Giants Waive Janoris Jenkins

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Had that tweet controversy this week. 31 years old, but still playing at a pretty high level, 4 picks this year I think.

He’d be a slight upgrade over Prince, but Pace and Co. probably wouldn’t make a move.

If the price is right, would you want to bring him in as a stop gap next season if it’s cheaper than Prince’s contract?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just another reason why athletes shouldn't have social media accounts.

Anyway, he's a talented corner. Extremely expensive for the remainder of this season and next year, but still talented. In terms of cost he's almost as expensive as Fuller, but had more guaranteed cash.

I think he's been playing half assed because the Giants have been terrible.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Lol...i just read the story. Maybe his play wasn't great either, but is using the word "Special person" in a tweet really that bad?

I guess I'm outta touch. Some media reports didn't say the word in question. I figured he dropped the n-bomb. One report called it the "r-word"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol...i just read the story. Maybe his play wasn't great either, but is using the word "Special person" in a tweet really that bad?

I guess I'm outta touch. Some media reports didn't say the word in question. I figured he dropped the n-bomb. One report called it the "r-word"

Not gonna lie, had to look up the r-word.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Seems like the interview after the tweet might have been what did him in lol. A case of When keeping it real goes wrong.
giphy.gif

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I've recently become aware that apparently that's a major slur in 2019. Which is kinda bad considering I have been dropping "that's Special person", "don't be a Special person", etc for years. Consciously trying to stop now. I wonder if this is how my grandma felt when someone told her she shouldn't say "coloreds" anymore.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Seems like the interview after the tweet might have been what did him in lol. A case of When keeping it real goes wrong.
Jenkins response - “I said it was slang that I use back at home.”

My thoughts: That's slang for 'dumb' on earth. He's clearly from earth.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its on a list of demeaning terms that insult a segment of people that were born with a condition or something they can't control.

Despite the fact that it is part of someone's culture they can mentally make the choice not to use that term.

I grew up with my step family throwing around the N word. I made the mental choice not to use it despite the fact I was raised by a bunch of assholes for part of my life.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Jenkins response - “I said it was slang that I use back at home.”

My thoughts: That's slang for 'dumb' on earth. He's clearly from earth.

I remember an interview I saw with him addressing trade rumors and he had to basically reiterate to reporters multiple times that he really didn't give a fuck if he got traded at all. It was pretty good.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with Jackrabbit coming to the bears, though he isn't an upgrade for any of our corners.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
P
I have no problem with Jackrabbit coming to the bears, though he isn't an upgrade for any of our corners.

I think he’s an upgrade over Prince. Who knows what we have in Tolliver?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I've recently become aware that apparently that's a major slur in 2019. Which is kinda bad considering I have been dropping "that's Special person", "don't be a Special person", etc for years. Consciously trying to stop now. I wonder if this is how my grandma felt when someone told her she shouldn't say "coloreds" anymore.
"Special person" is fine. "Special person" is pejorative. That's the way I've always thought of it.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nerfed up world we live in.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Since he was waived, doesn't he have to re-negotiate his next contract? IE could potentially be had for cheap next season?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think they just wanted to get rid of his contract. Don’t believe for a second they really care about he tweet.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they just wanted to get rid of his contract. Don’t believe for a second they really care about he tweet.

They didn't need a tweet to cut him.

Chubs 4 Trubs

Liked Posts:
State I work in still uses Special person as the official vocab for the state in regards to retards. Front office gets mad when I run around calling everyone Special person but I politely refer them to the official policy handbook.