Jordan Love

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I like both Hurts and Love. Love's ceiling is in another stratosphere, but Hurts would be a great pick near the end of round 2 or 3. Love's biggest issue to me seems to be reading the field. However, he makes unreal plays with his arm on a routine basis.

Hurts made unreal plays constantly also. Eason did as well with his arm. Look, I have no idea how Love will turn out as a prospect. Wentz dominated his weaker conference. Love didn’t. Those teams he made unreal plays against (and all the INTs Love gave them) wouldn’t last past the first quarter against the teams Hurts and his team beat consistently. That’s a fact.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Hurts made unreal plays constantly also. Eason did as well with his arm. Look, I have no idea how Love will turn out as a prospect. Wentz dominated his weaker conference. Love didn’t. Those teams he made unreal plays against (and all the INTs Love gave them) wouldn’t last past the first quarter against the teams Hurts and his team beat consistently. That’s a fact.
The plays Love makes with his arm looks like Mahomes. The plays Eason makes with his arm looks like Wentz. Eason lacks athleticism and consistently bails in the pocket. If Love gets the xs and os, he'll be the best QB in this draft, without a doubt.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Which is what scares me even more about Love. He couldn’t do much of anything in a conference that hosts powerhouses like Hawaii and Air Force.

NFL draft: Jordan Love is being pressed to answer for 17 ...

"Love turned heads in 2018 as a sophomore at Utah State, when he threw for 3,567 yards and 32 touchdowns to just six interceptions. But significant turnover among both players and coaches contributed to a far less resounding
2019 stat line. "

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The plays Love makes with his arm looks like Mahomes. The plays Eason makes with his arm looks like Wentz. Eason lacks athleticism and consistently bails in the pocket. If Love gets the xs and os, he'll be the best QB in this draft, without a doubt.

If the Bears somehow get him, I hope you’re right.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hurts may not be the answer, but Love isn’t in the same stratosphere as he in considering their performances and the teams they played. Again, if Love couldn’t dominate the low level of competition he faced, forget about being benched, he may not have even made the team at either AL or OK. He had 1 good season, the other 2 were atrocious. Again, against competition that would get blown out in the SEC.

Who were his WRs though? He was pretty dominant in 2018 so not fair to say he was dominant. He had a bad year in 2019 but QB progression is not linear and while competition wasnt great that is offset by the fact hos OL and WRs may not have been great either.

College Interceptions are not a good predictor of NFL interceptions or success.

If you watch the tape, most of these interceptions are him throwing to guys in one on one situations and its either a bad pass and/or the WR doesnt help him out.

That is far less concerning than if he was throwing into double coverage or missing reads. If there is a bit of a theme with his Ints it is not getting it over the underneath guy in zone and the outside CB jumping curls and comeback routes.

This reminds me of the interceptions when you watched Watson. Less about a QB that doesnt understand the game and more about a QB trusting his arm or WRs too much. That is correctable and so biggest issue is determining whether he is coachable.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He’s going to the Patriots. It’s been so ordained.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Wish trades like this are funny because although some people make fun of it, a team like the Chiefs does this shit all the time and just completely ignores value and runs their franchise like a Madden league.

The Chiefs are run like a wishlist for radio callers—any free agent becomes available: Fuck it, sign him. A guy on another team is on the block: fuck it, give up a first rounder. Etc.

Multiple firsts and other picks for Pat Mahomes? Check.

A first rounder and other picks for Frank Clark? Check.

Overpay for older good players on the downslope like Honey Badger, Sammy Watkins and Terrell Suggs? Check.

Draft guys with incredible domestic violence and character issues like Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt? Check.

And yet it worked out for them, because they have the coach and QB.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitch was super accurate in college. Everyone said Deahaun wasn’t.

How did that turn out?

I think we’re learning more and more that with the advent of more creative pro offenses, if you’re really fucking good in college, you have a good shot of being really fucking good in the pros.

Take more swings at guys who were really fucking good in college.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Mitch was super accurate in college. Everyone said Deahaun wasn’t.

How did that turn out?
Maybe I'm having selective memory here, but I don't remember accuracy concerns about Watson.

mecha

Liked Posts:
fairly certain Watson was everyone's #1 choice here. Mahomes I don't even think was on the radar, for posterity.
fairly certain also after the 2017 draft everyone was defending the Pace rape trade because "he got his guy".

how did that shit all work out?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm having selective memory here, but I don't remember accuracy concerns about Watson.

Yes the knocks on Watson were accuracy, ints and arm strength. People were projecting he would be a TO machine and that his arm was too weak for the NFL.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
fairly certain Watson was everyone's #1 choice here. Mahomes I don't even think was on the radar, for posterity.
fairly certain also after the 2017 draft everyone was defending the Pace rape trade because "he got his guy".

how did that shit all work out?
A few wanted Watson, not many. I think more wanted a safety then QB.

mecha

Liked Posts:
A few wanted Watson, not many. I think more wanted a safety then QB.

well the ones that were beating off to drafting a quarterback resoundingly all wanted Watson it seemed.

we should ask Spartan what he wanted, he's an expert in this area.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Spartan wanted Watson. I would say for those of us that wanted a QB, it was probably 50% Watson, 40% Trubisky and 10% Mahomes. I think Broc was the main guy that wanted Mahomes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wanted Watson based on his experience, accomplishments and being a winner. For me, he was the obvious choice.
Things were slow, I was following the 2017 draft at work, when I heard we drafted Trubisky. I began trying to refresh my computer. I thought something was wrong with it ?

Sigh....I think I just put my head in hands, when I realized it was true. ? Very sad day. But then I said....at least he's mobile.?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like him but the Mahomes compare is too strong. Patrick didn't miss as many easy throws. That said, I like calculated risk takers at the position, especially at the pro level. He's no slam dunk but if Pace targeted him, I wouldn't complain.