What are realistic scenarios bears trade up for a QB

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are not in position to get a realistic starting QB in the draft this year.....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not impossible but not at all likely with a mental midget like Pace. Chances of striking Russell Wilson type gold in the 2nd very unlikely. Could probably trade up to top 10 with your 2 2nds and '21 1st but that would leave you with pretty much nothing but free agency to fill all other needs. The 2 2nds could also get you into the tail end of the 1st if a good QB fell.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Why trade for anything except offensive linemen?
That’s actually interesting say a good LT is still available at pick 20 or a little later. Do you trade the two 2nd’s to go up and get him?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Even if a QB fell it makes little sense.

Bears are in win-now mode and a rookie QB isn't likely to help immediately. Secondly, i don't think they will invest in a QB in Nagy's prove-it year.

Free agency would be the most likely option but I still think they will strengthen the team around Trubs and try to make playoffs next year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only QBs we are going to seriously look at will be on day 3 of the draft. Someone they can develop, but that can be stashed on the PS unless they REALLY impress to deserve a 3rd QB roster spot...

well if you say so...

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O line or bust.

I cant believe how bad Leno and Massie were when they were both out there.

The right side is a complete mess.

It has to be O line or it's malpractice.

Makes 0 sense for them to commit to Mitch and not protect him.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Assuming they get a 6th from Philly and s 4th comp pick, they could trade their entire draft, 2021 first, and 2022 first to move up to about 5th overall. So if Burrows drops...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a lot of the college gameday “experts” think that Tua is going back to Alabama next season.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are there any? What would it take to trade up for one of the top qbs this year?
zero!!!!!!! Not sure why anyone would think this would be an option

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh and maybe we start taking players in the early rounds that were good against good competitors. Leave the late rounds for the players from small schools that played well against lesser competitors

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a lot of the college gameday “experts” think that Tua is going back to Alabama next season.

he stock is down a bit obviously after the injury

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
zero!!!!!!! Not sure why anyone would think this would be an option
Its mind bottling. Everyone should have known Pace, Nagy and Mitch would be back next season.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he stock is down a bit obviously after the injury
Yeah I think he was a top 3 pick before the injury. If he cannot work out and prove his health before the draft I would go back to Alabama.

mbison

Liked Posts:
But can they really get a 3rd for MT?

Why not? Arizona got a 2nd for Josh Rosen and I can argue that Mitch has more upside than Rosen. I’m pretty sure that in the right hands and a lot of tutoring Mitch could be a good QB. He just needs more time and a good system to develop him.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Realistically, I'm told you can pick up a Tom Brady in the 6th round. What? It has happened.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Not impossible but not at all likely with a mental midget like Pace. Chances of striking Russell Wilson type gold in the 2nd very unlikely. Could probably trade up to top 10 with your 2 2nds and '21 1st but that would leave you with pretty much nothing but free agency to fill all other needs. The 2 2nds could also get you into the tail end of the 1st if a good QB fell.

QBs in general are really a crap shoot. Nobody really knows how good someone will be until the get in the NFL. The Bears could get a starting caliber QBs in the 2nd IF they do their job right. There have been a lot of late round QBs that turn out to be successful. I just hope the Bears keep taking chances until the get it right. They need to use their 2nd on the best prospect available and if they will this year do it again next year.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace is here in 2021 if we miss the playoffs. So he won't get to pick again.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Pace is here in 2021 if we miss the playoffs. So he won't get to pick again.
Yeah if next season sucks I expect Pace, Nagy, and Trubs to be gone.