Derek Carr sends cryptic message to Bears

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Miami just gave up a 2nd for Josh Rosen and he had probably the worst rookie campaign I've seen in a decade.

Some one will be willing to throw a second, trust me. You're talking about NFL GM's. There is plenty of stupid in an nfl front office.

The gamble is worth it for three years at back up pay. For one year, no.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ask yourself, if he was on another team, what would you be willing to give up for him? 7 300 yard passing games in his career. I wouldn't trade more than a 5th round pick for him. He has no value.
Adams Jahns pondered the question if Trubisky could be included in the deal to acquire Carr. Trubisky does have more value than a 5th rd pick.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Adams Jahns pondered the question if Trubisky could be included in the deal to acquire Carr. Trubisky does have more value than a 5th rd pick.

Why does the first sentence lead to the second sentence? Or are they separate points?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dumping Mitch doesn't solidify the Qb position. It puts us in the same old situation which is .....just handing the Qb position to a guy without competition and NOT having to worry about losing his job ( the cutler syndrome) .

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I know it is a different player and a different front office, but I still have PTSD from the last trade we did for a "former probowl QB who just needed a new surroundings" in Cutler. I think mentally Carr is better than Cutler, but it still seems like a huge "put all your chips in the middle" move for the team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Dumping Mitch doesn't solidify the Qb position. It puts us in the same old situation which is .....just handing the Qb position to a guy without competition and NOT having to worry about losing his job ( the cutler syndrome) .

Don't worry, the next QB will fail too and then we can forget about mitch and bitch about the next one.

coolio

Liked Posts:
If the bears go after Derek Carr I expect Trubisky to be traded not even brought in

As much as I don’t like Mitch Carr is a QB who can’t succeed without a run game either, and atleast Mitch will run for first down sometimes

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Chicity is absurd with how little they value mitch.

I would bet there are multiple NFL GM's out there who are still in love with mitch as a prospect.
Agree, he is still a young QB and QBs always bring back more in return. Some GM would take a chance.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. I read here that Carr sucks in cold weather and isn't worth shit only like a few weeks ago!!
Guess we need to win before it gets cold lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
Separate points.

Leonard Williams got a 3rd and 4th but mitch can't get a 2nd, just because his contract is about to expire. Ohh wait, so is Williams.

Mohamud Sanu's old mediocre ass can net a 2nd, but mitch can't just because CCS has a vendetta against him. Ohh, his contract expires in 2020.

I'd list more, I'm sure there are more, but those are the two at the deadline that I remember.

Trust me, there are always NFL GM's who think they can redeem a bust project.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I know it is a different player and a different front office, but I still have PTSD from the last trade we did for a "former probowl QB who just needed a new surroundings" in Cutler. I think mentally Carr is better than Cutler, but it still seems like a huge "put all your chips in the middle" move for the team.

Exactly.....I think it might be something or some edict with ownership....not sure.

But you get the point. We never put ourselves in a situation where we have a hungry, back-up Qb ready to come in and play lights out, when the starter proves to be inadequate. Yeah....."mentally Carr is better than Cutler"

Don't worry, the next QB will fail too and then we can forget about mitch and bitch about the next one.

Right and that's the definition of both insanity and never developing Qb's.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Leonard Williams got a 3rd and 4th but mitch can't get a 2nd, just because his contract is about to expire. Ohh wait, so is Williams.

Mohamud Sanu's old mediocre ass can net a 2nd, but mitch can't just because CCS has a vendetta against him. Ohh, his contract expires in 2020.

I'd list more, I'm sure there are more, but those are the two at the deadline that I remember.

Trust me, there are always NFL GM's who think they can redeem a bust project.
Well for one the Bears aren't going to trade Mitch at the deadline in this scenario, they're going to trade him after they trade for Derek Carr.

For two no one is going to trade for Mitch as the last piece in their super bowl puzzle like was the idea with Sanu. And Mitch hasn't been an elite player at his position like Williams - also Williams was a third and likely a 5th the following year, which is usually valued as a 6th this year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chicity is absurd with how little they value mitch.

I would bet there are multiple NFL GM's out there who are still in love with mitch as a prospect.
Nah you're just a homer for him. Mitch is being labeled as one of the worst QB'S in the league and yet you think other GM'S would want him?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nah you're just a homer for him. Mitch is being labeled as one of the worst QB'S in the league and yet you think other GM'S would want him?

Yes, because im sure there are plenty who think they can salvage a former #2 overall pick. There always is a team or two like that.

I know this is CCS, so pace was the only one even mildly interested in Mitch in that 2017 draft, but I'm willing to bet there are still plenty of GM's willing to kick the tires.

I'm not a homer for mitch, I'm a realist. I've watched all of his tape, college and bears included very closely. I think the issue is most of you think he's much much worse than he really is.

There are not too many QB's in the nfl that would have succeeded under center for the bears last year. That's why its laughable you all are talking about scrubs like dalton.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Miami just gave up a 2nd for Josh Rosen and he had probably the worst rookie campaign I've seen in a decade.

Some one will be willing to throw a second, trust me. You're talking about NFL GM's. There is plenty of stupid in an nfl front office.
Stop. If you can't see the the difference between rosen's situation and trubisky's then you can not be helped. Nobody here is "trusting you". Sorry.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stop. If you can't see the the difference between rosen's situation and trubisky's then you can not be helped. Nobody here is "trusting you". Sorry.

True, one put up 27 TD's to 12 ints in a season, the other had quite possibly the worst first year in the last decade.

msadows

Liked Posts:
One at one point showed promise.

The other one showed the other team the end zone.