Jordan Love

msadows

Liked Posts:
How would you feel if pace traded both 2nd round picks to the Jags for the #20(And the 4th rounder back) and drafted Jordan Love with the pick?

I threw this idea up a couple days ago as a joke, since pace LOVES to trade up and get rid of draft assets. Since I've seen about 3-4 people throwing the same idea out there(Trade into the 20's, pick love).

This would obviously mean we would trade Mitch on draft day. My guess is he's worth a 3rd/4th.

A nice lil breakdown of Jordan Love by JT O'Sullivan(He has a whole channel of in depth QB prospect scouting if any of you are interested. Might have sucked as a QB but he's fairly good at breaking shit down).

msadows

Liked Posts:
So, After you trade mitch your top 4 rounds of the draft would look like this:

1) #20 Love
3) Mitch trade
4)Love Trade

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace would more likely give up both 2nd round picks for somebody like Fromm, Eason or Herbert. No I don't endorse it

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I'm not trading into round one for someone who can't help us get into this year. I might do it for Grant Delpit, Denzel Wims, or if somehow Henry Ruggs falls to #20.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Could that truly get the #20 for the Bears? I don’t think Love gets past the Patriots, so the pick would probably need to be ahead of them.

Sure, why the hell not? If Pace was smart about self-preservation, he’d set up insurance in case this year doesn’t pan out for the playoffs. Picking a QB all of Chicago would be itching to see play could be a way of giving Pace at least one, more, year.

“Hey, at least let me see if this young QB is the answer.”

Not saying it would necessarily work, but that’s probably a better plan than pinning your job on a one-year Trubisky/Foles competition.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How I feel about it depends on how secure pace and naggy jobs are. If it is then sure he should be able to make moves he feels is best for long term success. Going for a young qb project is a good long term investment. I don’t see us picking in top ten for at least two more seasons so if your guy is there go for it.

fans will have to remember a move like this has no benefit for 2020 so got to accept that. We will pretty much be rolling with same oline as last year and have holes at rb wr ol db etc.

Liked Posts:
You'd need way more than that to trade up into the top 10, where Love is predicted to go now. He's been zooming up the draft boards.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You'd need way more than that to trade up into the top 10, where Love is predicted to go now. He's been zooming up the draft boards.

This is a hypothetical. Just like it's a hypothetical that he will get picked in the top 10. I don't see 4 QB's going in the top 10.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That would be a drastic overpay. Both 2nd's is more than enough to trade up to the 20's.

Drastic Over Pay = Pulling a Pace

Remember when he gave 18 million for Glennon to be a smoke screen and start 4 games and rush Mitch onto the field?

Remeber when he gave up 4 picks to move up 1 spot and get the worst QB in the draft?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I see Pace trading up I am going to feel the urge to vomit.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Second to Jalen Hurts. Loves the big stage and has all of the confidence in the world. Great leader and athlete. Sitting for a year may help him with the processing skills he’ll need.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope George reels in Pace and disallow any trade ups. Save all the picks next year for the new coach and GM. Let them mortgage more draft capital for a QB of their choice.