Search results

1. dennehy

The 2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

Zach Baun is finally starting to get the rep that he deserves, really versatile, good short area quickness, good processing edge player. I bet he's in the top 40. Josh Uche playing himself out of the Bears range, a similar player in that he can play off the ball as well as rush the QB. More...
  2. dennehy

The 2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

I think Love is going to wind up as the clear #4 QB, likely first round. Hurts has never been able to see the field at an NFL level. He can make plays but he's not going to be much of a pocket passer unless something really changes.
  3. dennehy

Biggs: Changes at ILB

If he's that good, why do you think he's going to come relatively cheap? You had him him at less than Danny T. made 4 years ago, even though you think he's a far superior player.
  4. dennehy

Illini BB

I think Kofi will get his against Oturo because he'll be able to bully him a little. Will be an interesting matchup, as will Garza who does have the physical strength of an NBA big. I thought Kofi struggled against Michigan State, a team with close to legit NBA bigs. it will be interesting...
  5. dennehy

Biggs: Changes at ILB

I'm beginning to think that a short deal for Trev and a deal for KPL will be the preferred course of action.
  6. dennehy

Illini BB

He'll get drafted on potential, not too high though most likely because he's not effective outside the paint on either end. Great rebounder. Great finisher, but his size advantage will be negated in the paint in the NBA. Takes a long time to gather himself and often brings the ball down...
  7. dennehy

Illini BB

Best effort by a UI team in years. Kofi, Ayo, Trent all straight ballin. I thought after that embarrassing play by Griffin it was going to be close to impossible to win, and they blew them out.
  8. dennehy

A Nick Foles trade - Could Bears make similar move that Houston and Cleveland did?

The Jags would leave close to $20mil in dead $ for 2020, likely not happening. And he's not really good enough to trade at his current cost either. I saw your other thread, could be, but the Bears could clear far more than you are suggesting if they want to. Not saying they will (imo they...
  9. dennehy

For all your offseason planning

I'd be very surprised if they don't release Gabriel. I think there's a decent chance he doesn't play in an NFL game again. I think there's a good chance they either release Prince or don't pay him all that $ next year, reworking to give him more guaranteed but less overall. I think Floyd is...
  10. dennehy

A Nick Foles trade - Could Bears make similar move that Houston and Cleveland did?

Foles is pretty much untradeable this year.
  11. dennehy

Soon to be free agent Tom Brady

Good question. I'm not sure he's going to have a huge market, he looked like he's at the precipice of the cliff, and at 43 it's going to be there soon no matter what.
  12. dennehy

Soon to be free agent Tom Brady

Tenneessee. Mike Vrabel, who is his buddy and who he respects greatly. A top 10 offensive line and running game. Talented young receivers. Lots of cap room to get better around him. Easily a better spot than the Bears.
  13. dennehy

Power vs Zone

Ridiculous.
  14. dennehy

DaBearsBlog Nuggets

Good info, thanks.
  15. dennehy

The Niners, building a team through the draft

I'd say coaching and system are the keys to their offense. Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind going today, and he doesn't need an elite QB. Their line has lots of talent, but their ability to execute the scheme as a singular entity is what makes them great. Defense, yep, a great and...
  16. dennehy

Mason Fine QB North Texas

I like Gordon too, problem is I think a lot of GMs are going to as well and he's going to go in the third round.
  17. dennehy

Illini BB

Defensive intensity was disappointing, but I really never thought they were going to lose, which is unusual in a game like that. Ayo is a closer. If they can get one this coming week that would be great.
  18. dennehy

My favorite offensive skill position player in this draft

Been looking at this guy, huge catch radius, solid in most aspects, good long speed but not super sudden. Pretty consistent player for Baylor. I'd say he'd be an option if Pace acquires a 3rd rounder.
  19. dennehy

To me he's got a high floor but not the ceiling of the other three. I think he's a pretty much guaranteed good back but not the amount of juice in terms of elusiveness. Will get the most out of what's there for him, great vision and solid jump cut. I didn't know this from watching him but he's...
  20. dennehy

Doesn't look that thick to me, maybe I'm wrong. Kamara weighed 10 pounds more that I thought he would at the combine.