How would you feel about Jameis Winston?

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
I would love to have Jameis Winston.

20+ INT's in a season is a right of passage for an Arians QB when they are learning the system. Arians does not care about INT's. He wants his QB's throwing into a tight coverage and taking shots even if covered. If the WR has the correct leverage he wants you to throw into the bracket and believes its on the WR to catch and shield the safety. He does not want his QB's scared to make mistakes.

You learn how to attack under Arians. That is the hardest trait to learn for a QB. He believes QB's are naturally too timid. He actually coaches them to be overaggressive then helps them back off. Its hard to teach a guy to throw downfield. Throwing for 5000 yards is impressive. All these QB's underArians ended up having monster seasons without the high INTs after they learned how to attack defenses. All of them gave Arians credit for teaching them. Manning, Big Ben, Carson Palmer, Luck..

People think Peyton Manning was a 50TD, 2INT QB his entire career. Manning had a 26TD, 23INT year in his 4th season. He had a 19INT season in his 5th year. He was still trying to figure out how to throw downfield on defenses early in his career. Winston has only played for 5 years and just recently with an aggressive coach.

Winston has just been trained by the best and heading into his prime. Huge upside. The Bears could reap the benefits without having to endure the annoying training.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We don’t have the money. Do we?

I dont believe the news have gone out how the deals for Graham/Quinn were structured.

We currently have 29.4m before FA begins.

Depends on how those deals are structured, and how you would structure his deal.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For dabears70, my point I was trying to prove is that no bears QB has ever thrown as many TD's as Winston has.

Since you're slow, I spelled it out for you.

Weird how nobody cared but you still carried on like people do....Hmmmmmm.

:nelson:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Bruh, he threw 33 tds last year.

Who's the last bears qb who ever did that.

I'm waiting.

I'll be waiting forever.

Hint: The record is 29.

Who cares if his record constantly blows due to the record number of turnovers on his part!

the bucs just let him go! Go watch them, you deserve it

Monster

Liked Posts:
A strange issue with him is he played solid on the toad but terrible at home. Maybe a change of venue does him good... I don’t know.
What I do know is I’m not looking forward to another year watching MT.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nobody cares about my personal fandom.. but since you mentioned it. Ill just say yeah... I kind of wanted a longer respite after Cutler.. of disdain for our main Bear player. It's probly why I could retain some optimism for Trubes despite agonizingly errant passes last year.. simply because I was so ready for a classy guy, who is well loved and great teammate etc. I cant stand idiots/scumbags like Winston. So for that reason I wouldnt be happy. I dont even know on a talent level how I feel.. I just cant get there cuz I dont want another QB that I simply dont like. My preference I guess would be Alex Smith.. Carr.. both seem like they accurate enough that with our defense we would be relevant. Trubes .. id love for him to turn it around but im pretty skeptical. Those passes.. man.. I just didnt get it. He was pretty accurate at UNC.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id rather give Trubisky one last shot than bring in someone like Jameis who would only be marginally better. If Trubisky had Evans, Godwin and Howard and just threw jump balls somewhat in the receiver's vicinity, he'd have more yards, TDs and INTs too.

Bringing in another QB is going to create divide in the locker room, especially with someone having Jameis' goofball personality. If you're going to do it, bring in someone significantly better so there's no question who the starter is, or don't do it at all.

Ive never liked Jameis, I've seen him quit in too many games when things weren't going the Bucs' way. Perfect example, the year before last when he came back to replace Fitzmagic at Soldier Field.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rather trade up to get Herbert. The way he threw in combine was effortless. Would rather fit a rookie QB into your system rather than a vet average QB who had minimal to no success.

If then Bears are taking a flyer on vet. QB , I prefer Cam because he did achieve some success.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Rather trade up to get Herbert. The way he threw in combine was effortless. Would rather fit an rookie QB into your system rather than a vet average QB who had minimal to no success.

If then Bears are taking a flyer on vet. QB , I refer Cam because he did achieve some success.
Lmfao. We have nothing to trade up with.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Cam is the clear and obvious choice. He instantly makes us better. Only 30 and if his body is right it’s a huge upgrade over trubisky.

I don’t want another turnover machine like cutler by signing Winston and I don’t want to give up draft pics for Dalton or Foles at all!

Winston is a favorite of Gruden I can see the Raiders making a run at him and teaming him with Mariota and letting the best man win the job. Gruden doesn't

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
If 55 year old Philip Rivers can get a 1 year, 25 million dollar deal...well you know