2nd Round QB pick

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Apparently you missed last weeks thread on this fellow?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He’s a statue with a noodle arm that isn’t very accurate.

His ceiling is NFL backup.

coolio

Liked Posts:
I would prefer Jacob Eason but he has to sit for a year or two cause he's not good at reading the d. he had a whole offseason at washington and didn't master the playbook.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Good athletic tools and can't read defenses.

Why do we want to re-live this.
That's what they said about Mahomes.

They were wrong.

That's like saying don't draft a guy because he comes from a school that puts out bad players at his position. People are individuals and judging their potential by what you perceive as similarly skilled players is foolish at best.

coolio

Liked Posts:

He was the starter in Georgia and played well before he got hurt. He was like the top QB in his class going into college. I'm not saying I want him or would pick him but if I had to choose between the two I would pick Eason. Ceiling is just higher than Fromms who I think will be Kirk Cousins like at best.

Mitch also doesn't have any elite tools. Eason has an elite arm atleast.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Jake Fromm Bears should select with their 1st Second Round pick

I like everything about this kid. DO IT PACE!!!
i think he'll be gone by the time the Bears pick, but if he's on the board he's already better than Tribusky.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's what they said about Mahomes.

They were wrong.

That's like saying don't draft a guy because he comes from a school that puts out bad players at his position. People are individuals and judging their potential by what you perceive as similarly skilled players is foolish at best.

Over looking the fact that they struggle to make reads and decision making is also a major issue.

More Trubiskys drafted than Mahomes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was the starter in Georgia and played well before he got hurt. He was like the top QB in his class going into college. I'm not saying I want him or would pick him but if I had to choose between the two I would pick Eason. Ceiling is just higher than Fromms who I think will be Kirk Cousins like at best.

Mitch also doesn't have any elite tools. Eason has an elite arm atleast.

I would like to see what this offense looks like with a smart and accurate QB.

Arm strength is over rated.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m much more interested in the transfer to Georgia, Jamie Newman, as a prospect in the 2021 NFL draft.

He has the potential to be a high first round pick and I expect his draft stock to rise dramatically next year.

You heard it here first. Fuck this scrub Fromm.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I can see the Patriots picking up Fromm. Those who say he has a weak arm haven’t seen him play. He may not do well in the pros, but his arm is just as strong as Brady’s (no I am not saying he will be in the same galaxy as Brady). Fromm is elite at reading defensive alignments and making quick short to intermediate throws. That said, he played in a run first offense at UGA, which Nagy doesn’t do.

Id be happy with Eason. Let him sit for a year and he can come in when Trubs walks in 2021. Oh, and also draft another QB in 2021 until they get that damn position right.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
No. We are getting o-line and TE, and giving Trubisky every opportunity to fail.

I'm okay with giving Mitch more opportunities. What I'm not okay with is going into 2020 and him not having any sort of leash. There needs to be a training camp competition and a backup on the team that can actually take his job if he performs poorly early in the year

discplayer

Liked Posts:

Fromm took over at UGA when Eason had an injury. But even once healthy, Eason could never win his job back from Jake. Not so sure Eason is the answer anymore than Fromm is, IMO.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You could probably get a QB equal to Trubisky after the early 1st round. Unless you're willing to also spend the 1st+ in 2021 why bother? A team could always find a great one later but I doubt if that team will ever be the Bears.