Bears sign CB Tre Roberson (CFL)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Calgary CB Tre Roberson, thought to be the top CFL free agent this year, will sign with the Chicago Bears, per a league source. Roberson chose the Bears over nine other offers. Bears are expected to give Roberson the largest CFL-to-NFL compensation since Miami signed Cameron Wake

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Love it. Actually followed his career some as he started off at my alma mater at Indiana. He was a mobile QB that started several games in the Big Ten, and then transferred to Illinois St when he lost the job. I believe he went led them to the FCS championship game. He converted to CB on the fly for the NFL and was on the Vikings practice squad for a while. Went to the CFL and basically dominated with several INTs in Canada. Gonna get 7 figures per season.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know him from Bearly... but I like the comments so far. Seems to fill a void. Now grab a DA G or TE.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just watched some quick highlights on Youtube, looks like a pretty decent tackler. Seemed to be playing predominately zone in the highlights, but has good closing skills and as mentioned, really long arms to break up passes. Ball skills are pretty obvious from his 10 INTs in 2 years (7 in 2019). Wouldn't necessarily count on him as a starter, but between Roberson, Toliver, Shelley and maybe an early 3rd day pick....the Bears should be able to get some decent production opposite Fuller.

I know he has the athletic ability based on his time on offense. Worst case, he should be a pretty good special teamer maybe even one with some return ability.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Good bang for the buck signing.

Prince is old and overpaid anyways.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This kid can play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fantastic,

Fuller, Tolliver, Skrine, Roberson, Shelley + Joseph vs the field....

one less need in the draft. Reminds me a little of Sherman.