Search results

1. Bearly

The 2020 Senior Bowl Discussion

That's still approximately as many in the 1st round as the the other 6 plus UDFAs combined. More of the later would also be losing their jobs if the GMs could find a replacement.
  2. Bearly

OT: Saints will move on with Taysom Hill not Teddy Bridgewater if Drew Brees retires

Ya but I thought the scenario was that he'd hang on at a reasonable rate to be the heir apparent. This moving on scenario loses that hometown discount.
  3. Bearly

OT: Saints will move on with Taysom Hill not Teddy Bridgewater if Drew Brees retires

It would make more sense to me if Brees retired and they kept both Bridgewater and Hill.
  4. Bearly

Superbowl 1967 and now

1968: 3 things happen when you pass the ball and 2 of them are bad. PI was rarely called and guys could bump all the way down the field. 2019: 6 things can happen when you pass and 4 are good.
  5. Bearly

Allen Robinson tries to recruit Eric Berry to the Bears

Works for me if he can run for an entire season. My concern would be that he didn't get the surgery for Haglund's deformity so it's irritation could flare up again during the year. Doc's would need to take a close look at that.
  6. Bearly

They didn't want to break him by playing him too early when they had a vet ready. In before R&S It's white privilege and Bridgewater refused to play WR or RB. They'd never ask Hill to do that kind of stuff. Oh wait!
  7. Bearly

Chargers moving on from Phillip Rivers

Probably too expensive.
  8. Bearly

Chargers moving on from Phillip Rivers

Na. Makes them an absolute for FAs and everyone knows they need a QB whether Rivers is there or not come the draft.
  9. Bearly

The Reality of the Free Agent Budget

Get a vet QB. I think they re-sign Kwiat and try Bush at SS. CB will be interesting. I don't think we do anything about the Ts in FA and maybe bring in a starting G though I hate that scenario from a budget standpoint. I much prefer developing Gs. I like our young TE potential but suspect they...
  10. Bearly

Can we finally admit that Hurts will hurt our team! Don't draft him!

Nor I if they go that way. They all get benefit of doubt until they show us otherwise, jaundiced eye notwithstanding. I just don't see him as a target for this O.
  11. Bearly

I don't think a QB in 2 and we trade one of those for some 3rd and 4th round picks unless a special player falls. If we get a QB, it won't be before the 4th and more likely 5+. I think Hurts falls to the 4+ range but he's not well suited to this O as currently configured. We're more likely to...
  12. Bearly

I personally don't like Hurts but that doesn't mean he can't prove me wrong. Let's just keep this about the player and less of a civil rights lesson on a football forum.
  13. Bearly

Moon was evaluated as black and god discriminated against. Loved watching him throw the ball in the NFL once he finally got a shot. That's not what happened to your other examples where one was small and another that had some crap floating around him so don't get the correlation. We can use...
  14. Bearly

Lamar Jackson's precision passing

She only tells you that and then slaps your pee pee.
  15. Bearly

I've stayed out of the threads about this because it's just more waste of space like my post here but thought I'd mention it because it's been coming up in other threads for no good reason. You guys need to get the stick out your butts over this. Just easier than the proper name in friendly...
  16. Bearly

Mack traded to Lions for $1

Next year. He needs to honor the asshole, dirty rusher tradition 1st.
  17. Bearly

He reminds me a lot of McMahon. Size, delivery, gambler.
  18. Bearly

Power vs Zone

Mixing metaphors much?
  19. Bearly

Bears' offseason fixes.....

Mitch kinda sucked balls this year but he had everyone her thinking that OL would be serviceable with how often he bailed them out. I don't know if it was the shoulder or just trying to stay home but he didn't do the same last year. D's also benefit from O 1st downs which Mitch helped with a lot...