Jeremiah top 50

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love above Herbert? damn...this kid is shooting up draftboards.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears have the 43rd pick and Eason is projected to be there at 47....I gotta pull the trigger.

If Eason came out next year he would likely be the #3 QB in the draft.

I would be willing to take him at 43 and stash him for 2020. Work on the footwork and allow Flip to have an entire year of just getting the guy ready from a technical stand point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this moment it really seems like they are going to need to go TE and OLB in round 2.

I do not know where else they are addressing those positions based on what is available and the resources they have.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yeah YOU would pull the trigger in the 2nd if Eason is there ,... but Pace won't

He is building around Mitch, not drafting Mitch's replacement. The fact that Pace gets to keep working here and working as if Nagy/Mitch will figure it out in year 3 is a bad thing for us in the long run imo

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this moment it really seems like they are going to need to go TE and OLB in round 2.

I do not know where else they are addressing those positions based on what is available and the resources they have.

Unless there is a can't miss OLB I don't see that in round 2.....it is way too early to call specifics.

There is FA to go thru and I really think they need young blood at the OT position first.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless there is a can't miss OLB I don't see that in round 2.....it is way too early to call specifics.

There is FA to go thru and I really think they need young blood at the OT position first.

There where does the pass rush come from?

They cannot afford any investment in free agency at the position.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah YOU would pull the trigger in the 2nd if Eason is there ,... but Pace won't

He is building around Mitch, not drafting Mitch's replacement. The fact that Pace gets to keep working here and working as if Nagy/Mitch will figure it out in year 3 is a bad thing for us in the long run imo

I was saying that firing Pace now, instead of allowing him to continue to build his house on sand was the right call.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just started watching some Fromm games since I really don't watch college football anymore. Kid looks almost undraftable to me which means he's probably QB#1 on Pace's board.
I'm split on Fromm.

If he translates over he will be in the mound of Brees/Dalton/Pennington in that they were not physically great, but all could do their part to help an NFL team win.

The real question is: Is Fromm so strong in fundamentals and the mental side of the game that he can completely make up for his physical limitations? I'd add Fromm can add velocity. Many QBs have actually increased gotten better there with increased attention on their mechanics.

Anyway, I'm not anti-Fromm, but to your Pace comments, he seems to like physically gifted QBs. If that's the case Fromm probably isn't in the conversation unless he completely wins him over in the interview or Fromm falls to a point where there's too much value to pass up.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There where does the pass rush come from?

They cannot afford any investment in free agency at the position.

I think they are hoping with Hicks back that will help it. They could cut Floyd and use the 13m towards a different player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they are hoping with Hicks back that will help it. They could cut Floyd and use the 13m towards a different player.

We know that isn't happening. They are going to supplement Floyd with another rusher who needs to be cheap and able to get to the QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm split on Fromm.

If he translates over he will be in the mound of Brees/Dalton/Pennington in that they were not physically great, but all could do their part to help an NFL team win.

The real question is: Is Fromm so strong in fundamentals and the mental side of the game that he can completely make up for his physical limitations? I'd add Fromm can add velocity. Many QBs have actually increased gotten better there with increased attention on their mechanics.

Anyway, I'm not anti-Fromm, but to your Pace comments, he seems to like physically gifted QBs. If that's the case Fromm probably isn't in the conversation unless he completely wins him over in the interview or Fromm falls to a point where there's too much value to pass up.

So much of what makes a QB good is pre-snap. Making sure you are never running a play into a bad look is half the battle and where Trubisky struggles a lot.

That is why I would be fine with Fromm in the 2nd.

This scheme is about getting the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
most of us don't truly know how smart these(QB) guys are and their ability to read defenses beyond what the scouts say. Even the scouts get this shit wrong. So while some of these guys look good in specific systems with maybe one read and throwing to guys that are ridiculously open, it may not translate well to the NFL.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We know that isn't happening. They are going to supplement Floyd with another rusher who needs to be cheap and able to get to the QB.

maybe lets say Miller is asked to take a pay cut by the Broncos from the 17m he is owed...do they cut him....would you spend that 13m on Miller?

A lot of things can happen

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
so many people here will be perplexed on us not taking a QB early....

I think they better bring in a vet or draft Eason if he's there.

If they do nothing, Pace will definitely be on the hot seat. Even if the o-line gets better, Trubisky is not taking this team on a playoff run. He's just nowhere near good enough mentally.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I was saying that firing Pace now, instead of allowing him to continue to build his house on sand was the right call.
I disagree. Let Nagy Trubs and pace have next year. No reason to change any one of them. Then replace all 3 at once if needed. I think we'll be a playoff team next year so it might not happen then either.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they better bring in a vet or draft Eason if he's there.

If they do nothing, Pace will definitely be on the hot seat. Even if the o-line gets better, Trubisky is not taking this team on a playoff run. He's just nowhere near good enough mentally.

they already said they are bringing in a QB in free agency