Biggs: Changes at ILB

dennehy

Liked Posts:
"He is slow" yes he isn't running 4.5 at 220 pounds but he is just as "slow" as luke keuchly from what I've seen.

Danny trevathan and roquan haven't even come close to the level of Nick kwiatkoski's play. Trevathan has been living good behind the elite players he's had infront of him.
If he's that good, why do you think he's going to come relatively cheap? You had him him at less than Danny T. made 4 years ago, even though you think he's a far superior player.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sign KPL. Add depth in the draft or from a cheaper FA.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting how Kwit is expected to command a much higher price than I expected. Cost more? For sure, but if more than DT, I'd rather roll with DT and KPL as backup, if not let them battle for the start - dep on DT's health once back (although he should be fine by camp).

Wouldn't be surprised by a late ILB pick, although many other needs come first.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Someone may pay him close to 10m a year. Bears won’t match that

$10 mil for Kwiat? No way do i see him making that much. That would be crazy to me and i'm a big fan.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
$10 mil for Kwiat? No way do i see him making that much. That would be crazy to me and i'm a big fan.

Guaranteed money will play into it but I see 7+ for him at least.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yup. I like KPL. But they will need a backup linebacker. What they have now won't cut it.

We could always bring Jon Bostic back who made under $1 mil last year....lol. Kinda joking but the guy has gotten pretty good. He had 104 tackles, 6 QB hits, 1 INT and 1 sack last year for Wash.

I actually think ILB is one of the easier positions to find good talent at in the NFL so while it would suck if we can't bring back either one of Trevathan or Kwiat i'd be fine with KPL and then bringing in a vet for cheap and like Windy said, if not bringing either back helps get us a legit RG or TE in free agency then i'm fine with it.

I'll be sad losing Kwiat though cause i've been defending him on here since we drafted him from people saying he's another bad Pace draft pick but i don't have as much worry finding talent at ILB as i do many other positions.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If losing Danny T & Kwit happens, it'll help with comp picks.

That of course depends on how many free agents we bring in and we obviously will be bringing some in. Gotta lose more then you bring in to get comp picks and how much money the player going out and the player you're bringing gets matters as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He showed better coverage ability than trevathan has ever shown in his career. What slowness are u talking about... I swear to God all these people who watched preseason come out of the woodwork just to shit out of their mouths.

He's not as bad as some like to make him out to be cause......CCS. He's no Roquan when it comes to sideline to sideline speed but he can hold his own. Every LBer will get beat in coverage and has been beat in coverage especially against good/great offenses with great play callers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your lack of fooseball intelligence is disturbing. NK played a good half year of football. Not spectacular; but good. He is slow. It's not hard to see. He's great between the tackles and he's an above-average blitzer. NardFlo is better in coverage than NK is. Not a re-sign for me at more than 4m per. KPL flashed much more ability in his short time playing. Much higher ceiling than NK. He should likely be starting beside RSmith next season.

OIP.KPPzJ8K99j0ju7K4YGsceQHaGO

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That of course depends on how many free agents we bring in and we obviously will be bringing some in. Gotta lose more then you bring in to get comp picks and how much money the player going out and the player you're bringing gets matters as well.

If you sign a player that was cut, it doesnt affect comp picks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care for Kwiat long term. I think he limits what you can do defensively to a degree. I think there will be a team that overpays him.

I suppose we shall see. I just can't fathom a dude who has yet to play a full season and still appears limited in coverage is going to garner a good payday.

If he's that good, why do you think he's going to come relatively cheap? You had him him at less than Danny T. made 4 years ago, even though you think he's a far superior player.

Probably because he doesn't have the track record DT had when he signed. Teams aren't falling over themselves just to sign a guy with around 8-10 good games over the past 4 years.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Because the people who sign players look at cons(he'll have enough going against him that teams will low-ball) and don't have as much inside as the bears on the player.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Assuming Roquan heals properly and is ready to go, I would like to see us run with Roquan and KPL. KPL should some incredible speed and agility, couple that with Roquan, that's pretty lethal in the middle of the field. After watching what the Chiefs did against TN, its was painfully obvious TN's LB's were ridiculously too slow to keep up. We want to go against the best of the best, that speed over the middle is needed.

Its not that Kwait is bad, but with how the league is going more and more spread offense with speed, you need to counter with speed. Guys like Kwait have a place but with what he brings, that is something I feel you could get in the draft in the later rounds. Plus, if we are going to come up against some cap issues in the near future and we want to build a long term success full team, the smarter play is KPL, let Kwait walk and back fill with a draft pick or as someone said early, a low cost flyer on a guy like Bostic.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
I see 44 getting in the 7-8 million range. And well deserved too. Good for him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Seems there is a lot of Bears goggles when valuing Kwiatkowski. He is a complementary ILB which makes him worth 4-6M. He is replaceable for that if he is offered much more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see 44 getting in the 7-8 million range. And well deserved too. Good for him.

I was thinking about 6-7 mil but i guess i wouldn't be shocked if he hit 8. The guy has always played great whenever he got a chance to get on the field. I know it wasn't too much up until this year but he's had his chances cause Trevathan has had his injury issues since he's been here and R.Smith has missed some time in his 2 years with us as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems there is a lot of Bears goggles when valuing Kwiatkowski. He is a complementary ILB which makes him worth 4-6M. He is replaceable for that if he is offered much more.

I think he will get 7+ outside chance of higher...

I don't think he is worth more than 5