Best Value Free Agent QBs

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Video with Brett Kollman talking free agent QBs. Lot of Bears talk around 12-13 minutes in.

Too Long... Did Not Watch.....

They really like the Dalton/Bears fit more than the typical CCS poster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dalton could be a decent system QB and he's willing to take risks downfield which is important in this O. He may actually be better here than he was for the Bengals but I just never cared for him as a destination. Didn't watch the vid but and as much as I'd rather ride Mitch at the start of the season, Dalton would still be a premier backup.

The only way I see that happening is if he gets cut and signed after clearing waivers. No one claims that salary for a backup but getting him as a relatively high paid FA backup wouldn't bother me a bit. Only way he gets claimed or traded for that salary is as a starter, even if it's just as a placeholder for a drafted QB. Better than Glennon.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
$18m just aint happening here.
Especially not for him. I would probably be down with car for 18 mil but even then this really hurts filling the holes. The most practical signing would be keenum @5 mil to replace chase and if we get lucky with a falling qb in the draft go for it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The repeated mantra, I keep hearing...
Improve the line play, add a tight end, and improve playcalling and get average QB play out of an added QB and with the Bears defense the Bears can contend.

FFS, Trubisky had a 95 (16th) passer rating when the Bears had a TE that could get 100+ yards receiving for a season, a run game that wasn't 30th in y/a, and a playcaller that didn't insist on rushing a midget between the tackles 52% of the time after doing it an already inadvisable 35% of the time the previous season.

Trubisky is full capable of average in a non repugnant offense, that is why bringing in an old expensive average QB is fucking stupid.
Pace either needs to bring in a 4th-7th yr guy he feels is ready to up his game or just draft a worty guy that he feels has big upside in the 4th or 5th and roll with MT for one last shot.

Who the fuck cares about a 10-6/Wild Card exit Andy Dalton led season any more than an 8-8 season? Anyone thinking AD provides anything more...LTFOL.

In short, chance of a Andy Dalton led SB win is Dilfer-esque and this defense is not the 2000 Ravens.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
C.Keenum is my #1 free agent QB out there if he can be had for the $3.5 he made last year.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't this an oxymoron?, as if they are available then they aren't good value!?

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
Dalton could be a decent system QB and he's willing to take risks downfield which is important in this O. He may actually be better here than he was for the Bengals but I just never cared for him as a destination. Didn't watch the vid but and as much as I'd rather ride Mitch at the start of the season, Dalton would still be a premier backup.

The only way I see that happening is if he gets cut and signed after clearing waivers. No one claims that salary for a backup but getting him as a relatively high paid FA backup wouldn't bother me a bit. Only way he gets claimed or traded for that salary is as a starter, even if it's just as a placeholder for a drafted QB. Better than Glennon.
Question is. Are dalton and Trubisky better than chase? Yes for both of them. So at the very least they would upgrade the backup qb position. Just don’t want them to give up too much to get him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Improve the line play, add a tight end, and improve playcalling and get average QB play out of an added QB and with the Bears defense the Bears can contend.

FFS, Trubisky had a 95 (16th) passer rating when the Bears had a TE that could get 100+ yards receiving for a season, a run game that wasn't 30th in y/a, and a playcaller that didn't insist on rushing a midget between the tackles 52% of the time after doing it an already inadvisable 35% of the time the previous season.

Trubisky is full capable of average in a non repugnant offense, that is why bringing in an old expensive average QB is fucking stupid.
Pace either needs to bring in a 4th-7th yr guy he feels is ready to up his game or just draft a worty guy that he feels has big upside in the 4th or 5th and roll with MT for one last shot.

Who the fuck cares about a 10-6/Wild Card exit Andy Dalton led season any more than an 8-8 season? Anyone thinking AD provides anything more...LTFOL.

In short, chance of a Andy Dalton led SB win is Dilfer-esque and this defense is not the 2000 Ravens.

We get it. You want the Bears to go down in flames with Trubisky to the bitter end.

Maybe Pace won't get a top FA, and we can watch another mind numbing 16 games of boring football lead by a QB who cannot process the game.

Oh joy!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Video with Brett Kollman talking free agent QBs. Lot of Bears talk around 12-13 minutes in.

Too Long... Did Not Watch.....

They really like the Dalton/Bears fit more than the typical CCS poster.

If they like Dalton.....does it matter. It means they don't understand the Bear needs or the proper Qb fit for our O.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dalton isn’t good and definitely isn’t good enough to mask the holes @ol te rb wr etc. so 18 mil on dalton we are sacrificing signing 3 players at our other significant holes on this team.

CO-SIGN !!!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Doesn’t matter what Trubisky “can” do. He has yet to play a full season. Bears need to sign a good vet that can actually fucking play, not just a clipboard holder. . .
When Trubisky literally refuses to run or throw down field or gets hurt, Pace needs a vet that can step in and help keep his job.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
If they like Dalton.....does it matter. It means they don't understand the Bear needs or the proper Qb fit for our O.

it's a sign how desperate Pace and Nagy has become as they are coming to the realization Mitch is a BUST

the new OC, Lazor who worked with Dalton must believe mitch is a bust too....

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think Dalton is a good player, but why wouldn't he be a fit for the offense?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
it's a sign how desperate Pace and Nagy has become as they are coming to the realization Mitch is a BUST

the new OC, Lazor who worked with Dalton must believe mitch is a bust too....

Yes desperation, exactly!

Ok...so a couple things here. 1) I like Mitch's mobility ( I've said it from day 1). Nagy needs to USE that mobility. Period.

2) Yeah, I get it Lazor wants to cape for Dalton, bcuz of the past relations, but Dalton doesn't fit here......our lack of a good pass blocking OL, says he doesn't fit. If Dalton comes here it's gonna be another useless waste of $$$$$......like with Glennon. ?

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think Dalton is a good player, but why wouldn't he be a fit for the offense?

see>>>>>#17

BUT since like u and have referenced your quotes here.

I'll answer directly.........

Dalton is not mobile. He can't extend plays and be a play-maker like Mitch can. Our OL dictates that Dalton is a bad fit. When Mitch has won and done well....it's cuz he's used his mobility .

dennehy

Liked Posts:
see>>>>>#17

BUT since like u and have referenced your quotes here.

I'll answer directly.........

Dalton is not mobile. He can't extend plays and be a play-maker like Mitch can. Our OL dictates that Dalton is a bad fit. When Mitch has won and done well....it's cuz he's used his mobility .

Dalton is more mobile than average. And what I mean is a fit for the offensive system - or isn't that what you meant?

Who would be a good fit among the free agents?