Bears2014

Liked Posts:
he was a really good player whose body just couldn’t hold up. Unfortunate
That some bears fans would celebrate this news

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not angry at Kyle nor am I hating on him. He played a brutal position and fought his ass off to the best of his ability, trying to play through injuries. I wish him the best in whatever life chooses next.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
how does this affect the salary cap ...a retirement vs. being cut?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
how does this affect the salary cap ...a retirement vs. being cut?

look up the Calvin Johnson situation. Pretty much if the team wants to sue for signing bonus back you gain that cap space. But only classless orgs do that like lions did with Calvin Johnson. When tait decided to retire we didn’t sue him for anything I think they will treat it like that.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of all the people that tub of CHIT thanks he picks Phil Emery and Marc Trestman. Good riddance!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reports are Long wrote this message 2 years ago but forgot to hit send so it remained in draft. Realized his era this past Friday and corrected it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Of all the people that tub of CHIT thanks he picks Phil Emery and Marc Trestman. Good riddance!

Yes, lets not thank the guy who drafted him and the coach he grew under.

WTF?

Grow the fuck up. This was a chicago bear through and through. He DEFINED chicago bear, he was a hard ass, balls to the wall, grinder. And most of all, that guy loved his team and the organization he played for.

I do not blame a player for having injury concerns. Never will. Those are usually out of control.

I wonder if you treat mike brown the same way?

You're pathetic. Go jerk off to some more mahomes highlights.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, lets not thank the guy who drafted him and the coach he grew under.

WTF?

Grow the fuck up. This was a chicago bear through and through. He DEFINED chicago bear, he was a hard ass, balls to the wall, grinder. And most of all, that guy loved his team and the organization he played for.

I do not blame a player for having injury concerns. Never will. Those are usually out of control.

I wonder if you treat mike brown the same way?

You're pathetic. Go jerk off to some more mahomes highlights.
Didnt you just make a thread about being calm?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Good for Kyle.

I feel bad for him, tbh. He was a great player. I'm sure he's also aware his body is not the same as before.

The guy was an exceptional athlete at his position. Jordan Howard owes Kyle Long a few beers for helping him out on whatever contract he gets next year.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel bad for him, tbh. He was a great player. I'm sure he's also aware his body is not the same as before.

The guy was an exceptional athlete at his position. Jordan Howard owes Kyle Long a few beers for helping him out on whatever contract he gets next year.
You feel bad for a guy who got to play football professionally and netted $40M? Sucks he never got to play in a SB, but not many people do.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You feel bad for a guy who got to play football professionally and netted $40M? Sucks he never got to play in a SB, but not many people do.

Yes, because his career was on pace for a HoF one until his body shit out on him.

Kyle his first few years was one of the best at his position. The combo of his strength and speed was rare. He dominated in the run game.

We should have seen a career that blossomed into much more than what he got. Same situation with plenty of bears in years past.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
only reason Bernstein likes Long (or the Bears) is because of the baseball connection

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Do the Bears even need to cut him now? His dead cap was only 1 million or so but every bit helps.