WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
bghmp0ox1v0kockkcqjw.jpg

Beardown11

Liked Posts:
Yes, 100% agree. He had a bad situation when he took it over, but if he only gets to one playoff game in let's say the winnable years (last 3 years) then he should be shown the door. Also, he was always going to be tied to Trubs, so if he is an absolute bust that is grounds alone to be fired.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When a gm is fired the new gm is coming into a bad situation or the gm would never been fired in the first place...... 6 year rebuild rejoiced by the lovable loser faction of the fan base

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It depends on the situation. You can't just say, "you're out if you miss the playoffs". What if they go 10-6 and find a long-term QB (either Mitch or whoever they sign) but Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks go on IR in September? They could win the division again, make the playoffs, and then get blown out in the playoffs and everyone's fired. If the season is a disaster and they end up 6-10, no QB steps up and the lockerroom is a mess, then sure.

But I honestly think that ownership is all in on Pace/Nagy. I don't think Pace will get another HC hire, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they got another chance to pick a QB in 2021. Plus drafting a QB in the mid-rounds this year that shows promise could buy them time. There's way to many factors than just making the playoffs or bust.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yeah, if 2020 Bears don't make the PO it's time to move on from Pace. It's probably time now, but will definitely be time after a failed 2020 campaign.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Another year like this one or worse and Pace is gone. Additionally, if they some how catch lightning in a bottle and get into the playoffs inspite of Mitch playing poorly and Pace continuing to miss on offensive talent in FA and the draft, I think he is gone as well. Pace has to show positive movement towards talent evaluation and being able to bring in players to move the team in the right direction. His previous successes on value in late rounds are wearing thin and overshadowed by early round misses and his Free Agency successes are balancing out to less than 50/50 on hits versus misses. He has to show that he can win more of these if he wants to stick around.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
George is not firing him unless it gets embarrassing on or off the field.

That is not happening.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Pace/Nagy will need to be fired together if it goes down that way. That way the GM can hand pick his HC and hopefully Bears ownership doesn't force the GM's hand.

- New GM
-New HC
-New QB

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
No I think that pace has done his job for the most part. After lovie this organization was a mess Emery put this team at least three years in the hole. Culture is hard to change when loosing is normal and I do believe that he has accomplished that however evaluating talent he does need help but management he has done well

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it depends on how bad the Bears look next year. If there are legit issues (i.e. a bunch of injuries) the McCaskeys may use that as an excuse to keep him. If the offense is as bad as it was this year and they don't make the playoffs then he should be, and probably will be, gone. If they ride MT for another year and he shits the bed again then they all should be gone. The offense is horrible and needs help at WR, TE, OL. And if they don't do that right then the QB will look like shit, again, and the wheels will fall off early.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
For me, it’s about finding a QB now. That’s what his job should hinge on IMO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For me, it’s about finding a QB now. That’s what his job should hinge on IMO.
Unfortunately we’re in QB hell now. No first round pick and probably good enough to not have a top 10 pick next year. Mitch is gonna have to surprise the world or Pace needs to get damn lucky.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It depends on the situation. You can't just say, "you're out if you miss the playoffs". What if they go 10-6 and find a long-term QB (either Mitch or whoever they sign) but Khalil Mack and Akiem Hicks go on IR in September? They could win the division again, make the playoffs, and then get blown out in the playoffs and everyone's fired. If the season is a disaster and they end up 6-10, no QB steps up and the lockerroom is a mess, then sure.

But I honestly think that ownership is all in on Pace/Nagy. I don't think Pace will get another HC hire, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they got another chance to pick a QB in 2021. Plus drafting a QB in the mid-rounds this year that shows promise could buy them time. There's way to many factors than just making the playoffs or bust.

Well sure.... I’m not a total idiot. If the Bears go 10-6 and find their next QB then yeah I’d probably keep Pace. Another 8-8 and see ya though.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

well your scenario of going 10-6 and wining the division means that he... Made the playoffs, so the "you're out if you miss the playoffs" wouldn't apply

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Well sure.... I’m not a total idiot. If the Bears go 10-6 and find their next QB then yeah I’d probably keep Pace. Another 8-8 and see ya though.

You didn't say 10-6, you said playoffs or gone. They could go 10-6 and not make it in. They could go 8-8 and win the division. Too many factors to say playoffs or not, is my point.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
well your scenario of going 10-6 and wining the division means that he... Made the playoffs, so the "you're out if you miss the playoffs" wouldn't apply

Yeah, that was 2 different scenarios. As shown by them being 2 different statements/questions.