Bears sign OLB Robert Quinn 5 years 70 million

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, does this take Pace out of the Teddy market with his salary?

probably a back loaded deal for Quinn...guaranteed money may actually be less than Floyd this year

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He is there to provide some pressure off Hicks and Mack....
Front 4 should be very good.

The issue you'll have is age. Quinn will be 30, Hicks will be 31 and the baby of the group being Mack will be 29. You guys are certainly in 'win now' mode, but then again that was probably a foregone conclusion when you signed Graham.

Anyway, I'm now expecting a big splash at QB. No way you are spending this much on aging players then fully leaving yourself exposed at QB for any hicups that happen with Mitch. Thinking Cam, Bridgewater or Foles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it takes us out of the Teddy and Carr and Cam market. I don't think Bears have space for those contracts.

Bears are clearly going for it NOW. They can restructure Mack and sign whoever they want.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are clearly going for it NOW. They can restructure Mack and sign whoever they want.
Plus the 30% rule is gone. So they can make the contracts blow up after year 1.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace doing what he does best, finding proven talent and strengthening the bears strength while completely ignoring the big issue and weaknesses.

cant wait to watch them lose games where they hold the opponents to 10 points.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I actually love this move. You're getting a value because of his injuries. If he had been healthy, he'd be at 120 million or so. And given the short term commitment and the production he could have, I am happy.

I'll say it again, I don't think they were ever targeting a QB. They intend to trade up into the first and snag one