a low end No 1 WR at best. He is nowhere near the top 5.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

We disagree on his talent and what he meant to the team via production.

This isn’t a binary yes or no

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We disagree on his talent and what he meant to the team via production.

This isn’t a binary yes or no

Guess that depends on where you rate his talent. My comment was about those saying he was a top 5 or top 10 talent. He is currently the most important player on offense outside of Trubs. I simply think we are better off waiting another year before we decide what to do with him. Mainly because we have so many holes to fill on offense and not a lot of cap or draft picks to do it with. I wouldn't go making any big money deals on offense until more is known about what that offense is going to look like. To me we need to sort out the following before moving on any big deals on offense.

1. Are we still trying to compete or if Trubs bombs next year are we going to be rebuilding. Don't want to spend 17 million a year on a WR if we going to going to be rebuilding.

2. Is Miller going to build off of this year and if he blows up, can we afford both ARob and Miller.

3. How are we going to address TE? If we going after a top FA, are we better off spending a combined 17 million on a top TE and Miller or spending it just on ARob?

4. This years draft class is rumored to be deep at WR. Alabama alone may have 3 first round talents at WR. So should we really go OL early in the draft or go where the talent is if WRs end up dropping to the 2nd round? If the latter then we may end up having to address OL in FA making signing ARob less likely IMO.

In short, I think it is a mistake to just extend him because he is good without figuring out the long term vision on how we are going to rebuild this offense. Need to figure out what we have in Trubs, Miller and what is available in the draft and FA before we think about extending ARob.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
New Money: 4 years 72 million/50 guaranteed

Total: 5 years 87 million/50 guaranteed

Lets get this thing signed.

He is the perfect WR for what we do well on offense and what Mitch does well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I believe you can free up some cap space by extending him this offseason.

That would allow you to spend more money on other areas of need.

Robinson is young and in the prime of his career and a top ten receiver in Receptions and TDs.

I don’t see a reason not to unless he gets injured in the last 3 games

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Burton can’t play you don’t need to spend significant money on the TE position.

Burton was 10th in receiving yards and 4th in TDs last year.

Injuries suck

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless Burton can’t play you don’t need to spend significant money on the TE position.

Burton was 10th in receiving yards and 4th in TDs last year.

Injuries suck

I am not sure the Bears can put themselves in a position to rely on him heading into the offseason.

I think they have to add a 2nd starting calibre TE.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sure the Bears can put themselves in a position to rely on him heading into the offseason.

I think they have to add a 2nd starting calibre TE.

I don’t see them having the money. I completely agree they need another TE; just not sure it will be consistent starting caliber player.

Honestly I’d like to see the rest of this year and what the backups can do.

I think they are really high on Horsted.