Ryan on pace to be one of the best GMs

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The pro bowl is a popularity contest. All pros + wins > probowls for evaluating GMs

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
People keep saying Nelson was a ”no brainer” as if Ballard should get literally no credit for that. That’s a bit ridiculous. Nobody is a no brainer.

IDK, I just find it funny how the convo flows towards him. I’m pretty sure some of it has to do with him going to Notre Dame and the amount of Notre Dame fans and homers around here. People act
Ike he’s sciences gift to football. they‘re so proud of their fighting irishman doing well they can’t help but swing off his nuts. His GM literally gets no credit for drafting him amongst these people. I just find it amusing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
People keep saying Nelson was a ”no brainer” as if Ballard should get literally no credit for that. That’s a bit ridiculous. Nobody is a no brainer.

IDK, I just find it funny how the convo flows towards him. I’m pretty sure some of it has to do with him going to Notre Dame and the amount of Notre Dame fans and homers around here. People act
Ike he’s sciences gift to football. they‘re so proud of their fighting irishman doing well they can’t help but swing off his nuts. His GM literally gets no credit for drafting him amongst these people. I just find it amusing.

He was the highest rated interior lineman probably ever.

And the colts oline was putrid, it just got their starting QB injured.

Pair that with the fact interior olinemen, safeties, and linebackers are far and away the safest picks in the first round.

I hate notre dame and I can admit the guy was a monster. Everyone and their mother knew he had perennial all pro written all over him.

It was pretty much a no brainer.

The only question mark about him is if a fucking guard is worth a top 10 pick. Thats still up for debate.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your argument makes no sense. I posted in other threads where you didn't give me a shout out so it is quite narcissistic for you to think I only posted in here because of you. LMFAO. This is a thread overstating Pace's abilities. I would post in here whether you said anything or not.

Are you dense? I responded to Truth's post talking about Pace and Ballard. That is why I am comparing their Pro Bowl players dummy.

Finally, I don't think Ballard or Pace are bad or good GMs. I simply think Ballard has drafted the high quality Pro Bowlers and so does the NFL as evidence by All Pro selections. Pace and Ballard are both below average to slightly above average GMs when it comes to drafting. Pace is trending to below average because of the current status of Trubisky. If Trubisky turns it around and/or his 2018, 2019, and 2020 draft classes produce legit studs then he will trend to above average or better.

Your fundamental problem is that your vocabulary is limited. You interpret anything that is not praising Pace as saying he is bad. In the English Language we have a lot of words that fall between Great and Bad to describe someone or something. Words like average, ok, decent, mediocre, below average, above average, etc. You should maybe learn some of those words.
This needs special attention to prove how you are dense.

This is how it got started. I responded to truth and the topic was about Pace and Ballard's Pro Bowlers. You are so sensitive about Pace that you act like someone called your wife a whore or something. The above was strictly about the respective Pro Bowlers not Pace's entire drafting record.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The pro bowl is a popularity contest. All pros + wins > probowls for evaluating GMs

2/3 of the vote are the people you play against.

The pro bowl isn't always the best metric but saying its basically the NBA all star game is dumb. Usually the best players at their position make the pro bowl.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was the highest rated interior lineman probably ever.

And the colts oline was putrid, it just got their starting QB injured.

Pair that with the fact interior olinemen, safeties, and linebackers are far and away the safest picks in the first round.

I hate notre dame and I can admit the guy was a monster. Everyone and their mother knew he had perennial all pro written all over him.

It was pretty much a no brainer.

The only question mark about him is if a fucking guard is worth a top 10 pick. Thats still up for debate.

Nelson is a generational talent at guard that can anchor an interior line for a decade. No shame in picking that top 10.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Pace gets so much disrespect. Everyone looks through the lens of the Trubisky pick and largely ignores everything else. Pace had added so many pro-bowlers to this team both in FA and the Draft.

He has also had many solid players who had fringe pro-bowl years: Adrian Amos, Bryce Callahan (UDFA), Eddie Goldman, Roquan Smith have all had solid years here and have arguably all been snubbed of a pro-bowl.

Pace has got the most out of the amount of picks he has had than most other GMs. This video only slightly proves it. But it isn't only the draft. He hits in Free Agency and in picking up other team's leftovers on cheap deals. Guys like Buster Skrine, Josh Sitton, KPL, Nick Williams, Amukamara, Jerell Freeman, etc.

He's also picked up good additions in Trevathan, Hicks, Mack, A Rob.

All this said, at the Pace our GM is adding talent, this team will continue to compete. The fanbase moaning and complaining after going 8-8 speaks enough to the high expectation of the roster Pace assembled.

Pace definitely has done very well in free agency and on paper looks to have hit on two more with Foles (bang for buck when QB contracts are ballooning) and Quinn signings.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Guess I'm trying to figure out why the pro bowl was used as the main standard of success. All pro selections would mean more to me

I completely agree. Can anyone find this stat? Using 1st and 2nd team All Pros?

Pace needs to find more dynamic players. Platoons help win SB’s but dynamic players drive the team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace definitely has done very well in free agency and on paper looks to have hit on two more with Foles (bang for buck when QB contracts are ballooning) and Quinn signings.

Define well?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Hes better in FA then he is drafting. I can’t consider Foles a good move just yet but Quinn was one of his best.

4 of the top 5 (possible 5 of the top 6 if you consider Quinn) players on the team were drafted by another GM.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The pro bowl isn't always the best metric but saying its basically the NBA all star game is dumb. Usually the best players at their position make the pro bowl.

Most of the Bears pro bowls were not starters or reserves. Further while they get paid for the game, being an alternate does not trigger bonuses related to the Pro Bowl because the people that actually matter ie owners know it is a pretty useless honor. I also don't think they are selected by the players or coaches. They are invited after the fact as Trubs was invited only after several other players declined.

https://nationalfootballpost.com/the-pro-bowl-problem-6812/

The only guys that was a legit Pro Bowler was Jackson and Cohen as a Special Teamer not a RB. Howard, Whitehair, and Trubs were not starters or reserves and thus were not selected by the process you outline. Trubisky in particular only made it because he was one of the few QBs they asked to actually accept the invite not because he was better than the ones that declined.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Remy will literally do everything he can to find every flaw in anything anyone finds good about anything Bears...LOL.

It's actually pretty sad and he's by far the most active poster on CCS so he's in every thread spreading his negativity around to try to infect anyone that has any optimism at all with the Bears.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Charles Leno is one of the best LTs? Mitch is one of the best QBs? Cohen isn’t one of the best ay anything except running the wrong way. Furthermore, a lot of Pace’s pro bowlers have made it once which means they played “well” for a season but that’s not really reflected in their entire career. Can you look at guys like Mitch, Leno, Howard, Cohen and say yeah those guys are consistently pro bowl caliber players or they had a season okay enough to make the pro bowl (sometimes as an alternate) and otherwise their careers are underwhelming?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Remy will literally do everything he can to find every flaw in anything anyone finds good about anything Bears...LOL.

It's actually pretty sad and he's by far the most active poster on CCS so he's in every thread spreading his negativity around to try to infect anyone that has any optimism at all with the Bears.

View attachment 5143
Why do you hate Dan Orlovsky?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If ryan pace is a best gm, i dont want to know who the worst ones are. 4 out of 5 losing seasons and making many mistakes such as trading up for mitch and drafting him over two hofers, reaching for kevin white, drafting a non pass rusher in the first round to be a pass rusher, signing a giraffe, letting alshon walk, trading bennet and marshall, drafting shaheen, signing burton. Fuck it there are too many to mention.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nelson is a generational talent at guard that can anchor an interior line for a decade. No shame in picking that top 10.

There is no shame, I'm just saying the ONLY question about taking him was if a guard is worth a top 10 pick.

Shit, in retrospect, I don't know if he had fallen if the bears would have taken him over Smith.
Charles Leno is one of the best LTs? Mitch is one of the best QBs? Cohen isn’t one of the best ay anything except running the wrong way. Furthermore, a lot of Pace’s pro bowlers have made it once which means they played “well” for a season but that’s not really reflected in their entire career. Can you look at guys like Mitch, Leno, Howard, Cohen and say yeah those guys are consistently pro bowl caliber players or they had a season okay enough to make the pro bowl (sometimes as an alternate) and otherwise their careers are underwhelming?

Leno in 18 and Mitch in 18, yes, were some of the better players at their position that year.

Mitch would have had over 4k total yards and nearly 30 TD's total had he played a full 16 on a team that won a considerable amount of games.

Leno also had a very good year.

Cohen had 725 receiving yards as a runningback, and ran 4.5 YPC, which is solid.

If you shit on one year, once again, you can't discount the fact they played well the previous one. Saying that every player who ever had a bad year is going to suck forever when they have had success in the past is a dumb pessimistic viewpoint.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If ryan pace is a best gm, i dont want to know who the worst ones are. 4 out of 5 losing seasons and making many mistakes such as trading up for mitch and drafting him over two hofers, reaching for kevin white, drafting a non pass rusher in the first round to be a pass rusher, signing a giraffe, letting alshon walk, trading bennet and marshall, drafting shaheen, signing burton. Fuck it there are too many to mention.

You could have any GM in the league and they wouldn't give you a winning season those first 3 years. He inherited the worst roster in the history of this franchise.

Not saying he's without fault, but we all knew this would have been a long journey when he got hired.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You could have any GM in the league and they wouldn't give you a winning season those first 3 years. He inherited the worst roster in the history of this franchise.

Not saying he's without fault, but we all knew this would have been a long journey when he got hired.
Not true. That is just an excuse to justify paces failures. He is a bad gm plain and simple. The bears will not be getting a lombardi during his tenure.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is no shame, I'm just saying the ONLY question about taking him was if a guard is worth a top 10 pick.

Shit, in retrospect, I don't know if he had fallen if the bears would have taken him over Smith.

Leno in 18 and Mitch in 18, yes, were some of the better players at their position that year.

Mitch would have had over 4k total yards and nearly 30 TD's total had he played a full 16 on a team that won a considerable amount of games.

Leno also had a very good year.

Cohen had 725 receiving yards as a runningback, and ran 4.5 YPC, which is solid.

If you shit on one year, once again, you can't discount the fact they played well the previous one. Saying that every player who ever had a bad year is going to suck forever when they have had success in the past is a dumb pessimistic viewpoint.

I see your point. What I’m trying to say is that I don’t remember an OL prospect in a LONG TIME with Nelson’s credentials. His play at ND was amazing. His combine was off the charts. He had his head on straight. It just all came together with him.