Charles Leno

mecha

Liked Posts:
Leno was on his back like a turtle the entire game. how did this guy make the Pro Bowl?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Except Whitehair and Daniels are his only 2 OL draft picks.

And they weren't late rounders, both 2nd rounders. If Helfrich was removed from the coaching staff, I have a feeling that the line would be better. Whitehair has been fine but Daniels is one of the bigger disappointments this season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why ask loaded questions?

Do we really gotta go thru which TACKLES were often boasted as "Pace finding value" with late round picks?
No tackles on the rosters were drafted by Pace.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Leno is an adequate starting LT.

He is not good enough if you want to have Mitch as your QB.

The OL is mediocre. Which doesn’t work with an inconsistent QB.

Define adequate.....

What category is Leno even top 20 in aside from being top 5 in penalties taken and drives killed?

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Leno is an adequate starting LT.

He is not good enough if you want to have Mitch as your QB.

The OL is mediocre. Which doesn’t work with an inconsistent QB.

Not sure if SRS??? Leno has been beaten like a drum all year, and if he isn't flailing around on his back, he's getting penalized. He has regressed ENORMOUSLY this year. Complete liability on each and every play. Every one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Define adequate.....

What category is Leno even top 20 in aside from being top 5 in penalties taken and drives killed?

He is a top 20 pass protector.
Bad run blocker
This season a penalty machine.

Leno over the course of his career has been a slightly above replacement level LT.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Charles Leno is a talented player but his lack of effort is appalling.

He needs to be better, make more of an effort, but the fact that he (and others) aren’t held accountable is a failing on this coaching staff.

‘Be You’

“...well, I’m a fat, lazy POS who got paid.”

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He is a top 20 pass protector.
Bad run blocker
This season a penalty machine.

Leno over the course of his career has been a slightly above replacement level LT.

Over his career yes. This year... he’s one of the absolute worst LT’s in the league.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
James Daniels has been our best oline, a close 2nd of whitehair if you fix the mess around them you don't need to replace the whole line... I still think Daniels is a center.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
James Daniels has been our best oline, a close 2nd of whitehair if you fix the mess around them you don't need to replace the whole line... I still think Daniels is a center.

I do, too. He played C for most of his years at Iowa, and earned plenty of praise and honors, including all-american, no? Can't suddenly have become bad. I think it's Harry "Heist"stand who is the problem. He wasn't any good last time he was with the Bears, and was fired for it. Funny how a bad pro coach goes and has success with a talent-rich college and suddenly he's a great OL coach... laughable.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

He gets called out on every "draft doctor phil" video for missing assignments, and not knowing who to block, and calling the wrong scheme at the line of scrimmage as a center.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does not deserve to be on an NFL roster. He can't block and he gets crucial penalties...he's the epitome of a liability. I'm starting to think he's Special person, he's not getting any better.

He needs to go be roommates with Stinky Shaheen and Tremblin Trey. Get them the hell off my team.
8 years ago.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is it the Oline or the Oline coach? all I know is that ever since Heistand was hired, the oline has been suspect.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft Trey Smith please

discplayer

Liked Posts:
He gets called out on every "draft doctor phil" video for missing assignments, and not knowing who to block, and calling the wrong scheme at the line of scrimmage as a center.

But don't you find it curious that didn't happen at Iowa? He was a C for a pro-style offense, and yes, not exactly the most creative offense in college, but still should have been able to make the jump to do it at this level (certainly by year 2). I can't help but wonder if the cause for struggles is not all Daniels'.