Free Agency news - 2020

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It isn’t easy.

Even you have to admit that he likely fired himself today.

His job is in the hands of either Nick Foles or Mitch Trubisky. If doesn’t get average QB play from one of those guys he will likely be fired.

I don’t have worries about Foles playing average. And there’s still the draft and the rest of free agency so Trubisky isn’t a lock. As to likely firing himself today I couldn’t disagree more. I’m excited about where this team is going.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
WTF are you talking about? When did i ever say O'Brien couldn't of got a 1st for Hopkins dummy? I hated that trade for Houston just like the rest of the world.

Now again, how do you know that Pace is a terrible negotiator? Please just give a solid answer. You think being a GM is simple. Like just because you want Pace to be able to trade Floyd that it should automatically be able to be done. I promise you it's not as easy as sitting on a message board and coming up with trades that you think are good so that means it could be done...lol. It's amazing how you think the work of a GM is easy.

Your premise was that it was laughable to think Pace couldnt figure how to get something for Floyd so I gave you an obvious example of a GM not getting full value for a player ie the Hopkins trade. That proves that it is in fact possible for a GM not to get full value for a player.

As for Pace being a terrible negotiator, he gave Glennon 18 million guaranteed. He gave a special teamer 5 million a year. He gave a TE with less than 300 yards receiving 22 million guaranteed. He gave another TE with less than 300 yards 13 million. He just gave Graham 16 million a year.

The dude routinely overpays and not even for elite talent.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Your premise was that it was laughable to think Pace couldnt figure how to get something for Floyd so I gave you an obvious example of a GM not getting full value for a player ie the Hopkins trade. That proves that it is in fact possible for a GM not to get full value for a player.

As for Pace being a terrible negotiator, he gave Glennon 18 million guaranteed. He gave a special teamer 5 million a year. He gave a TE with less than 300 yards receiving 22 million guaranteed. He gave another TE with less than 300 yards 13 million. He just gave Graham 16 million a year.

The dude routinely overpays and not even for elite talent.

In the end game all that counts is win / loss. Bears make it to the playoffs in 2020 no one is going to care and Pace will have earned himself job security.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
With the news from Adam Jahns and Da Bears Blog today, it does not sound that Trubisky will be a Bear next season. This is what I kind have predicted as well. we will see what happens.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's being decided tonight by UEFA but latest reports are that there will be no football in Europe until September. The other two major sports in the UK are done until August, confirmed and one of them is a summer sport like baseball.

The fact that people are still talking about training camps etc is just because the reality of the situation hasn't dawned on people properly yet.

Basketball is about to start back up in China. Baseball is getting ready to start in South Korea and Japan. Most viruses start to diminish quickly once the weather warms up. However, common sense doesn’t provide the ratings that are generated by mass hysteria.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Basketball is about to start back up in China. Baseball is getting ready to start in South Korea and Japan. Most viruses start to diminish quickly once the weather warms up. However, common sense doesn’t provide the ratings that are generated by mass hysteria.

China has already been locked dowm for a while and their new cases were declining. Korea had its first case same time as US but has tested 274k people compared to only 25k for US.

By contrast New York has 2632 cases as 1,008 cases poppped up over night.

In short, this is a terrible comparison as US cases still growing rapidly compared to China and Korea.

Not to mention the official federal plan said it could last 18 months or longer. Dont think the media developed the federal plan.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace is the type who would pay full price on a used car with over 100k miles on it because he doesn't feel like haggling

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
China has already been locked dowm for a while and their new cases were declining. Korea had its first case same time as US but has tested 274k people compared to only 25k for US.

By contrast New York has 2632 cases as 1,008 cases poppped up over night.

In short, this is a terrible comparison as US cases still growing rapidly compared to China and Korea.

Not to mention the official federal plan said it could last 18 months or longer. Dont think the media developed the federal plan.
A football season is unlikely at this point. You are right, they are saying this could last 18 months or longer. I don't think people are realizing that (people keep dismissing it, those same people are the ones responsible for the deaths of other people). Schools are not re-opening. I have been on conference calls where they have said this and there is other information that I have heard from people at the very top to prepare for the worst. This is from a friend, some of the information they told me to prepare for is "eye opening - scary". Even if there is a football season somehow, it will be a shortened season.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It is just pathetic that Pace can't trade Floyd when Floyd immediately signs a deal that may be worth his exact 13.5 million but yet has to give up a 4th for a QB with minimal long term upside. He is just terrible at negotiating. Overpays a lot and can't get anyone to do so for any of his assets.
What is worse is that everybody now knows that Pace can be easily fooled into overpaying.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t have worries about Foles playing average. And there’s still the draft and the rest of free agency so Trubisky isn’t a lock. As to likely firing himself today I couldn’t disagree more. I’m excited about where this team is going.

You should take a deeper dive into Foles time away from Philly and his regular season production in Philly.

Not the same magical big dick Nick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With the news from Adam Jahns and Da Bears Blog today, it does not sound that Trubisky will be a Bear next season. This is what I kind have predicted as well. we will see what happens.

What did Jahns say?