February 9th, Marquise Williams (Trubisky's college nemesis) debuts at QB

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
for the NY Guardians.

Tampa Bay Vipers @ NY Guardians 2pm ET FOX

Circle it on your calendars boys. This may be the next Kurt Warner. I have inside scoop Pace will be sending an entourage of pro scouts there....

Williams was signed by the Packers as a street free agent and lasted til the final cuts.

Marquise Williams, 6'2 216 pounds
Star QB at UNC, kept the #2 overall on the bench for 2 seasons til he graduated

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
for the NY Guardians.

Tampa Bay Vipers @ NY Guardians 2pm ET FOX

Circle it on your calendars boys. This may be the next Kurt Warner. I have inside scoop Pace will be sending an entourage of pro scouts there....

Williams was signed by the Packers as a street free agent and lasted til the final cuts.

Marquise Williams, 6'2 216 pounds
Star QB at UNC, kept the #2 overall on the bench for 2 seasons til he graduated
furthermore, I am fairly sure he took them farther, and put up more PPG with the same system/coach.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Wonder if Mitch will attend to support his ex-college teammate. It was noted Williams took Mitch under his wing and mentored him.

Mitch, "He's like a brother I never had..."

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Any of those teams got any Division III TE's we could snag maybe?
We have Cordarelle Patterson. He will play TE.
Shaheen can be KR

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Williams to Gentry?

How do I get money down on this?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I chuckled but here’s the thing...it’s not like Pace made a wild reach like a Shea McClellin or even Adam Shaheen. Mitch was regarded as the top QB by probably over 50 % of scouts and analysts. It sucks, because of who he passed up and what they’re doing, but plenty of GMs would have picked Mitch too. It’s been stale for a while now. Pace fucked up. Mahomes is superman, and Watson would have been cool too. We don’t need a thread about it every hour though.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I chuckled but here’s the thing...it’s not like Pace made a wild reach like a Shea McClellin or even Adam Shaheen. Mitch was regarded as the top QB by probably over 50 % of scouts and analysts. It sucks, because of who he passed up and what they’re doing, but plenty of GMs would have picked Mitch too. It’s been stale for a while now. Pace fucked up. Mahomes is superman, and Watson would have been cool too. We don’t need a thread about it every hour though.

The main rumored organization that wanted Mitch was the Browns. That should have automatically been a red flag

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Crying cunts

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Right. Only the Bears and the Browns were interested in Mitch.

Other teams may have shown interest but did they believe Ditch Mitch was a #2 overall? Nope, only 2 scrub franchises thought so, the Bears and Browns

coolio

Liked Posts:
Were drafting the kid who just broke Mitch's records at UNC. He's a freshman I believe, Sam Howell

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Other teams may have shown interest but did they believe Ditch Mitch was a #2 overall? Nope, only 2 scrub franchises thought so, the Bears and Browns

Gotcha. Good to know.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Uh oh

Mitch Trubisky failed to beat out an NFL washout

This was indeed one of the most worrisome aspects of Trubisky’s evaluation process back in 2016. By rights, given his obvious talent superiority, he should’ve convinced the North Carolina coaching staff that he was the rightful starting quarterback in 2015. It was obvious to everybody that Williams was not a future NFL starter. He didn’t even receive an invitation to the scouting combine after the season ended. Yet it didn’t matter. Fedora elected to keep him as their starter.

The Tarheels finished 11-3 with Williams accounting for 38 total touchdowns and over 4,000 yards of offense. The next year with almost the exact same offensive personnel in place, Trubisky managed 35 touchdowns and just over 4,000 yards of offense while going 8-5. That should’ve been a red flag. The fact that he wasn’t able to elevate the offense upon taking over as the starter.

This is another reminder of how difficult the evaluation of quarterbacks is. Teams get so in-depth with their work that sometimes they lose sight of the more obvious alarm bells. Egos get in the way. If I just get the right system in place with the right coach, this kid will become what he should be. The scout though is exactly right. College coaches get paid to win just like they do. If they don’t feel that player is good enough to do that over a clearly inferior talent, it’s a problem.

One the Bears have realized far too late.