Derek Carr sends cryptic message to Bears

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I can’t see the raiders wanting Floyd though. They want a pure pass rusher to pair Key with.

Key is already pretty much a bust, Clelin Ferrell was the #4 pick last year and Max Crosby was great (10 sacks I think) as a 5th rounder. If they wanted Floyd it would be to play off the ball, but I don't think that will be Gruden's route.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Key is already pretty much a bust, Clelin Ferrell was the #4 pick last year and Max Crosby was great (10 sacks I think) as a 5th rounder. If they wanted Floyd it would be to play off the ball, but I don't think that will be Gruden's route.

It's a shame because floyd would florish in that system. Zone 4-3 with a lot of disguised blitzes. He could be one of the better SAM's in the league.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
It's a shame because floyd would florish in that system. Zone 4-3 with a lot of disguised blitzes. He could be one of the better SAM's in the league.
Yeah, I've been saying that for awhile. I think he fits perfectly in Lorenzo Alexander's old role in Buffalo.

dag54

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do trade for Carr and Trubisky gets traded, what is Trubisky's realistic trade value?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You'd be surprised.
No, I wouldn't.

You're talking about a guy who is mediocre at best and as as best case scenario in 2021 you're paying him like $28mil. At best you maybe get a 4th for him. He's a one year rental for cheap, then he becomes either 1. a bust or 2. very expensive. Not worth a second rounder.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have said this entire time there is no way the Bears go into next season with Trubisky as the main guy. Nagy cannot really take that chance.

I mean, he more than likely will be the main guy.

They will just have an emergency plan.

Carr more than likely isn't happening. Brady/Brees/Teddy def. aint happening. Rivers shouldn't happen.

We will grab one of Dalton/Mariotta/Keenum. Neither of them will make a considerable difference if mitch struggles. I don't consider any of those bums real competition.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, I wouldn't.

You're talking about a guy who is mediocre at best and as as best case scenario in 2021 you're paying him like $28mil. At best you maybe get a 4th for him. He's a one year rental for cheap, then he becomes either 1. a bust or 2. very expensive. Not worth a second rounder.

Miami just gave up a 2nd for Josh Rosen and he had probably the worst rookie campaign I've seen in a decade.

Some one will be willing to throw a second, trust me. You're talking about NFL GM's. There is plenty of stupid in an nfl front office.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We still won't know for at least another month. There will be a ton of speculation, but I'll be happy if we get someone. Whether or not we trade Trubisky himself will be interesting.

I'm certain Gruden doesn't want Trubisky. In a video back in '17 he scouted Trubisky and didn't like the accuracy on his deep ball - Pace missed that somehow. He was blinded by the Toyota he drove.

Trubisky also didn’t know what a hard count was

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Would rather have Nick Foles. Isn't Carr like 0-12 or something for his career in games under 40 degree weather?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do trade for Carr and Trubisky gets traded, what is Trubisky's realistic trade value?

Ask yourself, if he was on another team, what would you be willing to give up for him? 7 300 yard passing games in his career. I wouldn't trade more than a 5th round pick for him. He has no value.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Miami just gave up a 2nd for Josh Rosen and he had probably the worst rookie campaign I've seen in a decade.

Some one will be willing to throw a second, trust me. You're talking about NFL GM's. There is plenty of stupid in an nfl front office.
How many years was left on rosen’s deal?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love the skill set. Don't know if he's got the intangibles. Worth a shot is the price isn't too high. That said, he'd be kinda useless behind this OL.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Rosen had 3 years left on his rookie deal with a 5th year option because he was traded just one year after being drafted. So there was more unseen potential there.

By contrast, Trubisky has a single year left on the deal, you would have to decide whether to pick up his 5th year option and even if he has a good year you are then immediately faced with the idea of potentially losing him or paying him a fuck ton at a time where the new CBA is likely to remove the franchise tag.

In short, he is not worth as much as Rosen IMO because the decision on whether to pay him big money or not has to be made sooner with him than with Rosen.