dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In 2017 San Fran earned the #2 draft spot & the Bears were in the #3 spot. Within three years Lynch & Shanny have put together a SB team. In five years Pace hasn’t put together a one game playoff winner. Smh

I'm actually happy for them because i'm a huge fan of both of them but the FACT that there's so many people on here that STILL don't understand the basics of football and think every rebuild is the same is absolutely ridiculous. Lynch, and mostly Shanny, have done a great job building that team up but to think that you can compare one rebuild to another is so stupid, but then again this is CCS and there's a lot of people on here that can't get through life without coming here every single day to whine like teenagers about something so have at it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lynch inherited a mess and completely turn a franchise into a SB team. Bears hired the wrong GM.

Tell me the mess he inherited and then compare that to what Pace inherited and lets see how close they are. Show the veteran players and the contracts and everything though and then show what players they cut and ate the contracts of and what players they kept and the contracts they were on and where they picked in each draft and how many draft picks they has and what they did with those draft picks. You wanna compare rebuilds then everything must be shown so don't skip a step. The biggest thing the 49ers did was get Shanny which they got before Pace had a chance cause the ownership stuck him with Fox.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm actually happy for them because i'm a huge fan of both of them but the FACT that there's so many people on here that STILL don't understand the basics of football and think every rebuild is the same is absolutely ridiculous. Lynch, and mostly Shanny, have done a great job building that team up but to think that you can compare one rebuild to another is so stupid, but then again this is CCS and there's a lot of people on here that can't get through life without coming here every single day to whine like teenagers about something so have at it.

The follow up would be why have they had more success?

The answer: Shanny is better than anyone the Bears have in their organization.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

After looking at the people that have posted in this entire thread i'm embarrassed that i let myself get in here with all the trolls that do nothing but post negative comments...LOL.

Most of the people, not all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The follow up would be why have they had more success?

The answer: Shanny is better than anyone the Bears have in their organization.

Yeah i clearly said the best thing Lynch did was hiring Shanny. I've been wanting him and saying he was gonna be the next great HC in this league before he ever even got his 1st chance at being a HC.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Just a few months ago Lynch was on the hot seat, the 49ers were 10-22 under him, and he and was being criticized for his 2017 draft picks, Solomon Thomas and Rueben Foster. Now the tables have turned in one season and we're jealous?!

Can other teams have success without it always being turned into "woe is me"?

Maybe the 49ers are going to be good for years to come, maybe they will regress back to the mean, who knows? But either way, what does it have to do with the bigger picture of the Chicago Bears?

Pace has built a very solid and competitive team. We have a foundation of core players that will help us vie for the playoffs for years to come. Give it another season for us to revert to our mean, before complaining after one let down year.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a few months ago Lynch was on the hot seat, the 49ers were 10-22 under him, and he and was being criticized for his 2017 draft picks, Solomon Thomas and Rueben Foster. Now the tables have turned in one season and we're jealous?!

Can other teams have success without it always being turned into "woe is me"?

Maybe the 49ers are going to be good for years to come, maybe they will regress back to the mean, who knows? But either way, what does it have to do with the bigger picture of the Chicago Bears?

Pace has built a very solid and competitive team. We have a foundation of core players that will help us vie for the playoffs for years to come. Give it another season for us to revert to our mean, before complaining after one let down year.
Pace has built nothing other than mediocrity. Defense for Bears never the problem. Offense was the problem and exactly what has Pace done for that #30 offense in the league?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Come on man, with this “understand the basics of football” nonsense. It doesn’t take over 5 years to win a playoff game. The comparison to Lynch, who has put together a SB team in three years. Is just to show how much Pace isn’t getting it done. To have one of the worst offenses in football after 5 years is inexcusable. And, Pace’s QB selections, from Glennon to Daniels to Trubisky (over more accomplished QBs) have been terrible. Unhappy fans that are tired of the same ole same ole for decades are not Trolls. They have a right to express their dissatisfaction. Just like you have a right to be cool with failure.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Lovable loser crew member #1 @dabears70

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Priority #1 = Beat the Packers
This has to be the immediate goal.

Truthfully this is going to be hard. The Packers have always been good and that was even with McCarthy and an older style of player management. Now they have changed their HC and appear to have a GM who is in 'win now' mode every offseason.

Add in that they have a good QB and accomplishing that mission won't be easy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lynch's win in that draft wasnt the draft haul he got back, he traded away Kamara in that same draft, was that he didn't draft Trubisky. Foster, Thomas were massive busts and Warner was decent in a limited role this year. Not sure why people think that draft haul helped build his roster. But it does go to show teams dont need to draft WR's in the top 10(White) or hope non-pas rushing LB's will somehow magically become Edge rushers.

Well out of that entire trade, the Saints got a stud and the Niners got a stud Warner. The Bears got Trubisky.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Priority #1 = Beat the Packers

Pace has ensured other teams will beat the Packers.

When you look at the Bears franchise as existing only to try to keep the Packers from winning Super Bowls... they've done a solid job, except when they actually had to play the Packers.

Fun fact, all of San Francisco's points yesterday were scored by former Bears.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Basically just built draft capital by not making poor choices and not getting in a pissing contest for that expensive defensive player. You want to get your QB, which he did without hurting draft capital. Then you don't want to give out a big contract that could set your team back if it doesn't work out perfectly well.

Paces 2 biggest mistakes set the Bears back for several years. First, the fleecing. You had a choice between a generational QB, above average QB and below average QB. Pace took the latter and hurt Bears' draft capital in the process. Then, with a solid defense and needy offense, he dishes out a record contract for an overrated pass rusher who had little to no impact this season. It's as if Pace is undercover and sent to hurt the Bears.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Come on man, with this “understand the basics of football” nonsense. It doesn’t take over 5 years to win a playoff game. The comparison to Lynch, who has put together a SB team in three years. Is just to show how much Pace isn’t getting it done. To have one of the worst offenses in football after 5 years is inexcusable. And, Pace’s QB selections, from Glennon to Daniels to Trubisky (over more accomplished QBs) have been terrible. Unhappy fans that are tired of the same ole same ole for decades are not Trolls. They have a right to express their dissatisfaction. Just like you have a right to be cool with failure.

@dabears70 did you see this post?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has the whole mb on ignore. He kind of just talks to himself on here

I sometimes wonder if he is the same IRL

Doctor: The test results have come back and I am afraid you have been diagnosed with type two diabetes.

DB70: Shut up you loser troll. Try learning the fundamentals of doctoring. SMH

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lynch inherited a mess and completely turn a franchise into a SB team. Bears hired the wrong GM.

When was the last time the Bears hired the right GM? Or head coach, for that matter? When was the last time the Bears had a good offensive coach?