Free Agency news - 2020

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You should take a deeper dive into Foles time away from Philly and his regular season production in Philly.

Not the same magical big dick Nick.

we brought in all his old coaches and a Trey is here as well. Ship him in a few cheesteaks and he’ll be fine.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
China has already been locked dowm for a while and their new cases were declining. Korea had its first case same time as US but has tested 274k peopleB
A football season is unlikely at this point. You are right, they are saying this could last 18 months or longer. I don't think people are realizing that (people keep dismissing it, those same people are the ones responsible for the deaths of other people). Schools are not re-opening. I have been on conference calls where they have said this and there is other information that I have heard from people at the very top to prepare for the worst. This is from a friend, some of the information they told me to prepare for is "eye opening - scary". Even if there is a football season somehow, it will be a shortened season.

You’re being briefed from people “at the very top?” “Very top” of the government? “Very top”of the CDC? “Very top” of the corporate world?

There were numerous people claiming that they were “briefed” by the government spreading false information all over the internet Sunday about events that were supposed to transpire today.

Also, I’m sure the government has many contingency plans and scenarios that they are contemplating and modeling. That’s their job.

I refuse to panic and get caught up in the hysteria. I always practice good hygiene and I am especially diligent during flu season.

The sad thing about this situation is some people are finally realizing that basic hygiene and common sense can help stop the spread of disease. Before the restaurants were closed, they were actually cleaning the floors and hard surfaces in a manner that should be the norm at all times.

I hope when this passes that people do not become complacent and revert to old habits.
Without the fear of a virus like Covid 19, people should still be concerned about not passing the flu or other diseases to anyone and especially our older and most susceptible members of society.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You’re being briefed from people “at the very top?” “Very top” of the government? “Very top”of the CDC? “Very top” of the corporate world?

There were numerous people claiming that they were “briefed” by the government spreading false information all over the internet Sunday about events that were supposed to transpire today.

Also, I’m sure the government has many contingency plans and scenarios that they are contemplating and modeling. That’s their job.

I refuse to panic and get caught up in the hysteria. I always practice good hygiene and I am especially diligent during flu season.

The sad thing about this situation is some people are finally realizing that basic hygiene and common sense can help stop the spread of disease. Before the restaurants were closed, they were actually cleaning the floors and hard surfaces in a manner that should be the norm at all times.

I hope when this passes that people do not become complacent and revert to old habits.
Without the fear of a virus like Covid 19, people should still be concerned about not passing the flu or other diseases to anyone and especially our older and most susceptible members of society.

The federal plan was shared with policymakers on same day Trump declared a national emergency.

No one said to panic. I just think it is silly to try and blame the media for reporting on a global pandemic as if this isnt a cause for concern. Greedy billionaires dont just close up shop because the media said so. They do it because shit is real.

Anyways FA thread so wont belabor the point.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I don’t mind the trade. The key here for me is scheme/familiarity. He has connections to Nagy, DeFilippo, and Lazor. With everything that is going on, who knows if the season will be delayed, hell, if there will even be training camp. Foles can literally come in and probably master the playbook better than Mitch within a week. Hard to put a dollar value on that, but it matters. They’re both probably gone after this season anyway. Draft a QB if one falls, or wait until 2021 to get one in the first round (Justin Fields).

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Sorry if this was already posted...

Kevin Pierre-Louis: $3.45 million for one year

NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport tweets Washington is signing Kevin Pierre-Louis to fill one of its linebacker spots. The contract is worth a reported $3.45 million for one year, which could put the Bears in line for a compensatory pick in 2021 (Over the Cap is already projecting that it will)Google

I probably would have paid him that to be backup MLB. But wouldn't have been fair to KPL. Trevathan is only $7/yr..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
]

The federal plan was shared with policymakers on same day Trump declared a national emergency.

No one said to panic. I just think it is silly to try and blame the media for reporting on a global pandemic as if this isnt a cause for concern. Greedy billionaires dont just close up shop because the media said so. They do it because shit is real.

Anyways FA thread so wont belabor the point.

That would be a first.

I read that on the New York Times site today. It has nothing to do with the bullshit that was being spread around the internet Sunday by people that had “briefings” with the government.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

@nc0gnet0
Not surprised in the least.......Love Slay, but not for 17-18 mil a year. Had a monster year in 2017, been on the decline a little bit since. Be curious to see what pick the Lions get in return. I would be happy with getting the Eagles 1st and 4th, and the Lions giving up their 2nd plus Slay.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not surprised in the least.......Love Slay, but not for 17-18 mil a year. Had a monster year in 2017, been on the decline a little bit since. Be curious to see what pick the Lions get in return. I would be happy with getting the Eagles 1st and 4th, and the Lions giving up their 2nd plus Slay.

The Lions want to get rid of him because they don’t want to pay him big money. That would be a great trade for the Lions if the Eagles include a 1st.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think yall get a 2nd round pick at best

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
With the news from Adam Jahns and Da Bears Blog today, it does not sound that Trubisky will be a Bear next season. This is what I kind have predicted as well. we will see what happens.
I really don't see this happening. s What could Pace get for Trubisky? A 4th at best? That would be admitting a complete whiff when a HOFer and a very good QB were staring you in the face. If he would trade Trubisky and then he figured it out, that would be even worse.

Foles at $15M isn't being brought in as a backup, but more an equal opportunity competitor. Pace would like nothing more than for the light to turn on for MT and Foles become an overpaid insurance policy, but he also wants to protect against the possibility of a "Chase Daniel" being the only alternative to a floundering Trubisky.

If you are done with Trubisky you go big after your next " franchise" QB, you don't renegotiate with Nick Foles so that his contract is essentially a 1 yr deal that either party can opt out of.

This shouts IT'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP time.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lions want to get rid of him because they don’t want to pay him big money. That would be a great trade for the Lions if the Eagles include a 1st.
A lot of moving pieces to hard to be upset at this point, if they pulled that trade off (or something similar) and then traded down in the first with Miami for even more picks and still picked up Okadah, They would be much better off. They would then get 10 mill more cap space, maybe take a one year flyer on Clowney..........

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think yall get a 2nd round pick at best
What I outlined was essentially a 2nd rounder. Just a high second, Problem with the Eagles second rounder is it is pick number 53, which is too low. Lions would be getting the Eagles number 21 &146 picks, and giving them back number 35. Of course if a player from the Eagles is included in this deal, changes everything.......

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't see this happening. s What could Pace get for Trubisky? A 4th at best? That would be admitting a complete whiff when a HOFer and a very good QB were staring you in the face. If he would trade Trubisky and then he figured it out, that would be even worse.

Foles at $15M isn't being brought in as a backup, but more an equal opportunity competitor. Pace would like nothing more than for the light to turn on for MT and Foles become an overpaid insurance policy, but he also wants to protect against the possibility of a "Chase Daniel" being the only alternative to a floundering Trubisky.

If you are done with Trubisky you go big after your next " franchise" QB, you don't renegotiate with Nick Foles so that his contract is essentially a 1 yr deal that either party can opt out of.

This shouts IT'S PUT UP OR SHUT UP time.

My bet is your going to see MT start the beginning of the year, in the "run Mitch run" 2018 version. When/If he gets hurt, in steps Foles.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well hell I was way off....

Not surprising, he had his worst year last year and needs a new contract. Trufant is a terrible CB too. He was burnt toast the 2 years in Atlanta, ask @PrideisBears

This looks like Okudah is the 3rd pick unless y'all trade down.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not surprising, he had his worst year last year and needs a new contract. Trufant is a terrible CB too. He was burnt toast the 2 years in Atlanta, ask @PrideisBears

This looks like Okudah is the 3rd pick unless y'all trade down.
I was hoping for a top 15 second rounder, or equivalent value, so can't say I am happy with this trade. Not sure how the whole "point system" works out, but what I laid out should have equated to that. Instead it appears they got a mid third in value........Not sure I would want Slay for 3 years at 16.5 mil a year. As for Trufant........I can't say I honestly know much about him, I see most places giving the pickup a high rating? I think(hope) your right about Okaduh. Also be curious to see what they do with the 10 mil in additional cap the Lions just picked up. Probably some more Patriots casts offs as Quin and Pace compete for worst GM in the league.......

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
following the Slay trade.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It isn’t easy.

Even you have to admit that he likely fired himself today.

His job is in the hands of either Nick Foles or Mitch Trubisky. If doesn’t get average QB play from one of those guys he will likely be fired.

I wouldn't have a problem admitting it if i 100% thought it were true but i'm not sure he's costed himself his job with the moves he's made. The J.Graham signing is the biggest fucking head scratching signing for me that he's done so far since he's been our GM but i also realize it's still gonna come down to what Jimmy does next year to say if the signing was good or bad. I don't mind the Foles signing as much as many do after they reworked his contract and Foles can opt out after each of the 1st two years and if he does win the job and play well enough to get us to the playoffs then paying him (i think it's like $15 or $18 mil or some shit like that) that kind of money will be a deal.

To tell the truth i haven't even 100% given up on Trubisky. I'm not feeling good about him which i've made clear on here but i'm not gonna throw in the towel until i see how the rest of his time with us plays out. We knew he was green as hell when we drafted him and that he was gonna take time but his regression from 2018 to 2019 is a bad look but i'm still watching and hoping for the kid to get it right.

This isn't me being a Pace homer (even though i am) this is me being realistic and hoping things can turn around for Trubisky.