Round 2 - Run To The Podium

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I just don't get the idea of "Trading Down" when we have 2nd Round Picks that are so close together (#43 and #50). The team has an opportunity to potentially draft 2 Top 50 Players, at positions of need that mostly likely will also be BPA, have them as starters for the next 5 years (baring no contract extension). Why would you trade 1 or both of them to move into the 3rd, 4th and 5th, where the chances of a "bust" greatly increase. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

Keep the damn picks, pick up an OL and TE (or 2 OL) and pencil them in for several more seasons.

Now, if after say the first 35 Picks are done and there is a panic run for what we need (OL, TE, CB, LB) then I could see trading back because A) Those left at a position of need is a bad value and B) PBA available is luxury, then I get trading back but then I would be trading for picks for the following year (2021).

And speaking of running to the podium, I agree that if Love some how fell you run your ass off to get him. Another interesting name is Brown, the DL from Auburn. If he slips and you can get up, pairing him with Hicks, and Goldman, that covers a lot of issues with the backend....

Agreed. He should keep the 2nds and draft BPA with a little bit of lean towards oline. (Which will probably be BPA when he picks anyway.)

He doesn't need to get cute. Last time he didn't get cute we got Roquan, which was a solid pick.

You could argue that it's not so much that he hits in the later rounds and blows high picks, as it is his misses come from trading up and trying to get cute.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's a cap. Spending is similar for every team, every year. It only comes down to results in 2020. I think we keep 43 as I suspect something might fall in an area of need there but if not, Pace moves it. He moves at least one of those picks and don't be too surprised if he moves both while maintaining pick(s) in round 2. It's very unrealistic to think we get 2 extra value talents at need positions with our original picks with other teams in the mix. Even Kmet doesn't represent any special value here. It's simply a need and I don't think it's as dire as many.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There is no chance love makes it to 43.

If he does, he's without a question the one you run up there for.
Pace has been more aggressive than passive, so my Bold prediction is that if Love is still on the Board at 25-32, Pace will be on the phone trying to trade Mitch and Both 2nd rounders to get in position to take him.

Foles starts, Love hopefully gets a year to sit and learn and we reset at QB.....

Bold, I know, but damn it we need to stop this drought and take a chance on another QB.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Pace does his best work in the 4th/5th rounds.

Just trade around until you only have 4th and 5th round picks. ???? Prosper.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just don't get the idea of "Trading Down" when we have 2nd Round Picks that are so close together (#43 and #50). The team has an opportunity to potentially draft 2 Top 50 Players, at positions of need that mostly likely will also be BPA, have them as starters for the next 5 years (baring no contract extension). Why would you trade 1 or both of them to move into the 3rd, 4th and 5th, where the chances of a "bust" greatly increase. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

Keep the damn picks, pick up an OL and TE (or 2 OL) and pencil them in for several more seasons.

Now, if after say the first 35 Picks are done and there is a panic run for what we need (OL, TE, CB, LB) then I could see trading back because A) Those left at a position of need is a bad value and B) PBA available is luxury, then I get trading back but then I would be trading for picks for the following year (2021).

And speaking of running to the podium, I agree that if Love some how fell you run your ass off to get him. Another interesting name is Brown, the DL from Auburn. If he slips and you can get up, pairing him with Hicks, and Goldman, that covers a lot of issues with the backend....

Yeah, I have zero problems just staying there and picking two starters. You could:

A. Set the secondary with a young safety and CB.
B. Get the offense some game changing weapons with a combo of RB, WR or TE.
C. Rebuild the Oline.

Just pick two safe players and call it a day. Nothing wrong with that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pace does his best work in the 4th/5th rounds.

Just trade around until you only have 4th and 5th round picks. ???? Prosper.

So Goldman and Whitehair were bad picks? Are we writing off Daniels and Miller too? I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic but it is tough to tell around here sometimes.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
I am all for trading down either spot and targeting Michael Pittman Jr in the late 2nd or early 3rd. I have watched every snap this kid played in his career. His last 2 seasons were the most impressive seasons I have seen from a USC WR since Keyshawn. I think he will end up being better then Juju, Woods, Lee, Colbert, Agholor, etc...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I cannot believe you guys think and want the Bears to draft a TE after the Jimmy Graham signing and with Burton on the roster.

It’s crazy. Like every other poster. Even if they cut Burton, the Bears have like 7 other tight ends rostered taking up like 30% of their cap space.

Not to mention, rookie TE’s rarely produce.

Just say no to TE in the 2nd round! Cole Kmet is another overrated Notre Dame kid this board overhypes.

The bread and butter in the 2nd round will be WR, OL, DB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace has been more aggressive than passive, so my Bold prediction is that if Love is still on the Board at 25-32, Pace will be on the phone trying to trade Mitch and Both 2nd rounders to get in position to take him.

Foles starts, Love hopefully gets a year to sit and learn and we reset at QB.....

Bold, I know, but damn it we need to stop this drought and take a chance on another QB.

I already made that prediction stop stealin my shit son.

I also think a draft day trade and selection of QB is the only way this team trades mitch this offseason.

No need to toss mitch in. #43 and #50 is good enough to trade JAX for the #20 pick and our 4th rounder back(thats if jax wants to be nice).

Doubt it happens, but its pace, so lul.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I cannot believe you guys think and want the Bears to draft a TE after the Jimmy Graham signing and with Burton on the roster.

It’s crazy. Like every other poster. Even if they cut Burton, the Bears have like 7 other tight ends rostered taking up like 30% of their cap space.

Not to mention, rookie TE’s rarely produce.

Just say no to TE in the 2nd round! Cole Kmet is another overrated Notre Dame kid this board overhypes.

The bread and butter in the 2nd round will be WR, OL, DB.

Half those tight ends will be cut.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I have zero problems just staying there and picking two starters. You could:

A. Set the secondary with a young safety and CB.
B. Get the offense some game changing weapons with a combo of RB, WR or TE.
C. Rebuild the Oline.

Just pick two safe players and call it a day. Nothing wrong with that.

We have young CB's other than Fuller. Tolliver, Burns(only 24 after 4 years in pros), Shelley, Joseph , Denmark. Roberson isn't old at 27.