Search results

1. CSF77

2019-20 MLB Hot Stove thread

Cubs might have the deepest system in catchers with 2 guys that could start for plenty of teams on the roster. Good kid but he was out of minor league options and is basically getting a chance to be a back up catcher now.
  2. CSF77

Cubs over/under predictions?

2012 6-6 3.76 ERA 1.6 WAR. 136 IP Good team he had a nice start. (2nd in ALC) 2013 9-7 3.51 ERA 3.4 WAR 200 IP (took over as the #2) bad team (5th ALC) 2014 9-11 3.32 ERA 4.9 WAR (team was bad) (4th ALC) 2015 9-10 3.36 ERA 4.3 WAR (team was bad) (4th ALC) 2016 13-12 3.20 ERA 4.9 WAR (team...
  3. CSF77

There is more to it but yes it is over rated and the fact that they traded for a worse RF in Nick really showed that the whole D>O is 100% incorrect info and it was just a opinion at the time and the results showed that losing O in lieu of D is worse than the other way around. Now Jason had a...
  4. CSF77

A bigger issue was having Soler in the minors and then taking Schwarber in the draft. They pretty much handcuffed themselves and then went for broke with Heyward. Now I kinda get it. Schwarber LF. Soler RF.... Uhm nope Soler sucks so sign Heyward and uhm.... And target Eloy and trade...
  5. CSF77

I would rather not dwell on the past. Most of the signs are showing that Theo will move on after his deal is up and to be honest it is time for a turn over. They had their run but ignoring pitching development will always be my biggest pet peeve with him. Cease was a smart pick up but he...
  6. CSF77

I don't agree but your opinion is not wrong at all on this. I saw Cease as something they did not have. Eloy was something that they did have. So if it was Eloy and a pitcher like Maples then ya it would have been fine. But my issue is offloading the farm like they did. They took the #1...
  7. CSF77

2018 they rode Hamels resurgence. 2019 they rode Nick's break out. 2017 they rode Q's trade 2016 they rode Chapman's trade. Pretty much every year they were co-dependant on a outsourcing. 2015 it was internal. Jake was the fire that pushed that team. Well I take it as they need a pitcher...
  8. CSF77

Injury had more to do with it. Hamels coming back clunky post injury and losing Javy did not help the cause. Contreras being injured did not help the cause. Even so Theo got a closer and a rental bat to make a stab at it. It just was not enough. Now on that topic. I felt that there were 2...
  9. CSF77

You really can't. NFL has a cap in place for a even playing field and teams can do black outs to keep their fan base from soaking free games. The Cubs have had solid sales pretty much for years and really only saw a dip when Theo took over. And that dip was still turning more profit that the...
  10. CSF77

And ask your self why did they pay Sosa and gave him nothing to work with for years? Fans came in to watch Sammy jack home runs. If the fans cared back then and held the owners accountable with low attendance then they would be expected to actually field a winning product vs a 1 man show...
  11. CSF77

I know for a fact that he has been on sense other sites for the past 10+ years. The Cubs were owned by the Trib and they were just soaking the cash cow for years. 2007-8 they were setting up a sale to Zell and stoked up the price tag. 2003 was not expected. 1998 again not expected. 89 was...
  12. CSF77

After NBA suspends their season, what odds MLB starts on time?

Was weird seeing the bread asile bare today. People are such weird creatures. Create a panic and watch the monkeys go.
  13. CSF77

But I was thinking on it some. If it ends up like the flu. Around 10% of the population got it. But you have to take into account of flu shots. But seeing how that they don't have a immunization plan for (COVID-19) it is really hard to predict how well it can be stemmed . From what I've...
  14. CSF77

Just snag some rolls from work.
  15. CSF77

Chatwood has pegged 96-98 regularly. Sure if they are talking Mills then they are correct. I see the rotation as: Yu 96 MPH with 5-6 pitches. Hendricks basically a 89 MPH guy that pinpoints. Lester 91 MPH cutter pitcher Chatwood 96 MPH with 4-5 pitches. Q- 92 MPH that leans on a curve heavy...
  16. CSF77

7,770,853,208 * .04 310,834,128 peeps dead global. perspective: USA total pop 327.2 million (2018) So that would pretty much take out the whole country.
  17. CSF77

I have my opinions on it all. Could just be a culling to lower the world population. To be honest here 100% this is not unique at all. And sense the black plague we have not even figured out how to stop the common cold. It was just a matter of time that a bad ass virus came around and gave...
  18. CSF77

I think the main issue is if it blows up like the flu. From what they know we are talking about 10x the mortality rates.
  19. CSF77

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html
  20. CSF77

It is easier to play college in front of no fans. Professional sports is profit driven.