Search results

1. C

Gleyber Torres

Tell that to the people from 100 years before then. Torres doesn't even make the majors until 2018. And ask Dodger fans how it feels to be good for a long time but no title to show for it.
  2. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

You know who the unhappiest person is right now? Bryce Harper.
  3. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

Hence why I said I was pulling your leg and it was not a serious suggestion. KC showed you can win it all with great D and a solid bullpen. Cubs won it with a lot of luck and a mix of everything.
  4. C

I Like Ross, but the Cubs need Girardi

Here's an idea for somebody to be looked at for a position on the Cubs. Brent Strom is a little bit up there is age, 71, but maybe his assistant pitching coach. Those guys are getting good results.
  5. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

So, trade Bryant, go big for Cole, and maybe see if they can trade for another good starter? I'm just pulling your leg. Not saying this is your suggestion. And I could play with some payroll numbers to make it possibly plausible. It does help that Soto is hitting great and they have 2-3 guys...
  6. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

Maybe?
  7. C

Now that the season is over

Well, considering the original post was asking what we thought the Cubs "should" do and not "would" do, harmless speculation about the front office moves was the topic of discussion. It doesn't take Sherlock Homes level observation skills to point of the 3 most glaring weaknesses of the team and...
  8. C

I've been calling Merrifield "Merriman" for a while now and mix the names up. Dyslexia can be a bitch along with typing hundreds of names a day. Forgive me. And guess what, changes will be made. At the very least a new manager. So now that you got your change, you can't complain anymore. You...
  9. C

That will be one of the big question for this team going into next season. Darvish and Schwarber had huge 2nd halves and it'll be a gamble to hope that becomes their norms. I have a little more hope for Schwarber if they just keep him out of the lead off spot. Darvish I think is simply a health...
  10. C

There's a big difference between being disappointing and sucking. 84 wins is disappointing. 64 wins is sucking.
  11. C

Specifics? Who would you like to see them target? Pointing out the problems the team obviously had but offering no real fix does nothing.
  12. C

Changes such as? Let's hear some specifics. To be fair, I'm in the call up Boston and see if they have interest in Sale for Quintana as Boston is looking to unload payroll to help keep Betts camp. It might be a pipe dream, but it's an idea. Then I have stated before I'd like to see them go...
  13. C

I agree. Unless Theo gets the okay/mandate to majorly shift the paradigm, this team will have little change in the position players. I think if they found a consistent .340 OBP at lead off, they'd run with it.
  14. C

I'm a Whit Merrifield fan. Howie Kendrick is making himself some money this post season, thought i don't know how much he can play 2B anymore. Neil Walker was only 2 M last year and he's been a Cub killer for years.
  15. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

You could look at their 46 games coming out of the Break. They went 31-15 in that stretch. That's 4 games over for the rest of the season combined. But you can probably find streaks like that for most teams. Baseball is generally what you do in the 62 other games because most teams will win and...
  16. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

WAR is a shit stat. It's an ever changing formula that doesn't define how a player is good. A team doesn't have 73 save situations in a season and not figure out how to handle a few high pressure ones. And those don't come with 6 run leads. Every team uses a starter from the pen in the playoffs.
  17. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

This article sites two completely useless stats, WAR and Wins Probability Added. Hard stats that don't have a formula that gets tweaked year to year say that other than Save Percentage, the Dodgers pen was top 5 in a lot of categories that matter. They had the best WHIP, #2 is BAA and OPS. The...
  18. C

MLB Playoffs IGT

Where does this thought that the Dodgers have a bad pen come from? Their pen had the 4th best ERA in baseball, same in K/BB ratio, 2nd in opponents OPS. They had a lot of blown saves, but they have a lot of Save Opportunities. So them having a bad pen is a myth.
  19. C

Any player at any time can have a "fatal" injury so every contract is suspect in that right. And that .360 number you keep putting out there is a Sex Panther stat.
  20. C

Joe Maddon OUT as manager

What in the blues blazes possessed Roberts to bring in Kershaw?