Do bears fans need to get over mahomes and watson?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LOL. so virginia wanted trubs and not pace. That's an interesting theory.
There are more owners other than Virginia. She is just the majority owner

jive

Liked Posts:
Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps, Vince Evans, Jim McMahon, Steve Fuller, Rusty Lisch, Mike Tomczak, Doug Flutie, Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Steve Walsh, Erik Kramer, Dave Krieg, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Jonathan Quinn, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Jay Cutler, Todd Collins, Caleb Hanie, Josh McCown , Jason Campbell, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon

I am numb

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Said it before, will say it again, Bears fans will be talking about this the rest of their lives. Not saying it’s right, just saying that’s the way it is.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Said it before, will say it again, Bears fans will be talking about this the rest of their lives. Not saying it’s right, just saying that’s the way it is.

It's gonna sting hard when Mahomes is donning a gold jacket in preparation for his hall of fame speech. Meanwhile the Bears will be on their 8th different QB

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's gonna sting hard when Mahomes is donning a gold jacket in preparation for his hall of fame speech. Meanwhile the Bears will be on their 8th different QB
nah not really. I'll be happy for Mahomes. Maybe if you losers have nothing better going on in real life and depend on the Bears for your happiness, it might sting...but for most normal people, they will just go about their day. Mitch isn't Mahomes..who tf cares? Bears took Benson over Rodgers....why aren't you cunting about that?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No it’s not gonna sting at all for the vast majority of us. Maybe a couple of you dumb fucks but most people have bigger things to worry about in life than who was drafted in 2017

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bob Avellini, Mike Phipps, Vince Evans, Jim McMahon, Steve Fuller, Rusty Lisch, Mike Tomczak, Doug Flutie, Jim Harbaugh, Peter Tom Willis, Will Furrer, Steve Walsh, Erik Kramer, Dave Krieg, Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller, Chris Chandler, Henry Burris, Kordell Stewart, Rex Grossman, Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson, Jonathan Quinn, Kyle Orton, Brian Griese, Jay Cutler, Todd Collins, Caleb Hanie, Josh McCown , Jason Campbell, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, Brian Hoyer, Mike Glennon

I am numb
And Aaron Rodgers was theirs for the taking but chose Cedric Benson(R.I.P)

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

I am numb

My favorite was Kramer*. Just hurt too damn much and had no help from a weak defense. In 2013, McCown played himself into a stopgap starting contract while the Bears started looking for the new franchise guy imo. But when that is all you have for 25 years of paying attnetion to the Bears, it is very sad.

* Too young for McMahon here. I do remember watching him play backup in Philly a few times and thinking "Damn he looks better than Harbaugh does right now". This was when Harbaugh was averaging like 10 TD passes a season in Ditka's ground-and-pound early 90's era.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was over it before I was in it. Fucking injustice collectors. It's apparent that Mitch was not the best selection but once selected, the only thing that matters is whether he can become that franchise player he was drafted to be. Watson and Mahomes have absolutely no bearing on that.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I know people don't like this sentiment because it seems overly cynical and unnecessarily grim.

But watch Mitch and Nagy still struggle and in 2021, they are canned and the rebuild is fully on (again).

No one up above is capable of hiring the right GM imo. Lassez-faire attitude towards success from above is an indicator of bottom tier teams like the Redskins, Dolphins, Cardinals, Chargers, Browns,

and Bears are right down there imo

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was over it before I was in it. Fucking injustice collectors. It's apparent that Mitch was not the best selection but once selected, the only thing that matters is whether he can become that franchise player he was drafted to be. Watson and Mahomes have absolutely no bearing on that.

Watson and Mahomes have no bearing on whether MITCH can step up and progress, agreed. (Pretty sure no one here disputes that). Watson and Mahomes have a huge bearing on Pace's ability to evaluate talent and make correct moves to fill the QB spot. That actually seems more on point with the context of the discussion and Watson and Mahomes' collective successes make Pace's seat warmer as well it should.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ridiculous.

They are over 85. If they weren't, they wouldn't care so much about current year Bears.

Lol. I see you haven't seen the endless comparisons to that team but whatever you have to tell yourself

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson and Mahomes have no bearing on whether MITCH can step up and progress, agreed. (Pretty sure no one here disputes that). Watson and Mahomes have a huge bearing on Pace's ability to evaluate talent and make correct moves to fill the QB spot. That actually seems more on point with the context of the discussion and Watson and Mahomes' collective successes make Pace's seat warmer as well it should.
He took what the great majority had as the top rated guy. You want your GM to be smarter than everyone else but almost all here didn't think we were drafting a QB at all. Context of this thread isn't about Pace anyway. It's about dwelling and you're doing a fine job of it. Just distracts from solutions but keep reminding us so we don't forget that Pace got it wrong. How else would we ever remember?

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol. I see you haven't seen the endless comparisons to that team but whatever you have to tell yourself
I was in my early 20s. I don't bring it up or dwell but fuck if that wasn't the best season ever. Games and stories. Nothing since has come close. How would someone that didn't go through it have a clue about how that felt at the time. Minimizing the past doesn't make the current any better. Don't need to hear about it in every (or any non specific) thread either. Past is the past but there's no denying some very fond memories.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
No it’s not gonna sting at all for the vast majority of us. Maybe a couple of you dumb fucks but most people have bigger things to worry about in life than who was drafted in 2017
Says the guy worried about who we drafted in 05. I think you have bitched at least 30 times about drafting benson over rodgers.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"Why didn't we draft Mahomes??? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Fuck you, Pace! Fuck you, Pace! Fuck you, Pace! Mahomes should be a Chicago Bear!"

*flashback to 3 years ago*

"We NEED to draft Brad Kaaya. He's the next Joe Montana!"

Honestly, the people that constantly bitch like little fucking girls that didn't get their way about Mahomes and Watson and Trubisky... I think less of them as men. If you spend your time on this forum crying about this shit, you're a bitch of a man.
Oh nooooo how can we live knowing that you think this about us?

I guess it’s much more manly to white knight for a dogshit qb that doesn’t give a shit about you. Yeah, sooo manly to whine about NAGY and blame everyone but the QB. That’s the very manly man stuff my father taught me growing up. You probably have a very hairy chest and are great at carpentry. What a man!