Search results

1. WookieOnRitalin

The OC Options

This and it was confirmed by George. It would be a total lie to say how there is "no ego" and then create a situation where it is dominated by one ego (Nagy).
  2. WookieOnRitalin

Danny Trevathan vs Nick Kwiatkowski

At times, I am left to wonder what a player has to do in order to create value to some fans. Kwik has played well and should be on the team next year. He's also a guy you can put next to Roquan and would probably be willing to take a fair deal from the franchise that drafted him. However, if I...
  3. WookieOnRitalin

Phillip Rivers done in LA?

It is impossible task. You rate players for how they performed in the era they performed. Would those previous players be as successful in today's league with increases in speed and size? There is no guarantee that those previous players would hold up in today's NFL. That is the reality, but...
  4. WookieOnRitalin

Define "elite" and then you can establish what criteria you want to use to validate people getting into the HOF or not. Provide the litmus test that players should be rated against. They spent 15 years with their franchises. Were iron men. Have top 10 passing statistics. What more is necessary?
  5. WookieOnRitalin

Um, what? If Rivers plays one more year and hits his averages for the last 5 seasons, he will pass Marino for Touchdowns and Yards making him fourth all time. Like him or not, he threw the passes. In that regard, he is one of the greatest passing QBs of all time. He is also an iron man. He...
  6. WookieOnRitalin

Pineiro vs Parkey

After all the drama, kicking tryouts, game simulations, offseason debate the final stats are in for the year. 2019 Pineiro: 23-28 (82.1%). Long of 53 2018 Parkey: 23-30 (76.6%). Long of 50 Pineiro statistically had a better season. I believe he has at least earned a shot to come back next...
  7. WookieOnRitalin

Should Nagy be fired?

I think some Bears fans want to stick with the current team simply because the prospect of starting over seems rather disappointing. "Here we go again..." How many times do Bears fans say this phrase? The Bears were close in the Lovie era. Last year gave fans optimism. Pace, Nagy, and Mitch...
  8. WookieOnRitalin

Bears Up Coming Free Agents

That is not the basis of your argument. You claim Amos is overpaid, but present no evidence to support it. I have presented my argument that he is paid appropriately for being a solid safety at 64% of market value. I have backed up this premise of why Amos got what he got based on his...
  9. WookieOnRitalin

Ranking is irrelevant to actual pay. That is how VALUE is associated. You are attempting to use "rank" as a way to establish "value" when the actual pay is the interpretation of the value. Your argument is based on a faulty premise and you still have not actually made any good argument...
  10. WookieOnRitalin

This article is quite old. At current: Amos: 70 Tackles (55 solo), 2 Picks, 8 Pass Defended, 1 Sack, 2 TFL, 2 QB Hits, and 0 Forced Fumbles. Dix: 66 Tackles (54 solo), 2 Picks, 5 Pass Defended, and 0 Sack/TFL/QB Hits/Forced Fumbles If the season ended today, Amos is matching his career best...
  11. WookieOnRitalin

The safety market is the safety market. The cornerback market is the CB market. In today's NFL, the SS and FS are relatively antiquated terms as most teams do not even use the listing anymore. Safeties in today's NFL have to have versatility and the ability to play the pass which Amos has done...
  12. WookieOnRitalin

You're reaching. We're talking all safeties. Considering he is number 10 on that list and is paying 25-40% less than the top end is exactly what that means. The market for his skills is between 7-9 million similar to the market for Prince a few years back. You get a solid starter at a position...
  13. WookieOnRitalin

Age, performance, and position of value. It is likely none of the top safeties will hit the market and will sign extensions with their club. If they somehow get loose, they will be getting top dollar. Considering Amos' payout and what those guys will get in extensions, it is likely that Dix...
  14. WookieOnRitalin

This post contains no new information with regards to the premise I am defending nor is it a good defense of your premise because it does not thoroughly explain how you view the term "overpay" with regards to production, age, position of value, and reliability. Your only counter position is...
  15. WookieOnRitalin

The 2020 Personnel Discussion: Offense

Production without wins is rather useless. For those who make the interceptions argument, you can see Eli and Favre for reference as INTs are not always the end all be all when it comes to overall value. However, in Winston's case, his production has not truly translated to team success. It's...
  16. WookieOnRitalin

Considering Amos' market, I imagine he can get something similar. He took a risk this year with the "prove it" deal and should be able to cash in as a consequence. I am not as nuanced on the Bears cap situation, but I think that if you can get Dix for 6 million/season then you should bring him...
  17. WookieOnRitalin

You clearly do not have an understanding of positional market nor do you have a concept of the differential between the value of players by comparison of their talent level, projected contributions, position of need, and reliability. In a couple years, Amos will be lucky to be a top 15 paid...
  18. WookieOnRitalin

I do not think you understand what "market value" is nor what "solid safety" means because it's largely due to a bias against someone. Amos was consistently one of the highest safeties in the game and he is 26 years old entering prime playing age. Nothing detracts from the statement I made...
  19. WookieOnRitalin

I do not believe this to be true. I'd say he is right at market value for a solid safety. You have to figure the top end guys are getting 10+ per year.