Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here's what Pat Shurmur has done most recently....

PHI 2013 - 4th in scoring. Foles 27 TDs, 2 Ints in 10 games. Resurgence of Vick in others. McCoy over 2000 total yards.
PHI 2014 - 3rd in scoring with Foles and Sanchez. Shady over 1450 total yards.
PHI 2015 - Revived Sam Bradford, and got over 1500 yards rushing with a hodgepodge of Murray, Matthews, and Sproles.
MIN 2017 - 10th in scoring. Got over 3500 yards, 22 TDs vs 7 Ints with Case Keenum. Almost rushed for 2K with Murray, McKinnon, and Cook.
NYG 2018 - Manning over 4200 yards and 92 passer rating. Barkley over 2000 total yards.
NYG 2019 - Widely panned Jones had decent rookie year with over 3K yards, 24 TDs, and 12 Ints in 12 starts.

If Shurmur could do with Mitch what he has done with Foles, Bradford, Sanchez, or Keenum, we're in the playoffs. Daniel Jones, a rookie from Duke, had 7 more TDs than Trubisky with an O-line worse than ours. Depending on when those TDs came, we'd be 13-3 or 14-2 and having a bye week for the playoffs.

If he could do for this offense and the running game what he had done for previous teams, we're in the Superbowl. 3rd or 4th in scoring, and a top 5 or top 10 D? Forget about it.
giphy.gif

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears making Shurmur wait until they talk next week with Kafka? I hope not. Strike while you can.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hard to argue with Shurmur's track record of making very average QB's perform well.

Trubisky does not need a complicated scheme, he needs a one or two read offense that is capable of running the ball. That is right up Shurmur's wheel house.

I think Nagy needs to be a head coach that does not call the plays.....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
looks like the Chiefs' OC won't get a job....meaning Kafka is still available for OC if Shurmur goes to the Redskins.

Didn't the Redskins just hire someone from Carolina to be their OC?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Are the Bears making Shurmur wait until they talk next week with Kafka? I hope not. Strike while you can.

I would guess it's more Shurmur making the Bears wait until he finds out all of his options.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Bears are going to fuck this up the same way they fucked up with Arians. This franchise is so fucking stupid and they never learn. Starts with the dumbfucks who own this abortion of a franchise.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Hard to argue with Shurmur's track record of making very average QB's perform well.

Trubisky does not need a complicated scheme, he needs a one or two read offense that is capable of running the ball. That is right up Shurmur's wheel house.

I think Nagy needs to be a head coach that does not call the plays.....

Look at play callers like Reid, Payton, Peterson, McDaniels on the side line. Stone cold and cerebral. Confident. Nagy looks like a spaz and his play calling reflects that. Looks panicked and worried calling plays. Get someone with a proven track record and let Nagy be the bro-bro captain of the ship that draws up unique play designs...just don’t let him call them. He can’t string together a cohesive game plan.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Look at play callers like Reid, Payton, Peterson, McDaniels on the side line. Stone cold and cerebral. Confident. Nagy looks like a spaz and his play calling reflects that. Looks panicked and worried calling plays. Get someone with a proven track record and let Nagy be the bro-bro captain of the ship that draws up unique play designs...just don’t let him call them. He can’t string together a cohesive game plan.
I think Nagy is a little better than that,but he does have an issue with being cute sometimes. 3rd and 1 and instead of lining up and getting the damn first down running the ball or getting close enough to go for it on 4th down, he will call a deep pass trying to catch the other team off guard. If Trubs could throw more than 10 yards with decent accuracy that might be called "aggressive", but when you QB has struggled all year connecting on the deep pass, it is called Stupid.....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets go get both Shurmur and Wade Phillips.

Nagy can't do better than that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is a little better than that,but he does have an issue with being cute sometimes. 3rd and 1 and instead of lining up and getting the damn first down running the ball or getting close enough to go for it on 4th down, he will call a deep pass trying to catch the other team off guard. If Trubs could throw more than 10 yards with decent accuracy that might be called "aggressive", but when you QB has struggled all year connecting on the deep pass, it is called Stupid.....

the deep ball on 4th down I could live with. At least it’s an aggressive play. The option play to the boundary are the plays that make Nagy look like a moron. He’s good at individual play designs. Stringing them together and game flow? Terrible.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Has there been any rumors about Pagano?

The Defense was 13th in points per game (most important stat ever :)

So while they took a step back it was just outside of the top ten.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has there been any rumors about Pagano?

The Defense was 13th in points per game (most important stat ever :)

So while they took a step back it was just outside of the top ten.
this was not built to be a middle of the road defense, and its hard to say how far they fell when they were the unquestioned outlier #1...so they went from above the pack to the middle. Part of that was for sure on Nagy, and difference in injuries throughout both seasons, but Pagano didn't show me he was dangerous.

Wade Phillips has a proven track record that tells me he knows how to use Mack...and getting Mack back on track is the most important factor to the rest of defense.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I thought the defense was #1 in points? They definitely weren’t 13th were they?

danchi23

Liked Posts:
We need Pagano to step it up and be more creative for the defense, i get the offense is off the field right away but you need to be aggressive and let the other team struggle to pick their poison. That way Mack sees less and less double and triple teams.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bears defense was 4th in the league in points given up for 2019. 18.6/game

yeah, that’s more like it. Given the complete ineptitude on offense, it’s no wonder the defense wasn’t as good. Not to mention the hicks injury. The bears had zero run game and zero pass game lol....no defense is leading the league with those variables.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So what are Pat Shurmur's options?:

He's not going to come back to the Giants in a diminished capacity.
He's not going to get the Cowboys OC job---sounds like Kellen Moore is a shoo-in to stay. (McCarthy likes him. Jerry Jones likes him. And he likes being there.)
Redskins already hired Scott Turner as their OC.
Surely he wouldn't go back to the Browns just a handful of years after getting fired there.

So that leaves OC for either the Bears or Panthers.

Matt Rhule's 7-year deal does give probably a lot more stability to the Panthers job than the Bears job. (Any OC coming here has to know that if there's not a quick turnaround, they're probably fired within a year, two max).

That said, reports say Matt Rhule really wants Sean Ryan (Lions QB coach) as his OC. If that happens, the Bears OC spot is really the only position open to Pat Shurmur if he wants to coach this year, unless he'd be open to an offensive consultant gig or something.