Tarik Cohen salary triples

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears RB Tarik Cohen’s base salary for 2020 has jumped from $735,000 to $2.147 million, per NFLPA records. This is due to the “Proven Performance Escalator,” which is rewarded based on playing time for players drafted in Rounds 3-7 https://overthecap.com/proven-performance-escalator/

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one likes what I have to say about him. Trade him he’s useless.

Reactions: DC

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
its time to SHELL OUT THE BIG BUCKS FOR HIM!!!!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Think Cohen could really benefit from bringing back a veteran glue guy like Josh Bellamy. That could take some of the glue pressure off Cohen and allow him to focus on putting on some weight to prepare for all of his halfback dives next year.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, he has one bad year everyone is jumping ship.

The kid is utilized completely wrong in our offense, along with the offensive ineptitude what did we expect last season. He will 100% have a bonce back year in 2020. We can all agree it seems he was looking to hit the home run each touch though, that can be managed

greg23

Liked Posts:
That is still pretty cheap...

But I'm not a big fan of Cohen. I think our organization, especially our HC, overrates him.

This

Hes compared to tyreke hill but hes nothing like tyreke hill

Smaller
Slower
Not an actual wr
Not a goot route runner
Undersized as a rb, not a full time guy and should be utilized accordingly

He should be used as a change of pace rb
Passed to while coming out of the backfield
Motioned from the rb spot into the slot to try and create a mismatch vs lb

I just dont think he should be a guy we line up as one of the 3 wr.

That's said....we are woefully short on speed on offense and hes about the only speed guy we have. If pace does anything this offseason he needs to add speed guys at the wr, te, rb positions.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, he has one bad year everyone is jumping ship.

The kid is utilized completely wrong in our offense, along with the offensive ineptitude what did we expect last season. He will 100% have a bonce back year in 2020. We can all agree it seems he was looking to hit the home run each touch though, that can be managed
The kid is in the same offense

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My problem is that last season he was so damn inefficient. Giving him the ball was almost a negative when you consider how little they got out of it.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
In defense of Peewee Cohen, his speed and change of direction didn't just leave him, the blockers are what left him. The entire offense would give up after the play looked doomed. WR's would quit running routes and blockers never finished, all.year.long.... Also the playcalling was more predictable that John Foxball.
Cohen had waaaaay too many drops and missed opportunities, but damn I feel like the offense was on the field for about 2 hours all season with how ineffective everyone was...

Cohen1.jpg

msadows

Liked Posts:
In defense of Peewee Cohen, his speed and change of direction didn't just leave him, the blockers are what left him. The entire offense would give up after the play looked doomed. WR's would quit running routes and blockers never finished, all.year.long.... Also the playcalling was more predictable that John Foxball.
Cohen had waaaaay too many drops and missed opportunities, but damn I feel like the offense was on the field for about 2 hours all season with how ineffective everyone was...

Cohen1.jpg

Don't worry...It's all mitch's fault. Well, until we bring in another QB to scapegoat all of our offensive problems on.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting Legend posted that play where Cohen runs backwards at first. Often at first glance and rightfully so, fans think "that's stupid!". - It's absolutely a RISK!

Overall, they're correct that it's highly risky & unlikely to be successful because many teams don't block to the whistle! 19 Bears, sadly were one of those teams. Time & again, players DID give up early in plays, but if they did their damn job 100%, DM, Cohen, WRs, etc. would've had a chance to break into the next level. That play is 100% failure if the guys downfield give up early. The risk is worth a few yards to gain 40 if Cohen can consistently break 1 or 2 tackles then hit open field. It's NOT worth it if he does so, only to meet 3rd, 4th, & 5th tacklers immediately after (which is what happened in '19).

Run game is THE biggest example of lazy/shit blocking & giving up early. Cohen no doubt lost trust that plays like that return or even shooting N/S for a hole were worth the risk of getting shit-canned at the LOS like DM was play after play.

Everybody blames the ball-carrier, but blocking is key.