Geno Stone - SS - IOWA

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Day 3-4 pick at this point. He can be the Amos to Eddie Jackson except better because he can intercept the ball. Not the most athletic safety so he's going to slide. Dude made plays like below all over the field this year. This is my #IowaHawkeye pick for the season.

giphy.gif

jbd

Liked Posts:
This would be a potentially great get...not sure he lasts that long tho..dude can definitely play!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If a run on TE and WR happens in the 3rd, he may fall to the 4th, which we, hopefully, get as Comp pick. If we can pick him up on the 4th, then do it!

Other scenario, Pace trades the 2nd pick for a later 2nd and a 3rd and gets him plus a U TE, then yeah.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If a run on TE and WR happens in the 3rd, he may fall to the 4th, which we, hopefully, get as Comp pick. If we can pick him up on the 4th, then do it!

Other scenario, Pace trades the 2nd pick for a later 2nd and a 3rd and gets him plus a U TE, then yeah.
I think his draft position will largely be dictated on his testing at the combine. He's probably a 3rd rounder right now. If he tests well, he could move up. I think his 40 time may be to slow and turn some teams off making him drop. That's the hope anyways.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace will get a SS in FA. History shows that he will fill all needs with some type of free agent and then be opportunistic in the draft. I would imagine if a 2nd or 3rd round talent is available in round 4 Pace would draft him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's an impressive play. He initially back pedals and then cuts thru the blockers. Not a good playcalling on 3rd & 9 but if he doesn't make that play, it's a 1st down. very bob sanders-esque play

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
JR Reed

Another guy I've been watching as a potential Day 3 safety pick. Strong tackler, excels playing man coverage or in the box. Isn't a deep zone coverage guy, but that's what Eddie Jackson is best at. Cheap, young draft pick that might be able to fill that SS role for this defense.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
JR Reed

Another guy I've been watching as a potential Day 3 safety pick. Strong tackler, excels playing man coverage or in the box. Isn't a deep zone coverage guy, but that's what Eddie Jackson is best at. Cheap, young draft pick that might be able to fill that SS role for this defense.
Fuck you. This is the Iowa Day 3 Safety thread.

Just kidding lol.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see threads about specific players and really don't want to make new threads about each specific guy I've been reading up on. So, I just kinda add them in to not clog up the forum with my bs research on players, who probably aren't what Pace/Nagy are looking at.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see threads about specific players and really don't want to make new threads about each specific guy I've been reading up on. So, I just kinda add them in to not clog up the forum with my bs research on players, who probably aren't what Pace/Nagy are looking at.
Yeah, that's cool dude. I really just wanted my #calledit on Stone documented when he turns out to be really good.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agreed with another poster, in the Brycen Hopkins thread, that my lower round TE unless he blows up between now and the draft is Devin Asiasi from UCLA. Devin Asiasi

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure as hell hope some of these high potential lower draft picks are around where Pace seems to be 'more savvy'

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And putting Fast Eddie at FS where he belongs and can roam and cover is icing on the cake.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agreed with another poster, in the Brycen Hopkins thread, that my lower round TE unless he blows up between now and the draft is Devin Asiasi from UCLA. Devin Asiasi
Watched the video in your link. I'd be pretty happy with any of the guys mentioned. Harrison Bryant, Asiasi, or Thad Moss.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Man, Stone reminds me a LOT of Adrian Amos in his style of play. He's a little shorter and his length is concerning, but Iowa players have a tendency to outperform their draft slot.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He fits the mold, lack of athleticism but instinctive tackler. Probably a 7th rounder. He is like the 250th ranked prospect.