Breaking News: Kobe Bryant Dead!

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Wow this is unreal. RIP Kobe and to his daughter aswell.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was twitter speculation not real journalism. And funny, ESPN waited to confirm the facts before posting on their site and people were bitching because they took too long.... damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
THIS!

I am just catching up on this thread and have seen people demanding to know how the crash happened before they knew who died. Natural to want to know as soon as you hear bad news, but it's not necessary to always look to bash somebody for what they did or didn't do.

Someone is upset that ESPN continued to show a game being played as scheduled, as though they should just dump that. Someone on Twitter suggests all NBA - and College! Duh! - games should be cancelled ALL WEEK.

Meanwhile, some celebs are smart enough to wait for actual facts before rushing to tweet their reactions.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Same two stations airing the pro Bowl. Owned by the same company. Can't switch one over for a few min?
Jesus, let it go. They are airing an event tehy are contractually bound to air. They broke in and reported the news and will do so endlessly after the game. Have you considered switching to ESPN News, perhaps?

ESPN stopping to report on it won't change anything.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They dumped a womens college basketball game on ESPN2 to ESPNews go to 24 hour coverage.

Then they put up an alert on all channels telling you they had full coverage on espn2.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Same two stations airing the pro Bowl. Owned by the same company. Can't switch one over for a few min?
Isn't there like a billion channels. If you really need to hear the TV tell you he's dead, then change the fucking channel. Jesus.

It's horrible he passed, and far worse his kid as well, but the world does move on. This game can't stop, hence they are required to show it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
CNN say nine people were on the helicopter.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very sad day.

Kobe's daughter Gianna was on board, along with one of her teammates and another parent, going to an away game.

There were 9 people on board, including the pilot.

RIP Kobe.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
anigif_enhanced-buzz-25053-1361162180-3.gif

Of those who watched it live, who didn't jump out of their seat when that happened?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The only other time I thought this has to be fake and immediately went to check was the untimely passing of Steve Irwin.

WOW!

Liked Posts:
Sure hope his wife has a very good support group around her. She has to go on raising 3 daughters after the death of her husband and 13 year old daughter. I can imagine the will to live is none existent right now for her. Rest in Peace Kobe and daughter. He had so much more to give and he's gone in a snap. Life is the cruelest thing imaginable sometimes.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
This is just awful. Goes to show you just how precious life is. Thoughts and prayers to all family/friends of those who passed.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Isn't there like a billion channels. If you really need to hear the TV tell you he's dead, then change the fucking channel. Jesus.

It's horrible he passed, and far worse his kid as well, but the world does move on. This game can't stop, hence they are required to show it.

yes. A billion channels.