1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the blocking doesnt improve and the run game struggles, he will have stats around his career average, sans his fluke 2013 season, which is a career 81.1 rating. His best stretches are when he has a dominant offensive line in front of him. It wont take long for fans to realize that the QB situation will still hold this team back from contending.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Gosh, i really do want to be excited about Foles but after the QB's we've run through this organization in the last thirty years I just don't trust it.

Hopefully we expend draft resources protecting him and getting weapons for him. It seems like we are mostly set on the D side of the ball and will probably only have to spend one draft pick over there.

Another Josh Sitton situation falling into our laps would be extremely welcome but as a tackle this time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Gosh, i really do want to be excited about Foles but after the QB's we've run through this organization in the last thirty years I just don't trust it.

Hopefully we expend draft resources protecting him and getting weapons for him. It seems like we are mostly set on the D side of the ball and will probably only have to spend one draft pick over there.

Another Josh Sitton situation falling into our laps would be extremely welcome but as a tackle this time.

the Chicago Bears more or less ruin quarterbacks careers. they'll maybe have one more stop after the team dumps them. unless they're Josh McCown, he's made a fortune off being that random guy you just insert into any team. I think he's been on like 6 since 2013.

I think blaming quarterbacks on this team for everything is actually overstated. I've said about 20 times now they'll do one thing right and get about 2 others completely wrong. they'll have defense, but no offense. offense, but historically worst defenses. immaculate health, but the kicker sucks. the kicker still sucks, but the whole team is hurt.

that kind of shit.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nobody is questioning how he is as a person, professional, or teammate but he’s not a career starting QB. The Bears currently have 2 NFL back-up QBs and one of them has to start. Pace

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Andy is the constant players coach. He will always talk up his past, current and potential future players.

Btw, I already gave my thoughts, which are way better than anything else you can read.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the Chicago Bears more or less ruin quarterbacks careers. they'll maybe have one more stop after the team dumps them. unless they're Josh McCown, he's made a fortune off being that random guy you just insert into any team. I think he's been on like 6 since 2013.

I think blaming quarterbacks on this team for everything is actually overstated. I've said about 20 times now they'll do one thing right and get about 2 others completely wrong. they'll have defense, but no offense. offense, but historically worst defenses. immaculate health, but the kicker sucks. the kicker still sucks, but the whole team is hurt.

that kind of shit.
I agree. If the Bears picked PM, he is not a household name.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch will get it done. Superbowl in 3 yrs when they let them play again

mecha

Liked Posts:
I agree. If the Bears picked PM, he is not a household name.

yeah, same argument for Rodgers years ago, was Lovie Smith's staff going to make him the Aaron Rodgers we know today? probably not. and Mahomes was apparently raw going into the league too. I couldn't see either of them sitting behind Grossman and Glennon and becoming the players they are. both players went to teams with highly established offensive systems with people who knew what they were doing. they would've each come into the Bears with their meatball defense RUN THE BAW bullshit philosophies. there's no way.

maybe Martz could've pulled it off, maybe Trestman, but I don't think so in either case cause one was a dinosaur and the other couldn't lead a grade school gym class.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Yeaaaah buuuuut Nick Foles and perennial backup and XFL standout Jordan Ta'amu were both available and Reid chose the latter

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, same argument for Rodgers years ago, was Lovie Smith's staff going to make him the Aaron Rodgers we know today? probably not. and Mahomes was apparently raw going into the league too. I couldn't see either of them sitting behind Grossman and Glennon and becoming the players they are. both players went to teams with highly established offensive systems with people who knew what they were doing. they would've each come into the Bears with their meatball defense RUN THE BAW bullshit philosophies. there's no way.

maybe Martz could've pulled it off, maybe Trestman, but I don't think so in either case cause one was a dinosaur and the other couldn't lead a grade school gym class.

Difficult getting excited about any bears QB! PM looks to be face of NFL, DW appears to be a perineal pro bowler, and well you know. The bears are not a well run organization.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Difficult getting excited about any bears QB! PM looks to be face of NFL, DW appears to be a perineal pro bowler, and well you know. The bears are not a well run organization.

someone understands. LOL Chiefs are going to have more Super Bowl rings than the Steelers and Patriots now. thanks a fucking lot.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the blocking doesnt improve and the run game struggles, he will have stats around his career average, sans his fluke 2013 season, which is a career 81.1 rating. His best stretches are when he has a dominant offensive line in front of him. It wont take long for fans to realize that the QB situation will still hold this team back from contending.
That’s true of nearly every qb. Dramatic improvement with good protection. It’s imperative the Bears improve this OL.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
As fun as club dub looks, bleh.., I keep going back to Hill & Mahomes on the sideline early 2018 talking about how much more fun Bienemy offense is.

Nagy looks like an erratic man obsessed so much with a “dub” that he’s manufacturing stress in everything he touches. 2019 offseason must have been a nightmare for players watching that doink on repeat.

Trubisky literally looked tight, scared af after looking fairly loose his first two years.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As fun as club dub looks, bleh.., I keep going back to Hill & Mahomes on the sideline early 2018 talking about how much more fun Bienemy offense is.

Nagy looks like an erratic man obsessed so much with a “dub” that he’s manufacturing stress in everything he touches. 2019 offseason must have been a nightmare for players watching that doink on repeat.

Trubisky literally looked tight, scared af after looking fairly loose his first two years.

I've wondered this too. Is he managing Trubisky the wrong way? Part of "be you" for Trubisky is to make plays on his feet and he was scared too in 2019. When he did, his stats improved.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Former coaches are going to sing any players praises in public and on the record....

Foles has shown both a good (great even) side and an average/below average side.

Trubisky has shown a flash or two, but his highs simply do not match what Foles did in 2013 or what he did during the Superbowl run.

For that reason, I hope they have an honest competition in Training Camp (assuming that happens), and that the loser is fully prepared to take over, due to injury or performance issues.