Gonna be a great 2020 season

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
I don’t know about anyone else but I am ecstatic that we have a Super Bowl winning MVP quarterback who is going to be the starter for our Chicago Bears this upcoming season.

Mitchell is not going to be our starter. I honestly don’t think pace and company pay Nick Foles $20 million to coach Mitch and ride the pine.
The coaching staff needs to stop running the ball out of shotgun and let the line be the road graders they were in 2018. David Montgomery is more than capable of handling the full-time load and with a quarterback who can actually make reasonable every day throws and get first downs we will be a very formidable team. For Christ sake we were the worst offense in football and we still went 8-8. Hicks was hurt, Trevathan was hurt, Floyd couldn’t get to the quarterback to save his life and because of a lack in quarterback pressures our safeties didn’t have the turnover production we had in 2018.
With the defense healthy this year and a real SS who allows Eddie Jackson to thrive as a ball hawk And Quinn on the other side of Mack making opposing quarterbacks run for their lives we won’t need an offense to be top-five we just need competent reliable play that doesn’t allow a defense to rush 4 and play the pass with seven back every down.
With an easier schedule and better production from the offense I firmly believe were a at worst 9-7 and at best 13-3ish + or - a game or so. Anyone not super excited for this upcoming season has the blinders on and you really need to take them off because it’s going to be an awesome ride Bear Down for life.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don’t know about anyone else but I am ecstatic that we have a Super Bowl winning MVP quarterback who is going to be the starter for our Chicago Bears this upcoming season.

Mitchell is not going to be our starter. I honestly don’t think pace and company pay Nick Foles $20 million to coach Mitch and ride the pine.
The coaching staff needs to stop running the ball out of shotgun and let the line be the road graders they were in 2018. David Montgomery is more than capable of handling the full-time load and with a quarterback who can actually make reasonable every day throws and get first downs we will be a very formidable team. For Christ sake we were the worst offense in football and we still went 8-8. Hicks was hurt, Trevathan was hurt, Floyd couldn’t get to the quarterback to save his life and because of a lack in quarterback pressures our safeties didn’t have the turnover production we had in 2018.
With the defense healthy this year and a real SS who allows Eddie Jackson to thrive as a ball hawk And Quinn on the other side of Mack making opposing quarterbacks run for their lives we won’t need an offense to be top-five we just need competent reliable play that doesn’t allow a defense to rush 4 and play the pass with seven back every down.
With an easier schedule and better production from the offense I firmly believe were a at worst 9-7 and at best 13-3ish + or - a game or so. Anyone not super excited for this upcoming season has the blinders on and you really need to take them off because it’s going to be an awesome ride Bear Down for life.

No, they pay him to save their jobs.

Mitch is still the starter Day 1. This changed nothing. The only thing it changed is this team isn't out of the playoffs if and when he shits the bed again.

If you think Mitch isn't getting every opportunity to succeed this year, then you are delusional.

BTW, WE DONT RUN THE BALL JUST OUT OF SHOTGUN. jfc.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The majority of the time we are under center...we run the fuckin ball. Highest in the league.

The scheme we are in is shotgun heavy. What do you want nagy to do? Change the scheme that just won the superbowl?

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
I can’t remember who but in a thread a few weeks ago I asked a question about running the ball at a shotgun and Montgomery ran out of shotgun 55% of the time and Cohen ran out of shotgun around 80% of the time so we absolutely tried to run the ball out of shotgun last year way too much.

Management can say all they want that Mitch is” the starter” Until he mentally collapses and Foles takes the job from him like Pace and Nagy know he will.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I think Quinn was one of the best moves Pace has done in his Bears career. He is going to elevate this Dline to a place many have never seen.

Graham is a huge question mark and leaning more towards a dumb ass move.

Foles is career journeyman who has never played 16 games or thrown for more than 3,000 yards in his 8 seasons. He has a lower completion rating then TRU and worse, statistically, on early downs. The Bears have two NFL back-up QB’s, unfortunately one of them has to start.

Oline is a failure right now.

On paper this team can make it to the playoffs but they need some luck with injuries and one heck of a jump on offense to be SB contenders.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
The majority of the time we are under center...we run the fuckin ball. Highest in the league.

The scheme we are in is shotgun heavy. What do you want nagy to do? Change the scheme that just won the superbowl?

so it was the scheme that won the Super Bowl not Mahomes? Riiggggght.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
I’d like to see the Bears draft and interior lineman with pic number 43 and if they can’t trade back draft Kmet the TE out of Notre Dame.

I don’t think the offense needs some Herculean jump to make us a playoff/Super Bowl contending team.

Again we were god awful last year on offense. I mean the Philly game didnt we have like -10 yards in the second quarter!!! We just need a capable offense that can keep a defense honest and if our defense doesn’t allow the other team to score we can win.

msadows

Liked Posts:
so it was the scheme that won the Super Bowl not Mahomes? Riiggggght.

JFC, I'm pointing out the scheme, and yes, he is part of that team, just won the superbowl.

We run out of shotgun a lot because our offense is shotgun heavy. If you want to run out of shotgun less maybe you'll get your wish when nagy gets fired after this season.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
If he runs out of shotgun this upcoming year with the same results as last year then he deserves to be fired.
and I get that the scheme he wants to run is shotgun heavy but if running that scheme get you -10 yards in a quarter maybe it’s time to rethink the scheme. Just because it worked for Mahomes in Kansas City doesn’t mean we can do it.

maybe a better passing game will lead the defense is actually respecting that capability of our offense and then will have more success running out of shotgun. The only way that happens is with a new quarterback I believe, and that quarterback is Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he runs out of shotgun this upcoming year with the same results as last year then he deserves to be fired.
and I get that the scheme he wants to run is shotgun heavy but if running that scheme get you -10 yards in a quarter maybe it’s time to rethink the scheme. Just because it worked for Mahomes in Kansas City doesn’t mean we can do it.

maybe a better passing game will lead the defense is actually respecting that capability of our offense and then will have more success running out of shotgun. The only way that happens is with a new quarterback I believe, and that quarterback is Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles

JFC dude, 72% of the time we line up under center we run the ball.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t let this make you all forget thet we coulda had Mahomes.

those are going to be my last words on this earth. I can see it now.......

we coulda.....had....Mahomes!

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
Don’t let this make you all forget thet we coulda had Mahomes.

those are going to be my last words on this earth. I can see it now.......

we coulda.....had....Mahomes!

Cmon man!! You know how it works....if we had drafted Mahomes, Trubisky would have just won the Super Bowl and Mahomes would suck. Never doubt it’s the Bears uniform that causes quarterbacks to collapse.

I’m only being a little sarcastic.

Liked Posts:
No, they pay him to save their jobs.

Mitch is still the starter Day 1. This changed nothing. The only thing it changed is this team isn't out of the playoffs if and when he shits the bed again.

If you think Mitch isn't getting every opportunity to succeed this year, then you are delusional.

BTW, WE DONT RUN THE BALL JUST OUT OF SHOTGUN. jfc.

Well of course Mitch will "start" day 1 of practice, but doesnt mean he starts week 1 of the season. Signing Foles changed everything.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lol 2020 season hahahhahahahahhahaa

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well of course Mitch will "start" day 1 of practice, but doesnt mean he starts week 1 of the season. Signing Foles changed everything.

Yea, yea it does.

Have you watched him in training camp? lol k. This is gonna be the same situation as what happened in ten, but his leash will be shorter. This is still very much mitch's job to lose simply for one reason:

He has the most upside.