My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

jive

Liked Posts:
A solid TE and a good RG can bring the offense to at least an average level. One of the things not mentioned is that we had a somewhat healthy Long in 2018. When he was effective, our run game was more effective. We never had an answer for RG in 2019. Long was hurt, and there was no-one that really stepped up to fill that role.

Better quarterback play would fill holes. A threat at QB will make the receivers better, give the RB some room, and make the O-line look better. But, if we don't get better QB play, then we'll need better receivers, depth at RB, and an improved O-line. That's all in addition to getting a TE and RG.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Brycen Hopkins, and then in 2027 when TEs are finally able to play in this league, Bears win the Super Bowl.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are going to spend much at TE, especially if they decide to draft a TE high.....

They have several holes to fill. Top priorities in the offseason need to be G, TE, backup T, ILB, SS, backup QB....

Not sure which Bears will prioritize in FA and the draft....

Back up T????? The bears already have at least two back up tackles in Leno and massie. How about they get someone with starter potential.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back up T????? The bears already have at least two back up tackles in Leno and massie. How about they get someone with starter potential.

It is a matter of contracts. The only way they are going to get a potential legit starter is thru the draft, which they indeed certainly can do. Finding a legit starter in FA will probably be cost prohibitive.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It is a matter of contracts. The only way they are going to get a potential legit starter is thru the draft, which they indeed certainly can do. Finding a legit starter in FA will probably be cost prohibitive.

I completely agree. My point was more that adding more backup depth at the tackle position is pointless. That’s all the bears currently have.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely agree. My point was more that adding more backup depth at the tackle position is pointless. That’s all the bears currently have.
Even if they draft high they still need to sign someone to compete.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Vaitai

-20 career starts, including a Super Bowl
-starts at LT, RT, and RG
-comes from one of the best OLS in football

His supporting cast around him was good.

Sorry, I just don't see how a guy product of the system makes the bears' OLine better. He isn't bringing Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, or Jason Peters with him, so let's just give him a huge contract?