The 2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were does this Pace has a huge ego come from?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah Mims was a guy I was hoping the Bears could get on Day 3. I think he's going to play/run himself into day 2 after the combine.

Very good WR and OT class. I think the Bears can definitely wait for Day 3 for one of these positions, maybe both if they can find 2 of edge, CB, TE early in the 2nd round. I'd really love a trade down with that 50th pick, to get another pick in the top 120.

I actually like a lot of TEs in this class, but can't even begin to know where guys are going to get picked. I thought TEs went earlier than I expected last year, and with the success of the TE position this year, I expect that to continue. But I have no feel on who and in what order.
Yeah I'd like to see a trade down as well.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Kevin white is his biggest miss trubisky most disappointing

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was so convinced that he was right at QB that he traded up for the worst QB in the draft and then he took a boutique division 2 TE in the 2nd round.

That would be my guess.

Trubisky was ranked in the top 3 of most people draft boards. Shaheen was ranked top 4.

Not sure how that translates to Pace's ego.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I'd like to see a trade down as well.

It is a good year for it.

The Bears first pick may happen during a run on this talented WR class. Great time to cash in and you still have another second round pick not far after.

Let's just hope Pace does not see the WR run and trades both 2nd round picks away to move up five spots and draft the most painfully mediocre receiver of the bunch.

Kevin white is his biggest miss trubisky most disappointing

I would argue the opposite.

Kevin White's run of injuries that kept him off the field for too long for him to ever live up to a Top 10 pick is disappointing.

Trubisky failing at fundamental NFL QB stuff while perfectly healthy is a bigtime swing and miss.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Hurts is showing that he is who we thought he is. He would be a waste of a pick at any round. Love is most likely going to get over picked and, at this point, is likely to go in the first.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

The Bears first pick may happen during a run on this talented WR class. Great time to cash in and you still have another second round pick not far after.

Let's just hope Pace does not see the WR run and trades both 2nd round picks away to move up five spots and draft the most painfully mediocre receiver of the bunch.

Kevin White's run of injuries that kept him off the field for too long for him to ever live up to a Top 10 pick is disappointing.

Trubisky failing at fundamental NFL QB stuff while perfectly healthy is a bigtime swing and miss.
Kevin white still could of learned how to be an NFL receiver while injured it's happened to many wrs how is Keenan Allen "one of the best wrs" and glorified but went to IR every single season for like 4 seasons in a row he even got paid !!! Good thing for him is he is now 3 seasons healthy and balling out

Kevin white is a true bust. Mitchell trubisky is an NFL caliber player but to what extent is debatable

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

You clearly haven't seen this offense run as a team, there is no way in fucking hell you could possibly say Mitch has everything going right for him and he is flat out failing.

PS keep reading pff fluff.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Kevin white still could of learned how to be an NFL receiver while injured it's happened to many wrs how is Keenan Allen "one of the best wrs" and glorified but went to IR every single season for like 4 seasons in a row he even got paid !!! Good thing for him is he is now 3 seasons healthy and balling out

Kevin white is a true bust. Mitchell trubisky is an NFL caliber player but to what extent is debatable

No need to fight over which is worse. They were both hugely disappointing busts.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson CCS love child same time as pat mahomes to throw guess who had the top 5 lowest time to throw ? I'll give you a hint Mitchell Trubisky.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The more I think about it...I am coming over to your side. I was also more excited about finally taking a shot on a QB and never cared for the Kevin White pick...so down deep I guess he was more disappointing.

That said...he is still failing at fundamental NFL QB stuff. The good news is he gets one more chance at winning everyone over.

I don't like his odds, but I like his team...so I am still trying to hold out a shred of hope, but he ain't making it easy on me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was ranked in the top 3 of most people draft boards. Shaheen was ranked top 4.

Not sure how that translates to Pace's ego.

I am not saying I agree, but I think that is the genisis of the "smartest guy in the room" stuff.

I think he is incompetent, not an ego maniac.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I mentioned Josiah Deguara as a good TE prospect relative to his assumed draft position (right now most sites have him available or close to available at the Bears' 4th round comp slot). Here's what thedraftnetwork said:
Flash Reps: Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati

Out of all the tight ends, the best one in practice so far has been Josiah Deguara. At 6-foot-3, 240 pounds, Deguara has a rocked-up frame with the most nuanced route-running skills of the group. The safeties have had their way with the tight end group this week in practice, but Deguara has been the exception, especially on Wednesday. He looked incredibly fluid in and out of his breaks — showing no wasted motion and secured the ball each time with strong hands outside of his body. He also looks like the most comfortable in-line blocker of the group. So if you’re looking for a sleeper tight end to rise in this relatively shallow class, check out Deguara.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/senior-bowl-offense-south-practice-day-two-recap

Definitely a prospect to keep your eye on.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
what.....so if we get a top ten QB it will be a disaster?

Very unlikely he gets to be top 10 but when you pass up on Watson and Mahomes, what else can you call the pick? We're banking on Trubisky becoming league average in his 4th season while Mahomes is playing in the SB.