Is it now likely that Kwiatkoski will get the contract and Trevathan gets let go?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Depends on what the market would be for these two guys, but considering Trevathan might command the heavier contract (and is older) and Kwiatkoski has played really really well, does Kwiatkoski’s performance today cement him as the ILB heir apparent to start next season and beyond?

He’s played himself into a nice little contract and a starting job, I think.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Depends on what the market would be for these two guys, but considering Trevathan might command the heavier contract (and is older) and Kwiatkoski has played really really well, does Kwiatkoski’s performance today cement him as the ILB heir apparent to start next season and beyond?

He’s played himself into a nice little contract and a starting job, I think.

I think you hand him a 6 year team friendly contract.

The guy has upside. And playing behind Hicks and next to Smith he will look even better.

Long term deal

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, he really has shown to be a fine player, and isn't a weak link on the defense. He elevated his play this year and it makes trevathan expendable

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe Danny T gets a decent contract somewhere else and helps get another comp pick for Pace to blow

bufordht

Liked Posts:
I'm not convinced Trevathan gets more money. Older, injury prone. Kwit has really shown a lot. I'm sure plenty of teams have noticed.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Six year contract for a career back up. Is this the NHL?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Ha 6 year. No one should take your thoughts seriously.

Have you watched him play.

You can guarantee some. Spread the rest out. And cap cut him if he doesnt live up to his contract.

You might eat shit if he plays like this for 2 years. You coukd end up losing a key player and future NFL star.

Hes playing pro bowl level ball right now.

Numbers don't lie

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that Kwiatkoski gets a bigger deal than Trevathan. Trevathan is 3 years older and coming off an injury.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Nick should be offered a solid 3-4 year deal at about $4mil per year. Still a good chance that he's often going to be a liability in coverage against lots of teams. If someone offers him more $, KPL has looked very good in his opportunities so far.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

You can guarantee some. Spread the rest out. And cap cut him if he doesnt live up to his contract.

You might eat shit if he plays like this for 2 years. You coukd end up losing a key player and future NFL star.

Numbers don't lie

Name one NFL player who isn't a total superstar who has ever received a 6 year contract.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Numbers don't lie

6 years...... like he’s a franchise player.

How many players in the NFL do you think has a 6 year contract. Silly idea.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Try to keep both if that is possible. DT knows how old he is and could get another, likely final, contract. If he likes Chicago and the team, he may be willing to deal. Kwit has proven himself and if DT leaves, no reason to panic.

to the OP, probably likely.....

Last edited:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Name one NFL player who isn't a total superstar who has ever received a 6 year contract.

He's playing at an probowl level and you can lock him up cheap. Hes also a home grown talent.

So you gamble on giving him 12m a year for 3 years in 2 years instead of 35 over 6?

Hes seen the field sparringly and been a boost to the defense all year. A strength of our defense.

What else do you want to see from the guy? Hes dominating.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's playing at an probowl level and you can lock him up cheap. Hes also a home grown talent.

So you gamble on giving him 12m a year for 3 years in 2 years instead of 35 over 6?

Hes seen the field sparringly and been a boost to the defense all year. A strength of our defense.

Yes, of course I give him a short contract and not a long one. So does every GM in the league. You are just making things up that don't happen. Also he's not really playing at a pro bowl level. And $6mil a year is not cheap for a 3-4 ILB. In fact nothing you write is accurate nor realistic.

$12mil per year? Where do you get that from?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Just admit you got a little overzealous after the tackle for a safety. It was a dumb idea. Stop digging. Boone is shredding us lol.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely want Kwiatkowski resigned, but I think KPL’s play and the fact that he is the same size and speed as Roquan is the reason they can let Danny go. KPL has been a nice surprise.

I would be happy if Danny resigned too. For a friendly deal.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
6 year deal. Lol. The longest we'd offer him is 4 years imo.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Just admit you got a little overzealous after the tackle for a safety. It was a dumb idea. Stop digging. Boone is shredding us lol.

I mezn the safties and corners are making business decisions bud. Mack and Floyd are too.

He proves it every week man

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
6 year deal. Lol. The longest we'd offer him is 4 years imo.

He's 26, you can spread the deal out better over more years. Am i wrong? Can you no longer do that?

Whays the harm in paying a guy that proved he belongs here a conract that helps him finish his career here.