dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think OT has to be one of the biggest priorities. We need youth on rookie contracts. It’s also very expensive to get one in FA, and even harder to find a good one.

Id like to see OT and either WR or TE in the 2nd. Adam Trautman from Dayton has been talked about a lot. I get it. Another TE named Adam from a small school in the 2nd. But word is this dude is legit. I don’t remember the exact quote, but he said he like route running and catching passes, but he loves to block a dude until he puts him on his ass. Good mentality to have on this team.

I don't mind using the draft to get a tackle but for the RG spot that we need someone to come in and start right away at we need to get that in free agency cause we can't take the chance of drafting one in the 2nd round thinking he can come in and start day one. It's just too risky with these college kids being such crap shots. All the "draft experts" can talk all they want about which ones they think are ready to start right away but you just never know if these guys can make that transition that quick. I wouldn't be mad if we went G in the 2nd round but i'm hoping more for OLB, TE, WR or maybe even CB but again i wouldn't be mad at G or T.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace needs to draft Anthony Gordon. His draft stock is rising but he’s still in the Bears price range. He’s worth the risk.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Anyone want to compare Hurts with Dwayne Haskins for us from a scout perspective?

I feel like that comparison gives us an NFL translation picture.

I don't see the comparison. Haskins is more of a pocket passer, who lacks the mobility of a Hurts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That south OL was horrific. It made it hard to assess the south on offense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That south OL was horrific. It made it hard to assess the south on offense.

Seemed fine for Herbert, must have just been worse for Hurts and Montez.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
One was good, the other was bad. All week. One will get drafted in the top 15, the other will maybe be a third rounder. The line isn't to blame here.

The OL was bad. I watched the game. The south's RT was constantly getting beat with swim moves. All this attributed to the south losing 34-17. Russell Wilson was drafted in the third round.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Were does this Pace has a huge ego come from?

My guess is this stems from the morons who refuse to blame Nagy for anything. Nagy gets called out for having a big ego and the Nagy nut huggers are quick to deny it and claim pace is the ego maniac.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy, what are your thoughts on LSU guard Damien Lewis?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Anyone want to compare Hurts with Dwayne Haskins for us from a scout perspective?

I feel like that comparison gives us an NFL translation picture.
Da Fuk are you talking about.
How are they similar asQB's:
6'2"-3" around 215lbs
both black
How are they different as QB's:
Pretty much everything else.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Gordon would be an interesting developmental QB to bring in. Nothing elite about his arm but he knows where to throw the ball and has a playmaker’s mentality.
Was my preseason favorite of the non top QBs and has remained in that spot. He's a better pro prospect than Gardner Minshew was coming out.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Been saying this for montha now. If we dont get a WR with one of the 2nd round picks Pace should be fired.

Remy, there is no doubt it is a damn good class for WRs but OTs like Niang and Josh Jones could be floating around the Bear picks as well as almost every TE in a sneaky good class.

The comp pick they should receive in the 4th will probably net them a good receiver if they want to draft one.

If they want Mims, it will probably come at the cost of a second round pick now that he has broken out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Biggest Senior Bowl news was the inclusion of players from Pitt, Penn St, Colorado and frigin' St John's ( Minn) on the South roster. While relegating players from UCLA, Houston, and Miami to the North squad. When asked, Senior Bowl officials referred questions to the head of geographical roster design, @Raskolnikov

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Was my preseason favorite of the non top QBs and has remained in that spot. He's a better pro prospect than Gardner Minshew was coming out.

He shows a lot of the attributes you see in Mahomes without that elite canon for an arm. He can make off schedule throws from different arm angles when needed. He moves around well in the pocket too. However, he’s not much of a runner. I think he’d fit well with what Nagy is trying to do especially if they shore up the o-line and tight end situation.

I agree too that he’s a better prospect than Minshew.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Been saying this for montha now. If we dont get a WR with one of the 2nd round picks Pace should be fired.
With this teams needs I think it more true he should be fired if he takes a WR at with anything before a 5th rd pick. TE, OL, CB and QB2 are much more pressing needs. Though it still comes down to if a huge gap PBA is there. You take a guy at any position if he is way ahead of anyone else.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Windy, what are your thoughts on LSU guard Damien Lewis?

I like him. I worry he might be a little stubby form the Bears.

But he is a finisher and we need finishers.

Lewis would be a perfect pick in round 4.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, there is no doubt it is a damn good class for WRs but OTs like Niang and Josh Jones could be floating around the Bear picks as well as almost every TE in a sneaky good class.

The comp pick they should receive in the 4th will probably net them a good receiver if they want to draft one.

If they want Mims, it will probably come at the cost of a second round pick now that he has broken out.

I would knock my 3 year old over to get the Josh Jones Card handed in.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He shows a lot of the attributes you see in Mahomes without that elite canon for an arm. He can make off schedule throws from different arm angles when needed. He moves around well in the pocket too. However, he’s not much of a runner. I think he’d fit well with what Nagy is trying to do especially if they shore up the o-line and tight end situation.

I agree too that he’s a better prospect than Minshew.
Yup. I agree with your assessment. He's athletic enough to run. He has decent wheels and has shown it on the rare occasion he flees the pocket. He just not a natural scrambler beyond the LOS. His arm is fine. Nothing special as you noted. His ability to throw from different arm angles and launch points is a rare trait.