Biggs: Changes at ILB

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Biggs

“THE BEARS HAVE A HUGE INVESTMENT IN FORMER FIRST-ROUND PICK ROQUAN SMITH, AND THAT MAKES IT SOMEWHAT UNLIKELY THE TEAM BUCKS UP TO KEEP TREVATHAN. KWIATKOWSKI ALSO COULD MAKE MORE ON THE OPEN MARKET THAN THE BEARS WANT TO PAY. I’M NOT SURE WHO IS TALKING ABOUT THIS, BUT I’D RECOMMEND THEY CLOSELY RE-EXAMINE WHAT HAPPENED OFFENSIVELY FOR THE BEARS IN 2019 AND CONSIDER THE BENEFIT OF USING AVAILABLE RESOURCES ON THAT SIDE OF THE BALL.”

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm sure all the space Kwik will take up the offense is just going to be bringing in a lot of talent with that money. Smh
He was arguably one of the best players on the bears last year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone may pay him close to 10m a year. Bears won’t match that

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be surprising to me if he got that much I would think he'd get like 5-6 million

That is chump change based on last year’s performance.

he’ll get more

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the floor for Kwit will be around 7, which I am not sure the Bears are going to match.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ilb don't get paid close to double digit unless they're Ray Lewis Brian urlacher type of talents.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Remember when we used to complain about how easy it was to pick apart Kwit in pass coverage?

Do you guys think that went away somehow?

He played awesome in limited snaps, but how's he going to hold up to OCs game planning against him when he's playing every down?

***I just looked it up. According to combine measurements Kwit is faster than Trevathan in the 40.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remember when we used to complain about how easy it was to pick apart Kwit in pass coverage?

He played awesome in limited snaps, but how's he going to hold up to OCs game planning against him when he's playing every down?

He started a large part of the seasom.

Maybe he improved? Maybe Pagano put him in better situations?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

For some strange reason teams did not exploit Kwiatkoski.......he can't cover a back coming out of the backfield. Honestly I think the Bears did a good job in hiding Kwiat over the middle and rarely had him going out to the flats. I remember that one time against Dallas. Mostly it was JPL and Smith, who are faster than Kwiat laterally.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He started a large part of the seasom.

Maybe he improved? Maybe Pagano put him in better situations?

This....pretty sure they used him as a space eater in the middle. He rarely went to the flats alone.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ilb don't get paid close to double digit unless they're Ray Lewis Brian urlacher type of talents.

I would recommend actually looking up information like this before you type..

Trevathan got an average of about 7m a year and that was 4 years ago. There are plenty of ILBs making over 10m a year....

He is going to command at least 7m a year.....there are plenty of teams in need with plenty of salary cap.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If KPL is starting next to Roquan and we get a sizebale upgrade at RG or TE out of it, I am fine with that.

KPL was very good last season and his speed is pretty unique.

Yup. I like KPL. But they will need a backup linebacker. What they have now won't cut it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There are currently 11 ILB's with contracts that average 10mil+ a season. So I guess there must be a lot of Urlacher/Lewis type LB's around these days....