Can we finally admit that Hurts will hurt our team! Don't draft him!

jive

Liked Posts:
Hurts' stock definitely took a toll from the Senior Bowl, and so did Montez's. The Bears need to draft a QB, at least a developmental one. In the end, they need to get the best one available somewhere in rounds 4-7 and hope they pan out to at least a backup. But, we shouldn't waste draft picks either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
because you didn't mention rushing yards, Tim Tebow had 2947 yards rushing in college. Hurts had 3274, including 1300 at Oklahoma in one year.

Lamar Jackson ran for 4132 in just 3 years. (but 1300x3=3900)

I didn't mean to offend with my Haskins/Hurts comparison. I watched some tape and cleared that up for myself. Perhaps Tim Tebow is a good comparison for Hurts?

I liked Tebow. He was a winner in college and the pros. Where Hurts lands depends on how he will develop. I think if he takes a "Russell Wilson approach" i.e. becoming a student of the game......he'll be ok.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
As in Jordan. That guys gonna be gone early according to projections

Yeah. I don’t think he’s getting past New Orleans in the first. Word is, they like him a lot. All my friends are convinced the NE takes Fromme. If 5 go in the first, there won’t be a day one starter falling into round 2, so there’s no reason to use a draft pick better served on bolstering the team, a TE, OL, or Edge.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think a QB in 2 and we trade one of those for some 3rd and 4th round picks unless a special player falls. If we get a QB, it won't be before the 4th and more likely 5+. I think Hurts falls to the 4+ range but he's not well suited to this O as currently configured. We're more likely to take a shot at a more prolific passer like Gordon though he may be gone by then.

Only takes one team to like him and that's true of Hurts as well s who knows. Fortunately, Gordon's small and not strong armed so his early rise may be over once at the combine. Hurts should do better there. Hurts is also ready for a leadership role unlike Mitch, who's just starting to assume that position.

It was my biggest concern about Mitch coming out and you could see it at the combine. Guys gravitated to Watson and Mitch was along for the ride.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Can we finally agree that Hurts is not worth drafting on this team. He just isn’t.

LOL yes! After all these years, yes! Finally someone has the courage to say it here. I applaud you so much for posting so gallantly. The others may be fearfully lining up and posting here on CCS robotically like so many drone workers in Orwell's 1984, but you wore red among the gray jumpsuits! You are the rebel the hero that starts the new era here. If they drag you to Room 101 remember 2 + 2 never equals 5 and there are more of us here now because of you

Thank you, 4435

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
you missed the memo, the mantra this offseason is "Anyone but Mitch..." sorry mail services got delayed to your place of residence

I missed it too. I have seen people be down on Mitch sure. But many people down on him still say no to:

Keenum
Dalton
Mariota
even no to Chase in-season
on and on ...

Can you also please check my residential address as you look up HHM's info? It may be a problem with the delivery system and not any one individual here. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I haven't watched enough of Hurts to really have a solid opinion on him. He had a hell of a college career though between Alabama and OU. I think most of the knocks on him are that he is a one read QB, then takes off. I think that is the case for alot of college QBs and their offenses are designed that way. I believe that most critics of Watson also said the same thing about him. If the Bears are serious about Hurts - sit him down and make him breakdown the game in front of you. Get a comfort level with his knowledge of the game and if they think he can develop into a QB who can hit all his reads, I have no problem taking a swing on him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nor I if they go that way. They all get benefit of doubt until they show us otherwise, jaundiced eye notwithstanding. I just don't see him as a target for this O.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Okay all, I know there is a sizable number of people who have been on the Jalen Hurts as a developmental pick argument. They have a whole polemic and want us to draft him. Can we finally agree that Hurts is not worth drafting on this team. He just isn’t.

Watching him play at the Senior Bowl was like watching Trubisky at his worst, but actually like a low-budget bad sequel of a bad Biscuit game. The

The O line was roughly the equivalent of our terrible Tackles up against NFL level talent. They sucked and Hurts was exposed as a one read QB with accuracy issues that caused some of the sacks and was lucky to only throw one pick.

Here’s what Walterfootball has to say about Hurts so far “…some of the sacks were Hurts' fault. For example, the second sack occurred because he held on to the ball too long. He also fired a careless pass while getting pressured, and that nearly resulted in a pick-six.

Hurts also had some trouble as a passer. He made a late throw on a roll-out, which caused the receiver to be out of bounds. He also threw an interception, though that was the result of Anae hitting him as released the pass, prompting the ball to pop up into the air.”

He's projected to go in the third, which means that we may be “lucky” enough to snag him with our 4th pick (projected comp). That pick may be a 4th rounder, but it is relatively speaking, one of our high picks.

Hurts was clear in every interview that he is a QB. He won’t play special teams. He won’t be a back or receiver. He only wants to play one position. It’ll take years of failure to get him to switch positions.

It would basically be throwing one of our higher picks, considering our number and placement of picks.

If we really want to throw a pick at a developmental QB, then let’s get a guy like Steven Montez who is a big body with a massive arm. He needs a lot of coaching but has real upside. Grab him with our last 7th pick or maybe as a UDFA.

I am not sold on Gordon because he lacks strength and wouldn’t want to spend a pick on him in any round. If we can get him here as a priority UDFA, then by all means, get him in here too.

But, using actual draft capital on a player like Hurts hurts my brain to think about.

The 2017 NFL draft was supposed to be a weak QB draft. One of the weakest in years they said. Jamie Winston and Marcus M were both franchise change QBs. Looks how all of this has turned out? The truth is nobody knows how good a QB will be in the NFL until they get there. I want to Bears to draft a high round QB in every draft until the get it right because it’s a crap shoot anyways

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The 2017 NFL draft was supposed to be a weak QB draft. One of the weakest in years they said. Jamie Winston and Marcus M were both franchise change QBs. Looks how all of this has turned out? The truth is nobody knows how good a QB will be in the NFL until they get there. I want to Bears to draft a high round QB in every draft until the get it right because it’s a crap shoot anyways
Can not disagree with the concept, because not only is it a crap shoot, but it is the single most important position in Football, and if you are going to spend too much draft capital on any one position, it should be QB. BUT, teams don't do it....They say they are going to do it, Pace included...

Most teams spend a high draft Pick on one and rarely move on or draft another before the end of a rookie contract....

Good QBs are hard to find, so drafting more than you need just seems like a no Brainer.

So why?

The Bears don't have much money or draft capital this year, yet they do have a QB issue. But my guess is that they will not draft a QB, and they will only bring in a token Vet to make it seem like there is going to be some competition. Hell it would not surprise me one bit if they went into the season with the very same QBs that they had this year.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Can not disagree with the concept, because not only is it a crap shoot, but it is the single most important position in Football, and if you are going to spend too much draft capital on any one position, it should be QB. BUT, teams don't do it....They say they are going to do it, Pace included...

Most teams spend a high draft Pick on one and rarely move on or draft another before the end of a rookie contract....

Good QBs are hard to find, so drafting more than you need just seems like a no Brainer.

So why?

The Bears don't have much money or draft capital this year, yet they do have a QB issue. But my guess is that they will not draft a QB, and they will only bring in a token Vet to make it seem like there is going to be some competition. Hell it would not surprise me one bit if they went into the season with the very same QBs that they had this year.

Take a look at the Bears last 10 first round picks. Where any of them franchise changing? If we selected a QB with their pick what would our team look like today? Probably the same now accept we would probably be in the Super Bowl soon with stability at the QB position

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who watched the will of this man beat Baylor to get Oklahoma into Final 4....

fuck man, its a silly business where us little cunts get to question a force of nature, will, and heart like Jalen Hurts. We don't deserve to get to talk about him.

Look who dominated MNF and lit up a secondary that suffocated Rodgers.

Admit you at least should not talk shit about the man.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hurts is a college football legend.

We can't afford to use one of our 2nds, and I highly doubt he is around in the 4th or 5th, so there is no conversation to be had.
Right. Right. And Right.