Bears need a #2 WR

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky will not be a top 5 QB and the bears will be lucky to see him be top 10. Why not surround him with talent???

Mediocre weapons are not going to get it done. Look around the league at successful offenses and it is t ever just 1 player.

Look at mahomes. Not only is he a better QB than trubisky but that offense is loaded at the o line and across the board with weapons. Kelce, Tyreek hill, Sammy Watkins .... and yet they still drafted mecole hardman and he sees play time.

We know trubisky is not a top half QB. How is the offense supposed to thrive with mediocre weapons? Allen robinson, Anthony Miller, and Trey Burton.... it’s not enough. The bears have 2 2nd round picks and this years WR class is deep. Multiple WR’s will fall and the bears should absolutely leap at the chance to grab one.

The big offensive weapon will come via free agency in the form of Austin Hooper or Hunter Henry.

Nagy is obsessed with finding a tight end for his scheme.

Anthony Miller is ? your #2 WR and he’s earned that right.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Idc what they do but this OL needs to be a lot fucking better. A lot. Idgaf if you blame Mitch, Nagy, or Monty. The OL is trash. Fix that shit first. Draft it, Free agent it, Coach it up properly, hell rub a goddamn lamp but it needs more than marginal improvement.

Sure you can win with it. You can win with a slightly better OL. But stop settling for trash.
And even if Mitch were lighting it up I'd still want a back up that pushes him and one day starts.
Never settle for what you have. Always push it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not my first choice but it is a need. If Devonta Smith declares and is there, you have to take him

I don’t there is any chance the Bear go WR in the 2nd round with Miller emerging. But I’m with you on Devonta Smith. Love him. His long speed is sneaky good.

Gun to your head, what is your over/under on what overall pick Tua goes.

I am low key praying he falls to a spot the Bears have a chance to take him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The big offensive weapon will come via free agency in the form of Austin Hooper or Hunter Henry.

disagree but that’s fine. And even if you want to toss out Anthony Miller as WR 2 I’m unimpressed with wims and Ridley. Bears are gonna pass on the next juju smith schuster and draft a back up tackle to one day replace Leno ?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
disagree but that’s fine. And even if you want to toss out Anthony Miller as WR 2 I’m unimpressed with wims and Ridley. Bears are gonna pass on the next juju smith schuster and draft a back up tackle to one day replace Leno ?

Which part do you disagree with exactly?

Nagy wants his Kelce. And there happens to be 2 studs available in free agency.

The bears paid arob and will need to pay him again. They already traded up in the 2nd for ant miller who is playing well. The Bears drafted Riley Ridley with their 2nd pick last draft. I’m not surprised you aren’t impressed since he has had limited playing time and targets. He needs opportunities to evaluate him.

They’ve made significant investments in WR.

The line is abysmal, it needs to be addressed early and often.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the OP.

I mean, is he thinking that the Bears dont keep Allen Robinson, moving Miller up to #1 WR?

I really think Robinson is too good to let go personally, and Miller is probably another season off from being a #1 guy.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yes but again as stated the draft poses problems, especially at TE. The bears cannot afford 3 years to develop a TE. They absolutely need to grab one in FA or simply pray that burton can find a way to be somewhat useful again.

grab a guard in FA.

does it really make sense to take 2 players in round 2 and neither of them be day 1 starters???? Sure, grab a tackle to develop and replace massie or Leno in round 2. The other player needs to be an impact player.

A WR at top of round 2 will come in and start day 1.
I get what you are laying out about we can get a top WR or a bottom position player in round 2. But no wr is gonna start over the guys here and unless we fix the Oline it would not matter who is at WR. What good is having a WR when the QB does not have time to set his feet and read the field. Hell I would rather we trade that 2 pick for vet help on the Oline.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Trubisky will not be a top 5 QB and the bears will be lucky to see him be top 10. Why not surround him with talent???

Mediocre weapons are not going to get it done. Look around the league at successful offenses and it is t ever just 1 player.

Look at mahomes. Not only is he a better QB than trubisky but that offense is loaded at the o line and across the board with weapons. Kelce, Tyreek hill, Sammy Watkins .... and yet they still drafted mecole hardman and he sees play time.

We know trubisky is not a top half QB. How is the offense supposed to thrive with mediocre weapons? Allen robinson, Anthony Miller, and Trey Burton.... it’s not enough. The bears have 2 2nd round picks and this years WR class is deep. Multiple WR’s will fall and the bears should absolutely leap at the chance to grab one.
I think if he continues to play like he did the past 4 games he will be. Something has changed and until he shows otherwise I think he is a top 10 QB in this league with the right pieces.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Anthpny Miller is 100% a slot reciever and a great 2nd option. He is not built for the Y position.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If tee Higgins is there and he runs in the 4.4 you draft him you draft him 10/10

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I get what you are laying out about we can get a top WR or a bottom position player in round 2. But no wr is gonna start over the guys here and unless we fix the Oline it would not matter who is at WR. What good is having a WR when the QB does not have time to set his feet and read the field. Hell I would rather we trade that 2 pick for vet help on the Oline.

Im suggesting that they sign an OG or draft an OG with the 2nd 2nd round pick. Whitehair is going nowhere and no way do they give up on James Daniels even though he’s looked like trash.

I see people suggesting we draft a tackle but Leno is signed for a few years and really outside of this year he has played alright. I think coaching is a major issue outside of coward being a back up.

sure you can draft a OT in round 2 but he sure as shit ain’t starting. Maybe he takes over for Leno or massie? Maybe.

The bears could potentially draft a star WR in round 2 in this draft. Why pass on that (assuming one is there) for a backup OT that you hope can one day start??

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Wims and Ridley deserve a chance to step into the 3/4 roles. Improve OL and most of the issues will take care of themselves even with average WR talent. Being able to run the ball will also make it easier to keep opposing defenses off balance. I’m taking OL with my two first picks. Not sure what the center prospects look like, but that might be the best way to improve the interior by moving Whitehair to RG.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you watch the games and actually look at the stats, Mitchell's time to throw has actually been above average. The throws have too for the most part. The OL problems are with run blocking. I know you have a need to prop mitch up with 90% of your posts but his issue passing is not due to the OL.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have to say, I was completely off the Anthony Miller train. I don't know what happened, but something clicked and he turned it on. I think I've already apologized to @HeHateMe. I'm excited again about him and think him and Robinson will be a hell of a tandem.

In terms of this draft, there is shit talent at TE. I think we can throw that option out the window. It is heavy on OT and WR talent. I would expect Pace to attack the TE and G position in FA and then draft an OT in round 2, then BPA. If it's a WR, it's a WR.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to say, I was completely off the Anthony Miller train. I don't know what happened, but something clicked and he turned it on. I think I've already apologized to @HeHateMe. I'm excited again about him and think him and Robinson will be a hell of a tandem.

In terms of this draft, there is shit talent at TE. I think we can throw that option out the window. It is heavy on OT and WR talent. I would expect Pace to attack the TE and G position in FA and then draft an OT in round 2, then BPA. If it's a WR, it's a WR.
You're welcome. I don't really get into being smug about being right like almost all the time, but on the flipside I do feel sorry for the people out there that never listen to me and perpetually are wrong as a result, and unapologetic about it to boot smh.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I'm spending at least one of the 2's on Oline and trying to make a splash in free agency at LT. WR is not high on the list of priorities imo. ARob and Miller are good, Cohen is serviceable out of the slot and I like Wims as a big body posession receiver. Let him develop.