Biggs: Changes at ILB

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
This has probably become a hot take, but I don't want Kwit as the starter. He played well for 4 or however many games, but he's still slow and bad in coverage. Good run stopper and an awesome backup, but I can't imagine him having anywhere near the impact over a 16 game season as he did this past year in limited action.

I'm more than okay letting him walk.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone may pay him close to 10m a year. Bears won’t match that

I find that highly unlikely. He has had one decent half year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would recommend actually looking up information like this before you type..

Trevathan got an average of about 7m a year and that was 4 years ago. There are plenty of ILBs making over 10m a year....

He is going to command at least 7m a year.....there are plenty of teams in need with plenty of salary cap.

DT was also more proven than Kwia at the time of his deal. Kwia hasnt even started more than 8 games in a season.

Last edited:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
This has probably become a hot take, but I don't want Kwit as the starter. He played well for 4 or however many games, but he's still slow and bad in coverage. Good run stopper and an awesome backup, but I can't imagine him having anywhere near the impact over a 16 game season as he did this past year in limited action.

I'm more than okay letting him walk.
He showed better coverage ability than trevathan has ever shown in his career. What slowness are u talking about... I swear to God all these people who watched preseason come out of the woodwork just to shit out of their mouths.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
as stated before he's going to paid probably at least what Trevathan got paid and that was 4 years ago.....adjust for salary cap growth and you are looking at 7m plus....Bears won't match that.

They could probably sign Trevathan and JPL for slightly more than what Kwiat will get.....I'd rather do that.
I'm thinking it's closer to 5-6 mill a year.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
He showed better coverage ability than trevathan has ever shown in his career. What slowness are u talking about... I swear to God all these people who watched preseason come out of the woodwork just to shit out of their mouths.

I watched him since he was drafted. His sideline to sideline speed is still awful. Straight line speed is good, and that's why he's good on blitzes and in the run game.

I've been posting all season, so I didn't come out of the wood work and start talking, dickweed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I watched him since he was drafted. His sideline to sideline speed is still awful. Straight line speed is good, and that's why he's good on blitzes and in the run game.

I've been posting all season, so I didn't come out of the wood work and start talking, dickweed.

No, you are the one who dicks, weed.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Roquan has a $5 mil cap hit this year and $5.8 next year and that's it. I'm unclear as to how that equates to a "huge investment."

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find that highly unlikely. He has had one decent half year.

I think you'll be surprised at what teams will do when you combine cap space and desperation....

jbunch14

Liked Posts:

Your lack of fooseball intelligence is disturbing. NK played a good half year of football. Not spectacular; but good. He is slow. It's not hard to see. He's great between the tackles and he's an above-average blitzer. NardFlo is better in coverage than NK is. Not a re-sign for me at more than 4m per. KPL flashed much more ability in his short time playing. Much higher ceiling than NK. He should likely be starting beside RSmith next season.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Would be surprising to me if he got that much I would think he'd get like 5-6 million
I figure the offer would be right at 6, but he may go somewhere else for more money....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Roquan has a $5 mil cap hit this year and $5.8 next year and that's it. I'm unclear as to how that equates to a "huge investment."

he was a top 10 pick. How much more of an investment can you make than spending at top 10 pick?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that Kwik gets 6-7 million a year.

That may be more than the Bears want to spend if you consider how cash strapped they are and if they can get KPL back for 3.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you'll be surprised at what teams will do when you combine cap space and desperation....

Oh I know teams can be stupid. I just question teams being desperate for Kwia. I think we have a tendency to overvalue Bears players.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think that Kwik gets 6-7 million a year.

That may be more than the Bears want to spend if you consider how cash strapped they are and if they can get KPL back for 3.

3-5 million is what I would guess. Dont see the track record for me but I suppose there may be one desperate team out there.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Your lack of fooseball intelligence is disturbing. NK played a good half year of football. Not spectacular; but good. He is slow. It's not hard to see. He's great between the tackles and he's an above-average blitzer. NardFlo is better in coverage than NK is. Not a re-sign for me at more than 4m per. KPL flashed much more ability in his short time playing. Much higher ceiling than NK. He should likely be starting beside RSmith next season.
"He is slow" yes he isn't running 4.5 at 220 pounds but he is just as "slow" as luke keuchly from what I've seen.

Danny trevathan and roquan haven't even come close to the level of Nick kwiatkoski's play. Trevathan has been living good behind the elite players he's had infront of him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I know teams can be stupid. I just question teams being desperate for Kwia. I think we have a tendency to overvalue Bears players.

I don't care for Kwiat long term. I think he limits what you can do defensively to a degree. I think there will be a team that overpays him.